Thread: Tough Stuff Hood Rack

Tough Stuff Hood Rack

Got this for $99.

Bought it to keep my hi-lift on the hood of my CJ until I buy a new tire carrier/rack etc.

Installation is very easy. simple as duct taping the inside hood brackets on the inside of the hood. Removing the hood bracket bolts and bolting on the mount for the tool rack. Seems like a pretty sturdy bracket. The hi-lift mount uses bolts to help carry the weight of the jack.

The good
    easy install.
    Great for holding a shovel and Axe
    Gets the Hi-lift or shovels etc out of the back of your rig.

The Bad
    Most off the hardware Bolts etc had to have a tap and die run through them to clean up the threads.
    To have your "daystar" or other brand handle tiedown you need to go out and buy some longer bolts for the highlift mount. I ziptied mine down until I got the longer bolts.
    Can't drop your windshield with it installed.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.........

84 CJ-7 with some stuff.

Member #
    Images
    Will the hi-lift stay clean enough up there? I have looked at them as a mounting option, and the version with a row of lights would be nice, but wondered if the hi-lift would ever work again after being up front.

Thanks for the info, Now for some pics
    New website - www.lgm3d.com

Here is a pic not real good for seeing how it is attached though. It will take some dirt though. It was attached to the front bumper before I put my winch on so It' getting less dirt than before.

I will try to get a better pic of the mount later.

Member #
    Images
    Wild Hare uses one on his YJ and his High lift still works after being there for the past few years
    R/C Rock Crawling ( www.rccrawler.com )
    T&T CUSTOMS ( www.tntcustoms.com )
    Cheyenne Trail Crew ( www.cheyennetrailcrew.org )

better pic's

Front

Angle and mount