Thread: Minion Krew gets wet!!!

Member #
    Images

Minion Krew gets wet!!!

AKA: Billings, Rain Mud, Blown hub, wet fun!

So, we WERE gunna go to indy, but it was closed, so we decided to man up and go to the western slope. All in attendance: T3n5oR, TDV, Jackrabbit, Ihighmaintenance, loopijeepgirl, Jake (The watcher), and Jayden(JabberJaw).

Rolled into GJ about 10:30-11 friday night. Once we got a few rooms we chilled and drank some cold beverages and studied our treasure map that steve hooked me with. It was suggested that some of us go under rocks and trees, so we decided to go over rocks and under trees whilst wheeling on billings trail. Waking up sat. morning we got some denny's and headed out with sunny skies. We unloaded the rigs and locked the hubs. Then it started raining. we got lost on spur roads a few times, but eventually found the trail as the rain let up a bit for us.

Billings is a fun trail. Sometimes it would be nice if you could drop in 1/2 way for the really tuff stuff, but the progression is really fun too. About 1/3 way in it started to POUR! We hunkered down with what tops/tarps we had and pushed on/. We got back to GJ at about 4, just in time for the skies to clear and sun to come out for the rest of the afternoon. We got some food and chilled for the rest of the night.

Next morning we got an earlier start, only to have Jackrabbit blow a trailer hub assembly. We looked for parts for a bit, then just decided to limp home on 3 wheels. Everyone made it fine, 'cept loopi and TDV got pulled over. It was for a broken windshield, and he got a warning. My tape player quit working on the trail, and my turn signal switch fried both due to rain. That was the total for the carnage. Nothing major and tons of laffs all weekend lonog! It was a blast to be sure, rain or not!

P I C S
    And so it was that I, a wayward throwback to the Mesozoic, was enslaved as a circus freak to entertain you drunken monkeys.
    PERSONA NON-GRATA
    Rogue Rock Racing #701 www.thewrathchassis.com

Member #
    Images
    Nice pics. Wish I could have run it with you guys - next time. I've been in that hole in pic #9.

Member #
    Images
    aftermarket knuckles were the part of the day. we all drove out of that.

Member #
    Images
    Pics that sum up this trip the best

Praying for NO RAIN!

JZ getting dirty

Greg Flexin

LOVE THE TRAVEL ON THIS ONE

This LINE was hard

Member #
    Images
    You can actually see the rain poring down

my little guy lovin every minute of it - even SOAKED

Gsmalz gettin wet

The Crew

Jay gettin twisted

Member #
    Images
    dood, my WT tarp looks SO hawt!!!

Member #
    Images
    Loved it when it started getting narrower and more difficult as we went

Crawling under a tree and an umbrella - EVEN the dog

Grand Junction... Take a mud bath!

Gettin wet and muddy with LoopieJeepGirl

My little guy - still having a blast covered in MUD

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by T3N5OR
    we got lost on spur roads a few times, but eventually found the trail as the rain let up a bit for us. [/URL]
    Sorry 'bout that. There's no map I know of that shows all those spur roads that you pass on the short way to the trailhead, and I've never tried to count them all and keep track of which way to go - I just drive to the trailhead. If you take the "official" route from the parking lot to the trailhead it's easier, but MUCH longer. It's not an easy trail to find, especially from I-70 if you don't know the area, but we like it that way.

Last edited by Steve; July 10th, 2006 at 03:14 PM.

Member #
    Images
    actually we were more WT driving home with a blown hub and 3 tires on 2 axles!

and sitting in the gas station for 4 hours!!!

or the 6 inches of water sitting in the bottom of our mud pit

although you might have us beat... yea your right

good stuff, except the trailer part, word to the wise, pick yourself up a spare one for the long trips, I gave my junk regular maintenance..grease, tire pressures, etc, just a freak deal I guess. At least the bump for d rated tires on trailer is a must for the wheelers out there. The rubber handled the extra stress and made it home no problemo.

The minion krew represented strong once again.

Billings is definitely worth the drive out especially if you can hit that as well as 21rd.

Thanks for the call back sunday wally, when we were in search of the hub.

Oh yeah, word on the street is the Munson dream mobile is operational! One tons and blings! The DREAM is alive!!!

Of course, driver needed now

til next time!
    'don't let the beard fool you, he is a CHILD!'

Member #
    Images
    Man i was so bummed to hear you guys were coming and my rig was in the garage getting patched up. You'll have to come back out in the fall when it's a bit cooler, and dryer for a 21 road/billings back to back trip, hopefully by then josh and jeremy will actually be able to wheel their junk with us instead of decorating their garages with tube steel

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally
    Man i was so bummed to hear you guys were coming and my rig was in the garage getting patched up. You'll have to come back out in the fall when it's a bit cooler, and dryer for a 21 road/billings back to back trip, hopefully by then josh and jeremy will actually be able to wheel their junk with us instead of decorating their garages with tube STEAKS
    fixed it for them!!!

Member #
    Images
    I have the silver variety of that fly, new style soft-top. I hear it's what all the cool kids are using.

Member #
    Images
    DUUUUUDDEEE you guys should trade so both of your soft tops match your rigs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocko
    I have the silver variety of that fly, new style soft-top. I hear it's what all the cool kids are using.

Member #
    Images
    ^^^^ I was just gunna say that!!!!

Member #
    Oh yeah, word on the street is the Munson dream mobile is operational! One tons and blings! The DREAM is alive!!!
    No pics yet but move over Swanson I'm driving. No more dreaming! Rolling the new 42 Iroks! Gsmalzest nutz and cracker "no player" rabbit you two need to roll with something more than the bald rubber you call tires these days! Oh and damn did the ladies take your game away or what in that other thread! My old lady is leaving town August 17th or something for a few days. GAME ON! That gives you plenty of time to find yours!

Its easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat, but a man worthwhile is a man who can smile when his shorts aren't too tight in the seat!!!!

Last edited by Nelson Munts; July 10th, 2006 at 07:54 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Munson Munson Munson - You can dress her up.... but can you actually take her out???
    We've all got game - big game!
    Question is "Do you?"
    When your ready to roll with the Big Ballas - let us know - Mid August is South Dakota!!! Are you ready for that?
    If not Ask LoopieJeepgirl but I think the Safeway in Leadville has some great concrete obstacles that you can practice on first.

BTW Here's apic of your rig with your new bling!!!

Cool run! What a PITA on that trailer hub.
    Terry Howe

Member #
    Images
    munson, I like rocking the drag slicks!!! A few too many trips to south denver and back rolling hot rubbers does them in quick, i need a new set! they were getting it at billings, lol. And bigger tahrs than 40's is just too easy.

Member #

smart dog

sweet pics but I love how the dog stayed clean and dry