Thread: Eagle Rock 7-9-06

Member #
    Images

Eagle Rock 7-9-06

We ended up with 6 vehicles total. 2 4Runners, 1 Toyota Truck, 2 TJs, and a Zuki. As Ben posted in my other email the trail is still a challenge in places. The left turn that was pretty hard on XJ steering has been improved, but the rest of the trail still is fun. We broke out the rope only a couple of times and didn't pull any cable at all. There was myself, funrunner86, his friend Brian in his TJ, Mudnyrey (I never get his screen name right), Cajuntj, and the Zuki that I forgot his screen name Josh had to be pulled when he got sideways on his gastank skid plate and was ready to roll off on his passenger side, and Cajuntj had to be pulled in the same spot when his drivers front tire reached for the sky. We'll see if he'll post the photo of Chris pulling him out with the Toy pickup Other than that a pretty uneventful day other than a lot of rain. I think the drive to and from the trail on Gold Camp road was more dangerous. Too many blind corners. We had to lock up the binders on more than 1 occasion. It was just fun to get out on a trail again.
    Last edited by ToyRunner1; July 9th, 2006 at 08:24 PM.
    [URL="http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=1617763#post1617763"]90 Cherokee LTD[/URL]
    Mike

Member #
    Hey I was the one in the little Zuki. Thanks for letting me tag along it was a lot of fun. I dont think eagle rock has changed much at all. The mud did make it interesting in places. Thanks again.

Member #
    Yeah! I had a great time wheelin' with ya'll, too! I'm still trying to get used to my new set-up, and at this point, I don't really like it. Tooo top heavy for me! Does better on some stuff, but alot worse on other stuff! Thanks for ya'lls patience today. I was really driving like a newbie! You don't even wanna see the pic. Totally unneccessary to take a strap! Anyway, all these guys were really cool and I hope we all get together again for some fun wheelin'!

P.S. There's no real picture showing Chris pulling me out, just a strap hooked to the front of my jeep! Maybe somebody else got a pic of it!?
    Last edited by cajun tj; July 10th, 2006 at 07:48 AM.
    Jeeps...

Member #
    Hey guys- That was me, my wife, and my buddy that you passed about a mile into the trail. We were in the red grand cherokee and black 4Runner eating lunch.

My buddy just bought an 06 4Runner and I read all of these things saying "Eagle Rock was a 2WD trail now, etc, etc..", so I thought it would be fun to take the SUV's out on.

HA! I don't know who ran that trail in 2WD, but I would like to meet them! We made it about half way and had to turn around. Justin was getting a little anxious banging his new toy around. We just put a 2" BB and bigger tires on the Overland, and it was doing pretty good, but the trail started to give it fits as well.

I will be taking my Wrangler next time for sure to finish the trail (3.5" on 33's).

You guys had some sweet looking rigs! I'm with you, Gold Camp was dangerous coming out with the fog.

Member #
    Images
    Redlyner,
    both those vehicles looked too nice to be on that trail I was pretty envious of that new 4Runner. I love em. My wife and I are talking about trading in her Gen 1 on a new one. That's saying a lot as when her old Gen 1 was totaled she wouldn't even discuss getting a new one. We too were wondering what the trail would be like with all the posts.

Cajun,
    you had the only picture as we'd all left our cameras at home. It's never bad to take a strap when you're not comfortable. I'd much rather take a strap than damage the vehicle. Your tire was pretty adamant about getting some cloud time.

Nudcall,
    sorry about forgetting your screen name. I met Chris online when he was looking into moving to Colorado years ago and I still screw up his screen name

Member #
    It was good times! Better than sitting at home and doing nothing. Yeah I need to get rid of the IFS then I'll be good-to-go! Thanks all for coming out!

Josh!
    YOTA POWER!

Member #
    No problem just remember the Zuki and we will be good to go.

Member #
    And no one had a camera???

Member #
    Images
    No, I forgot mine and didn't want to drive back by the time I'd remembered it and no one else brought one other than Cajun as far as I know.

Member #
    Sorry Guys! I don't have any pics of the trail or anybody wheelin'. Just a couple of pics of a strap hooked to my jeep.

Member #
    Edit: Video removed.
    Last edited by REDLYNER; July 12th, 2006 at 10:13 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Redlyner..........loved It...........:d

Quote:

You're Fine, Just Pop Right Up There! .........=)

Did You Receive That Damage Right Then And There?
    Crawling Chaos Racing
    Texas Style Ultra 4 CAR #187
    Shawn Inman Driver - Stephanie aka "Loopi" Co-Dawg.....................=)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by REDLYNER
    So here is a small video of my buddy and I at the begining of Eagle Rock. This was before you guys past us. Its not much (we didn't film much) but I thought I would post it!

http://colorado4x4.arlojeep.com/EagleRockAttempt.wmv

IIRC there has been quite a few discussions on here about that sandy hill you were driving up in your vid. Many of us have come to the conclusion that even though it isnt marked any more that section is no longer part of the trail and is actually closed. Some other folks may say something about it as well. If I am wrong and it is open and driveable thats cool if I am right and it is in fact closed please remember to do your part and stay on the legally open trails or we run the risk of losing them.
    91 YJ, 2.5L, AX-5, 231, HP HD44 Ford front detroit w/5.38's, Dana 60 rear, spool, 5.38's, SOA with stock springs.
    Coming up, Radius arms front with coil overs AMC 360, TF727 on propane.
    "Its hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass all day" :eek:

Member #
    We asked about that hill before we attempted it and was told it was part of the trail- that it just looped around.

If it is closed, I didn't see it any threads that I read on here. No way I would have gone there if it was marked.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by REDLYNER
    We asked about that hill before we attempted it and was told it was part of the trail- that it just looped around.

If it is closed, I didn't see it any threads that I read on here. No way I would have gone there if it was marked.
    Like I said if it is in fact open then its all cool. I would need to do some research to find out for sure. I will look into it tomorrow sometime when I have free time.

Member #
    Well I think it's about time I place an addy to this POST dig thread!

(Breaks out Texan accent) Ya'll were great!!!

It was great wheeln with you all. Mike, always a pleasure to wheel with you when you can get your ride on a trail, brings back a lot of memmories when I first moved out here, hard to believe it's been 6 yrs.

cajuntj,

No worries bro, a new set up takes some time to get used to it's ability in odd places your not used to. Getting to know your rig is key when it comes to it's limits of your own comfortablility... (New word?) hahaha We'll break ya in and I will spot ya! This will soon pass with time spent on the trail.
    Glad to have met you and your buddy, will be sending you a PM as well to go hit the incline or some running trail. looks as though the Barr trail mountain race this Sunday for me...

The trail didn't seem as difficult just after eagle rock on the left hook turn. I remember it being more rutted out the whole way up to the top turn?

Mike, and who else helped... thanks for the guide up the far left climb of Eagle! Cheers! Not sure why this time it gave me more of an effort and workout. Must have been the wet rocks and dampend ground... Driver error? lmao

Glad you guys had a great time after I bailed early, as I was tired from the second leg of my race that morning. Thanks again for waiting for me to arrive.

Will be fixing my mic wire and a few other things I have neglected on this rig. It was nice to get some of the cob webs off of it. LOL

Great to meet all of you.

Mud~
    Eliptic/Revolvers,108:1 Locked and fully loaded with Air,welder R&R air blender XO. Toy's were built to wheel,not just look Good!
    MRA Racer #707

Member #
    Mudnyrey, look forward to hearing from you! Hope you kick some major butt on Barr Trail!