Thread: MSV & Coney Flats

MSV & Coney Flats

Edit: Pics removed, if you need to see them PM me and let me know why and I'll give you a working link.

Edit: Pics added again w/o the illegal activity pics & video's.

Went up with my WJ & three other TJ's, had a good trip up until the drunkards. MSV is a nice trail but Coney is just a rocky bumpy trail. Marginally fun.

http://arlojeep.com/Trip-Reports/MSV-Coney-6-24-06/
    Last edited by ArloGuthroJeep; June 26th, 2006 at 08:35 PM.
    '04 WJ 4.0L @ 6" on Clayton LA's & 35" BFG MT KM2's - [center][url=www.rockfrogs.org][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Rock Frogs![/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.treadlightly.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Tread Lightly[/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.staythetrail.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Stay The Trail[/B][/COLOR][/url][/center]

Member #
    We went up on Thursday. We go to the little lake at the top and then go back down the way we went up. I think that the trail from the little lake on
    is rough and rocky and not a challange. I had a group with stock TJ's and it is a great trail for them. I enjoy the water at the top. approx 2 feet deep.
    Big O
    91 XJ 5.0 lift

Member #
    Images
    What is the little lake at the top? Do you get there by driving past the turn off for Coney?
    R/C Rock Crawling ( www.rccrawler.com )
    T&T CUSTOMS ( www.tntcustoms.com )
    Cheyenne Trail Crew ( www.cheyennetrailcrew.org )

Member #
    no he's talking about the water crossing you drive through at the top of coney. I guess you could refer to it as a little lake.

Have you turned those dick heads in???
    TJ. "Homegrown" 4-link front and rear, D44's, 4.56 gears, locked, 35's, 9500i winch, front cage with stinger (& gunsight!). / ATC: AAL2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 Degrees. Pilot: We are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here? ATC: Have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?

Yeah only reason I call it a lake is because the writeup on traildamage.com calls it a lake...is just a wide part of the stream. I sent the pics to the FS's "Contact Us" page which will have to do until I can get my email contacts list from my work computer tomorrow.

Member #
    Images
    Sadly, I picked up 2 beer cans today from this exact spot: http://arlojeep.com/Trip-Reports/MSV...d/P6240050.jpg

The trail has been open ONE WEEK, and I think we picked up 10-12 cans and other miscellaneous crap.

On a side note, we had a great day on the trail. I didn't have my camera, so I didn't get any pictures.
    2006 WK 5.7 Hemi

Member #
    Images
    that same white xj was there today (on msv).
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkGreen]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]I'm pretty sure I just won Lotto, but I can't remember where I put the F#@king ticket.
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by longboy
    Sadly, I picked up 2 beer cans today from this exact spot: http://arlojeep.com/Trip-Reports/MSV...d/P6240050.jpg

The trail has been open ONE WEEK, and I think we picked up 10-12 cans and other miscellaneous crap.

On a side note, we had a great day on the trail. I didn't have my camera, so I didn't get any pictures.
    I am sure it was them, they were all drinking We found where they had lunch up the trail from there; they just left all of their trash

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by atfrith
    no he's talking about the water crossing you drive through at the top of coney.
    you mean this one:

2001 '60th Anniversary' XJ
    ~6" RE/T&T Y-link longarm
    34x11 Toyo Open Countrys
    D30HP('93XJ) / D44('87XJ)
    4.56s & ARB front and rear

Angry

SERIOULSLY!!!

Who can we report those pictures in to?

Stay-the-trail guys?

Member #
    Images
    How deep was the water crossing?

Probably 18" deep, just below my door sill.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Haire Ball
    Who can we report those pictures in to? Stay-the-trail guys?
    Take pics of the rig, the license plates and the people. Then send to the Forest Service.
    Bonny - 98TJ :pbj:

[FONT=Impact][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue][B][URL="http://www.staythetrail.org/"][COLOR=blue]Stay[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]The[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]Trail[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Kitty
    Take pics of the rig, the license plates and the people. Then send to the Forest Service.
    Have specific email address' for the FS? I was expecting a response from YJGirl this morning and am surprised I haven't gotten one yet I am sure she'll be around soon...

Member #
    That's the best thing we all can do when we come across a-holes who trash our trails and put them in the same danger as Carnage... pics! Looks like you got readable plates. Turn them in to as many agencies as possible. We don't need folks like them in our sport.

Stay the trail, and pack it out!!

Yeah all of the vehicles involved I have plates, those that are too small I have hi-res versions of.

Member #
    I went up with the Trail Ridge Runners last weekend (June 17th) to help open this trail up. I'm very concerned that it is already being trashed by some MORONS (to put it nicely!) that have no reason to be where they were!!!

Please send any pictures and all information that you have to Adam at
    "3jeeps@frii.com" who is the Land Use person for the club. He will make sure that it gets to the appropriate people. I want to see these A$$holes get what they deserve!!

Thanks,

Kerry

BTW - Did anyone move that tree off the trail?
    Member of WagonMasters Off-Road Club,
    Big-T 4-Wheelers, & Trail Ridge Runners
    VP of Northern District of CoA4WDCI
    '73 Jeepster Commando - 304, 4-sp w/SOA lift & 33" BFG's

Yeah I moved the tree off: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=68379

Thanks for the email address, emailed Adam.

Pics removed - PM me if you need them for some reason.

Member #
    Thanks for getting the pictures over to Adam. I will call him to make sure that he got the pics and forwarded them to the appropriate people. Also, thanks for taking care of the tree. We need more people like you on the trails!!!

Kerry

Does anyone have any videos from up there?