Thread: Roadless Review Meeting--G.J.

Member #
    Images

Post Roadless Review Meeting--G.J.

Went to the meeting on Thursday night. Got there around 5:15 and stayed for the whole thing. Very organized, compared to the Delta meeting last November. 3 things I noticed about this meeting that I thought were mentionable...
    1. Overall, the "general public" turnout was leaning more towards the multi-use side as opposed to the "tree hug...er..."pro roadless." Plus most of the people that publicly commented were more in favor of little or no change to the exisisting roadless rules.
    2. In the Daily Senile(Sentinel), approx. the 21st of June, there was a front page story, saying that the GMUG committee was ready to declare their decision, because it was taking to long for the roadless committees to "inventory" their areas; I haven't had a chance to read the whole article... The question was brought up several times last night about this particular article and whether or not the last 2 meetings were even going to be considered, but no answer was given that was worth the hot air being spread around the room. All public comments will still be considered up until the END OF THE MONTH! Get your letters in people! It's one thing to talk about saving the trails, it's another to get off your ass and actually do something about it!
    3.The S.T.T. trailer was there and they had great food and drink (think of KFC and the Walmart soda dept. exploding in the parking lot) for everybody! Now if more people would have shown up!
    Overall, it was an informative meeting (if you can understand legalese) and I learned a little more about what it takes to not only enjoy my public lands, but what needs to be done to KEEP them!
    Like the way I drive...You should see me crawl!

'94 YJ - 60's, 40's, Atlas...You Know; Same Shit, Different Jeep!

Member #
    I am glad to hear a report of the meeting, tonight we have a get together with our club and I will be sure to hear more. It was very unfortunate that the meeting started at the time it did, it gave us no chance to be there. I wish the meetings could happen on the weekends so more of the "working class" could be there.
    Last edited by Jeepngirl; June 23rd, 2006 at 06:44 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TracYJ
    ........Get your letters in people! It's one thing to talk about saving the trails, it's another to get off your ass and actually do something about it!
    Well said!

Went camping at a 50th anniversary celebration last weekend, (think big group), and one of the gals, an OHV activists, went around with copies of the letter sent out by COHVCO.

We all brought motocycles or ATV's, so it was a mutual cause. When she was finished, there were 60+ lettters to send in. She even went to other camps and presented the letters to them with positive results. An ATV, Jeep and snowmoblie rental outfit in the area took some and will make copies to pass out also.

I thought this was a great idea!
    "Blessed are those who, in the face of death, focus on the front sight."
    < Col. Jeff Cooper > (1929 - 1968)

Member #
    Images
    Glad to hear there was a good turn out for our side! Sorry I missed it, but I couldn't get off work!
    1980 Toyota....I scratched the paint!

Member #
    Tracy,

Did you have the Blue Wrangler there? Did you stay until the end of the meeting? I had the red and silver Cherokee out back and the Blue Wrangler was the only other Jeep I saw there. I put a post under Trail Talk for other members to see but am glad that I wasn't the only member of this group in attendance.

Kevin
    92 Cherokee Laredo<br />4.5" Lift, 31x10.50 BFG AT's<br />Rock Rails, Skids, Disconnects<br />4:10 gears, Trac-Lock Rear <br />True Trac Front

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepTherapy
    Tracy,

Did you have the Blue Wrangler there? Did you stay until the end of the meeting? Kevin
    No, my Wrangler is dark green, sprung over and always dirty. I was parked in the back past the STT trailer, near the dumpsters. I think I saw you as I was leaving the parking lot, but I was late for a previous engagement (read: dinner) and needed to go. Yes, I was there until the end of the meeting.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TracYJ
    No, my Wrangler is dark green, sprung over and always dirty. I was parked in the back past the STT trailer, near the dumpsters. I think I saw you as I was leaving the parking lot, but I was late for a previous engagement (read: dinner) and needed to go. Yes, I was there until the end of the meeting.
    Yes, I think I recognized your dirt . I waved to you as you were leaving the parking lot (not the Colorado 4x4 wave). Glad to see there were more of us from this board there.

Kevin