Thread: GSW 2006 Moab - 7 Mile Rim, Hells Revenge, & Fins 'n Things

GSW 2006 Moab - 7 Mile Rim, Hells Revenge, & Fins 'n Things

GSW = Grand Slam West = 50 Grand Cherokees from around the contintent wheeling in Moab.
    All of the pics & movies: http://arlojeep.com/Trip-Reports/Moab-6-9-06/

A ZJ

Me on 7 Mile Rim's baby crack:

Yota buggy that followed us, not really part of our group at all since it wasn't a Grand Cherokee...

Hells Revenge @ the overlook:

Going up Hells Gate (Not sure on the name?)

The AEV WK crusing up effortlessly

The vids show Tip Over Challenge which one guy broke a CV joint on so a few stayed behind to fix it...us on the way out:
    '04 WJ 4.0L @ 6" on Clayton LA's & 35" BFG MT KM2's - [center][url=www.rockfrogs.org][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Rock Frogs![/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.treadlightly.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Tread Lightly[/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.staythetrail.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Stay The Trail[/B][/COLOR][/url][/center]

Member #
    I'll get my photos up soon.
    98ZJ 5.9 at 7" with T&T's Long Arm Kit, full belly pan, 35X12.50X16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30, Aussie in the back,ect.ect.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Colorado59/]My 5.9 pics[/URL]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Colorado59/

I kept thinking that no one else had photos since I have only seen a few peoples up, then I remembered it has only been 24 hours

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
    I kept thinking that no one else had photos since I have only seen a few peoples up, then I remembered it has only been 24 hours
    Ours are resizing right now.
    www.staythetrail.org

Member #
    Thanks for the pic of me on Hell's Gate. Almost the same shot as my Avatar from last year.
    It was another great GSW.
    WJ, 4.7L, Clayton LA's, 37's, Neutered QD (231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARB's), Cage

www.MallCrawlin.com

No problem Have some nice flex in there for sure.

Member #

My Turn:

First of I want to thank Big Dave his Wifey Pam, Kevin from Kevin's offroad and everyone else who planned this trip it was FREAKIN SWEET

Trail: Prichette Canyon

The Line up:

Chris the Canadians Great Proprane burning rig was unstoppable:

Brian's but built by Cody Buggy ZJ:

Everyone helping me from no going over:

First Obstacle in Moab:

Brittany taking charge in the Grand:

Rusty Nail:

Chad from AZ ZJ Buggy:

Justin's WJ:

My Broken Shit on the trail!
    Track Bar snapped into 3 different pieces. Some trail welding was required to get me home but big props to "MOAB 4X4 OUTPOST" who fixed me up same day

Fins-n-Things:

Brittany drove the whole day on this trail:

DUMP BUMP

Lion's Back:
    Alright this was one of the best parts of the trail. No way in Hell would I take my jeep up this but meet a guy named Ron who was borrowing his buddies flawless F250 Super Duty up Lions back just to piss him off Luckily I got to run Shotty on this one

Thanks again
    Ryan
    I need a new hobby

Props to Brittany for driving, not too shabby...for a girl

Member #
    Props to Brittany for driving, not too shabby...for a girl
    Haha, My favorite (and most scary) part when Britt was driving this weekend is when I was spotting for her and I told her to turn "passenger, passenger" but she thought I was saying "faster, faster" so she hit the 3 foot ledge pretty fast I told her the dont call it "Rock CRAWLING" for no reason.

More Pics:

Found some more pics that Mark from Denver took on the trail:
    Brittney flexin again:

Front Shot:

Boulder-John, I will send the pics of your WJ when I get home.
    -Ryan
    Last edited by GrandWheeler; June 14th, 2006 at 07:31 AM.

Member #
    Nice pics.! I need to get out there some day, but it looks like my Grand needs to "grow up" a bit.

Anybody know how much lift that WK has? And WTF!?!? Warn already makes a front bumper for a WK, but I can't find a good rear bumper for a WJ?
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" Isaac Asimov

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifer2112
    Nice pics.! I need to get out there some day, but it looks like my Grand needs to "grow up" a bit.

Anybody know how much lift that WK has? And WTF!?!? Warn already makes a front bumper for a WK, but I can't find a good rear bumper for a WJ?
    The WK is about 4" of lift IIRC. It's Dave Harriton from AEV's rig. My guess is that the front bumper is a completely custom piece from AEV.

Member #
    Images
    Two ZJ Buggies on Rusty Nail:

The buggy on the left from the pic above after breaking a UCA bolt:

My ZJ on Top of the World:

Pam and her ZJ on Top of the World:

Me riding the bottom of the Wedgie:

Pam coming down a ledge on Top of the World:

Me giving up my driver's seat to watch the new suspension at work:

Pam doing her best Austin Powers impression. She didn't have the tire size to go forward, and couldn't back up because her trailer hitch was right up against a rock:

Pam and I revisiting the spot where I proposed to her exactly one year ago"

Cool scenic shot:

Pam coming down the ledge that gave her troubles going up:

I got a little lax on watching my lines on Spider and missed the line by about 3 ft:

We took it kinda easy as I had just finished my long arms a week before we left and they still need some major tuning, but it was a great time!

Nice pics Dave

Member #
    Images
    Scott, can you email me the full res version of Chad holding his Amsoil gift cert? Thanks!!!!!

<yes, I am up to no good in asking for this>

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWheeler
    Haha, My favorite (and most scary) part when Britt was driving this weekend is when I was spotting for her and I told her to turn "passenger, passenger" but she thought I was saying "faster, faster" so she hit the 3 foot ledge pretty fast
    That had us all cracking up!! Here's a shot of my scary moment - the picture just doesn't do it justice, it's looking down from the TOP of the obstacle:

1998 ZJ
    7" lift, tube bumpers, and a winch

Member #
    Stan,
    That is a wicked picture, I could only imagine what it felt like inside the car. Wish i would have been there to have seen it (as well as the look on your face ) But my ZJ didnt even make it that far but there is always next year.
    -Ryan

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWheeler
    Stan,
    That is a wicked picture, I could only imagine what it felt like inside the car.
    I felt like I was standing straight up on my brake!! I look forward to wheeling with you again soon, glad you got your trackbar bracket fixed.

Glad I could help a little on this one, I was seriously wishing I weighed another 50#'s!!

Member #
    very nice very nice. I have to make it out to moab before the AF moves me next year
    2005 Patriot Blue 6-speed Rubicon
    Superwinch 9000 EPi, Rokmen Sliders, M.O.R.E 1" Bulletproof MML, Pro Comp 2" srpings, OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, Warn Front Diff Skid and still growing