Thread: Twin Cone is Open

Member #

Twin Cone is Open

A friend ran Twin Cone yesterday. Reports that it was open all the way to the top.
    Dave S.
    Dave S.
    '05 Rubicon Unlimited

Member #
    Images
    Yes, it is open and no snow on the way up.

We also did it yesterday, only passed an ATV near the top and a couple of parked rigs lower down. Looked like lots of snow on the Webster side of things.
    "Blessed are those who, in the face of death, focus on the front sight."
    < Col. Jeff Cooper > (1929 - 1968)

Member #
    Images
    Cool - thanks for the update I was going to run this last weekend but wasn't sure if it was open.
    John
    97 4Runner SR5 :::
    Some lift and stuff...

Member #
    Dave -

Isn't it about time for you to change your Colo 4x4 name to Rubicon Dave? Or Unlimited Dave?
    1995 Ford Taurus station wagon<BR>100% stock<BR>Third seat option

Member #
    Images
    Two of us are heading up there tomorrow. Both of us are new Jeep owners. My friend has only wheeled Johnny Park and the lighter side of Lefthand Canyon. It should be fun, hopefully it won't rain on us.
    [COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lotafunjeepin'
    Dave -

Isn't it about time for you to change your Colo 4x4 name to Rubicon Dave? Or Unlimited Dave?

Steve,
    I tried to change it but the system wouldn't let me becasue it recognized my computer as XJ Dave. I'll have to delete myself and re-apply if I want to change I guess.

BTW- A few of us are running Twin Cone on Sunday. Meeting at the Loaf N Jug at Hwy 285 and Park County 43A at 9:15 am. This is the Conoco Gas station about 1/2 mile north of the top of Crow Hill.

Dave S.

Member #
    Images
    Fantastic day. The two of us made it to the top. What spectacular views. The trail wasn't that bad, but the reports I have read don't do the steepness of those hills justice. We also managed to miss every storm on the way back to Boulder. Simply beautiful.

Near the top of North Cone

Next to the weather station

Crossing a creek

Buddy and I at the top of North Cone

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ Dave
    Steve,
    I tried to change it but the system wouldn't let me becasue it recognized my computer as XJ Dave. I'll have to delete myself and re-apply if I want to change I guess.

BTW- A few of us are running Twin Cone on Sunday. Meeting at the Loaf N Jug at Hwy 285 and Park County 43A at 9:15 am. This is the Conoco Gas station about 1/2 mile north of the top of Crow Hill.

Dave S.

Dave -

Thanks for the invitation. Kids soccer tournament and chores have me confined to a 20 mile radius this weekend.

We are heading for Chinamen's near Buena Vista next weekend if you are interested. Camp Saturday night, run the trail Sun.