Thread: Maiden Voyage over Medano

Maiden Voyage over Medano

I just finished my 5.5" Y-Link and took it out for an easy trail today. We went to Medano so the kids could play in the sand at the end of the trip. I still have a lot of bugs to work out before I decide to take it on anything serious.

My Poser shot.

A little flex.

And some breakage:

It was starting to rattle a little bit so when we where off of the trail I decided to tighten it up a bit and it snapped. Luckily I had a spare in the toolbox. At first I was a little worried I wasn't going to make it home.
    99 XJ 5.5" TnT Y-Link 8.8 4.56 Detroits.....
    [URL="rocksolidoffroad.org"]Rock Solid Offroad Club, Inc[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=162586"]Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs Raffle Build[/URL]

Glad you had a spare! I love that first pic. Looks like you had fun.
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4" lift, 37s
    Queen Lunatic #6
    TrailDamage.com Founder

looks good, i have been thinking of getting an XJ since i have the kiddos and such now........
    '91 YJ with some stuff
    proud ><> vet 12rd Loon
    PM me for information on quality handmade CCW holsters

I loved my YJ but it would be hard to fit 3 kids a wife and some tools in the YJ. So I picked up the xj a little over a year ago and I realy like it. I just wish it was a soft top, but that will come latter.

take a sawzall to it and build a custom rollbar to put a custom soft top on, sounds like a plan to me......

Member #
    nice pics. I'm going out there June 12-16th with some friends for camping and wheeling, hows the creek level looking? ive never been out there so it looks like fun, but i know its not that tough of a trail so we're mainly goin out there for the camping, and we're gonna try and hit some trails on the way down, make a vacation outta it.

The creeks are low for this time of the year. The deepest crossing was just above my hubs.