Thread: Spring Creek [5.13.06/PICS]

Member #
    Images

Spring Creek [5.13.06/PICS]

The 'crew' [Myself, Bob, Dean] headed down south and met up with the rest of the group [Tom/Becky, Austin, Justin & Family, & Matt 'DingDong' ]. Matt and Justin had scouted the trail, just two days prior, and made it just past the rock garden. We decided we'd try to break through, so all of you can now stop asking if the trail is open , 'cause it is. All in all a great day of wheelin with some good friends. Enough talk here are the pics.

Happy Birthday Bob

Austin's encounter

The TOP!! Woot Woot!!!

-Will

Member #
    That last picture is pretty freakin sweet!
    :confused: "There are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots..."

Member #
    Images
    It's great that you guys made it to the top. I know everyone is always asking and they never really know when it is "open".

Sorry I missed out....I just didn't think it would be too cool to wheel a rig that now belongs to someone else.

Alright, better you folks than me last weekend. looks like a little less snow from a week ago, but still looked like more work than I would want to do.

X2 on that last pic.
    It is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end. It is the end of the beginning.

Member #
    Looks like you guys had a great time! Wish i coulda made it on that one!
    [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot [/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Hesperia-CA/Caught-My-Eye-Photography/366899572049?ref=ts"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Caught My Eye Photography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
    [QUOTE=Steve]I was WRONG![/QUOTE]

Member #
    Who's MJ is that????
    '91 XJ 4.0L HO 4.5"
    '89 MJ 4.0L 5"
    '95 ZJ 4.0L HO

Member #
    Mine
    Justin Kaplan

Member #
    Im glad you guys busted it open for the rest of us!! Now. . . can I steal that last pic and photochop my rig into it so i can use it as my desk top!! {GREAT PICS}

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK!

Member #
    sweet pictures!!! where is that trail?

Member #
    i had a lot of fun despite being the odd rig out, been a few years since i've run that trail. saddly my camera man didn't show, i was wondering if anyone happened to take any pics of my rig.
    76 K5 454,th350,205,d44,corp12 <br />sawzall body work<br />customized suspension

it's just west of idaho springs on i-70
    '91 YJ with some stuff
    proud ><> vet 12rd Loon
    PM me for information on quality handmade CCW holsters

Member #
    That is awsome!!! I can't wait till I run that trail!!
    Don't take life to serious...you'll never make it out alive!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lifted76k5
    i was wondering if anyone happened to take any pics of my rig.
    The only one I got of your rig...

Hey thats great that you made it over the rock garden......were you able to make it out the back side or did you come back out the front? Looks like a great trip!!
    Just enough to get me in trouble!!
    [URL=www.gonejeepin.myphotoalbum.com]Trip Pics!![/URL]

Member #

Talking Great Day

What a great day of wheeling. Spring Creek gets better every year. I sure was impressed with the TnT riggs, that Y-Link long arm sure works good. I can't wate to see the TJ kit. The ony pick of my TJ is the one where Bob is showing me why you need the TnT tube fenders. "See the tube fenders don't bend like that if someone back into them".
    This was not work it was a blast and we opened the trail up. So everyone go up a dig out the rock garden even more.
    2005 LJ R - TNT Customs Long Arm, 35' meat on TR Beadlocks, 3" lift, 2" body, lifted transmission-T case and gas tank. Belly up skid, TNT Customs armor

Member #
    Images
    I cut a few more ruts through the snow on Sunday. Pics and video forthcoming...

Member #
    I was on Lamartene(sp) and Saxson Mnt.
    They are not open. Where did you all open it up at? Where I turned around, the snow drifts were 5 feet deep and 30 yards long running down the trail. The only way through was off trail where those DAMM quads go. I don't do off trail.
    Didn't make it as far as the turn to Spring Creek, perhaps 1/2 mile short.
    Did you all just clear spring creek to the top and back down? Or did you come down through Georgetown or Idaho Springs? This was all still closed in my eyes.

A side note...
    Did make all the way from Central City to Alice, including a climb up Yankee Hill, This trail system is open.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster
    They are not open. Where did you all open it up at? Where I turned around, the snow drifts were 5 feet deep and 30 yards long running down the trail. The only way through was off trail where those DAMM quads go. I don't do off trail.
    Did you all just clear spring creek to the top and back down? Or did you come down through Georgetown or Idaho Springs? This was all still closed in my eyes.

A side note...
    Did make all the way from Central City to Alice, including a climb up Yankee Hill, This trail system is open.
    we didn't go off trail, we winched ourselves thru the snow and opened up the trail.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna]Rock Mafia[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL]http://www.trailheaders.net[/URL]

Member #
    Images
    Thanks to all who were there. Becky and myself had a great time. Happy Birthday Bob!!! Thanks Will for posting the pictures. TNT Customs products definately performed well and come highly recommended.
    [FONT="Tahoma"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"][I]CRUZIN ILLUSION[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]BUILT NOT BOUGHT
    By Cruzin Illusion Customs[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
    [URL="http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=560373#post560373"]http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=560373#post560373[/URL]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]([/COLOR][COLOR="Gray"]OlllllllllllllO[/COLOR][COLOR="darkorange"])[/COLOR]
    Rock Frog

Member #
    I'm sorry, I did not mean to imply anything off trail, I was just venting on quads, I dislike them.

Did you come out the Idaho Spgs. or Georgetown side? We were on the Idaho Springs side.
    When we came upon that 100 foot long 5 foot deep snow drift, at least going up hill, that was too much for one jeeps winch to do. I'm impressed that your group did it, that was a MESS of snow... We cut through a lot of virgin snow to get to the point we said "enough". I'm sure you saw our tire tracks.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster

A side note...
    After finishing Spring Creek to the top, we headed down toward Lamartine and then turned to connect to Cascade Creek. I broke out all the drifts on CC and we headed back to Idaho Springs on 103. Never left the trail.

Member #
    Images
    on to the pics... [and the guy on 31's didn't even bypass the rock garden!]

The entire album is here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2106323887
    Last edited by Bryan; May 15th, 2006 at 10:34 PM.