Thread: YJ Upper door slider

Member #

Question YJ Upper door slider

Anyone have any experience with the Best Top upper door halves with the sliding windows? I'm sick of the zippers getting messed up.

Member #
    Images

upper sliders for yj

i had the sliders for mine for about a week and sold them. they are nice in the winter for less wind flap, but you are really restricted when the window is open as you can't rest your arm on the window sill and when you go thru a drive thru for food its like threading thread thru a needle. uncomfortable if you ask me. better off finding full hard doors.
    i know that factory bestop zippers and mopar zippers are small and have a tendency to fail, but if your glass is good, take them to a tent place and get good zippers installed and they last a long time.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna]Rock Mafia[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL]http://www.trailheaders.net[/URL]

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Hare
    i had the sliders for mine for about a week and sold them. they are nice in the winter for less wind flap, but you are really restricted when the window is open as you can't rest your arm on the window sill and when you go thru a drive thru for food its like threading thread thru a needle. uncomfortable if you ask me. better off finding full hard doors.
    i know that factory bestop zippers and mopar zippers are small and have a tendency to fail, but if your glass is good, take them to a tent place and get good zippers installed and they last a long time.
    One of my old roommates had the glass sliders in his YJ (I believe they were bestop, but I'm not positive). I had similar experiences the times that I rode/drove with him. Also, if you get dirt/mud in the tracks that they slide in, they don't slide so well anymore (unless you clean/lubricate them). I don't think that I would purchase them for myself.
    1977 CJ5... 360, 36's, and a few other things.

I didnt like mine, like was previously said you cant rest your arm with that little space. I got off on the wrong foot with mine though, it was about 30 Degrees and snowing and I tried to open one of the windows and itjust shattered. So I am a bit partial

Member #
    I got the sliders for the soft top and also the sliders for my hardtop. I like em just because of the wind flap and they look better too. Although with my upper hards i slid my window onpe while wheelin and it shattered all over my lap too. Musta been the altitude or something. Bestop is a great company though and replaced it right away.

Zippers can be a pain in the ass, I think the sliders are handy.
    Currently: YJ on 32s open diffs, rockers, crusher corners, and 4 loud squirrels!

In The Works: D44/D60; ARB'd; 4.7L; Spring Over and everything that goes along with it.

Member #
    I don't like them because when open the opening is so small you can't really do anything with them. While four wheeling they are useless because you can't really even fit your head out to look at a rock or anything and if you do get your head out it is just enough to get it out and get it stuck. They are nice when they are closed and on the road but if you ever need to opent hem they don't open enough to make it worth it. Hard doors are much better.