Thread: Hidden Valley and FJ Cruiser...

Hidden Valley and FJ Cruiser...

after the AVS game last night I ventured up Hidden Valley Ranch Road for a little trail run. Ran into a gentlemen with the FJ Cruiser and he followed me up. To keep what could be a long story from happening, I will just say that I was impressed with it

With that being said, cant wait to see what one with a lift, new rubber and some protection can do. These things might just be quite the crawler

Quote Originally Posted by mooncricket
    after the AVS game last night I ventured up Hidden Valley Ranch Road for a little trail run. Ran into a gentlemen with the FJ Cruiser and he followed me up. To keep what could be a long story from happening, I will just say that I was impressed with it

With that being said, cant wait to see what one with a lift, new rubber and some protection can do. These things might just be quite the crawler
    I saw one of them with Cali. MFG plates on it parked infront of Poison Spyder Customs last week. I'm thinking it might be the new Ultimate Adventure Rig. Whatever it is I know Clifton and the rest of the crew @ PSC are gonna make that one bad FJ.

Are you talking Hidden Valley between Jackson Creek and Dakan?
    Last edited by SPY; April 28th, 2006 at 07:23 AM.
    www.TwistedDV.com ***The leader in rock crawling entertainment***
    www.rockzombieoutlaws.com
    4 seater 4runner buggy, 39" Red label Krawlers, Howe full hydro, 60's, 16" 2.5 King coilovers f/r,4.7s, PRP seats

yes Hidden Valley up there off Jackson Creek. I was a little sloshed after the AVS game and figured it would be fun to get the dogs out of the house and had my cousin take us up Hidden Valley in my Jeep at damn near midnight...

Didn't think I'd run into anyone else but there was this big M&M Blue looking Toyota getting ready to turn around and not run the trail because the gate was closed to the small bridge and he didn't see the water crossing to the right... But he followed me up and did great! That trail is fun IMO...it changes every year with all the water run off it gets

here we go!

Member #

FJ 40 Cruiser

That thing is friggin sweet!!

Member #
    i thought they were ugly till i saw this !!!

bitchin!

Member #
    yes Hidden Valley up there off Jackson Creek. I was a little sloshed after the AVS game and figured it would be fun to get the dogs out of the house and had my cousin take us up Hidden Valley in my Jeep at damn near midnight...

Didn't think I'd run into anyone else but there was this big M&M Blue looking Toyota getting ready to turn around and not run the trail because the gate was closed to the small bridge and he didn't see the water crossing to the right... But he followed me up and did great! That trail is fun IMO...it changes every year with all the water run off it gets
    So let me get this straight, you bypassed gate and drove on a posted closed trail by going off the trail and running through a creek? You imply your cousin's were driving while you were "sloshed", but I'd bet they were in no better condition. Nice work dipshit. Next time maybe that trail will be completely closed for good because jackasses won't obey the rules and continue to run it when it's seasonally closed (probably due to muddy conditions). You're the reason we all get a bad name, and trails are continually being closed.
    Murray's Toys: 76 FJ40, 00 Toyota MR2, 13 Triumph Tiger 800XC, 07 KTM 450EXC, 05 Suzuki SV1000S, 12 Yeti SB66c, too many skis to list...

I got your Jeep thing....now it burns when I pee

your such a jackass for even posting that...

I had some beer AT the AVALANCHE game and when I got home (my cousin lives with me while attending school) my cousin and I took my dogs and headed up the Hidden Valley Ranch Road..........

Now step back a mintue angry tiger because you obviously DONT know what the F you are talking about. The BRIDGE that is GATED is the CROSSING that is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN! The WATER CROSSING to the RIGHT of the BRIDGE is the actual start of the trail..............should I go over that again for you?

Now step back a mintue angry tiger because you obviously DONT know what the F you are talking about. The BRIDGE that is GATED is the CROSSING that is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN! The WATER CROSSING to the RIGHT of the BRIDGE is the actual start of the trail

there, consider that the chorus and sing it over and over again until you can get it. I have lived in castle rock for over 20 years and have been on that road prob 200 times. Dont assume you have a clue what your talking about and come in and bash someone for something you have no idea on.

Secondly, have you ever been a little drunk while riding along with someone in a car that is sober? I hope so....or I'd assume you dont drink and maybe that is your problem with me to begin with But I am a very responsible adult and resposible wheeler and dont give a damn what you think about me being drunk while riding along with my SOBER cousin and SOBER dogs - the

Ryan

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SPY
    I saw one of them with Cali. MFG plates on it parked infront of Poison Spyder Customs last week. I'm thinking it might be the new Ultimate Adventure Rig. Whatever it is I know Clifton and the rest of the crew @ PSC are gonna make that one bad FJ40.

Are you talking Hidden Valley between Jackson Creek and Dakan?
    From what I have heard it is going to be the Ultimate Adventure Rig...38's Solid front axle....

but make NO mistake...lol it's NOT an FJ40/Land cruiser ...

Member #

I had some beer AT the AVALANCHE game and when I got home (my cousin lives with me while attending school) my cousin and I took my dogs and headed up the Hidden Valley Ranch Road..........

Now step back a mintue angry tiger because you obviously DONT know what the F you are talking about. The BRIDGE that is GATED is the CROSSING that is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN! The WATER CROSSING to the RIGHT of the BRIDGE is the actual start of the trail..............should I go over that again for you?

Now step back a mintue angry tiger because you obviously DONT know what the F you are talking about. The BRIDGE that is GATED is the CROSSING that is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN! The WATER CROSSING to the RIGHT of the BRIDGE is the actual start of the trail

there, consider that the chorus and sing it over and over again until you can get it. I have lived in castle rock for over 20 years and have been on that road prob 200 times. Dont assume you have a clue what your talking about and come in and bash someone for something you have no idea on.

Secondly, have you ever been a little drunk while riding along with someone in a car that is sober? I hope so....or I'd assume you dont drink and maybe that is your problem with me to begin with But I am a very responsible adult and resposible wheeler and dont give a damn what you think about me being drunk while riding along with my SOBER cousin and SOBER dogs - the

Ryan
    My apologies. I admit I am not familiar with this exact area, but I've never heard of a trail that is blocked off with a gate and the approved route is through a creek beside it. I was hesitant hitting the submit reply button on this one since I was so harsh and didn't know details. If the situation is truely as you described, then I apologize. I'm not one to go off spewing rants and hateful crap, but when I see someone posting about what I thought was irresponsible behavior I had to respond. And to answer your question about my drinking habits, no I've never been with someone while drunk, no I don't drink, and no I could care less whether you or anyone else drinks. Obviously all my friends drink, I don't have any issues with that. Glad to hear the dogs were sober

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by teamextreme
    My apologies. I admit I am not familiar with this exact area, but I've never heard of a trail that is blocked off with a gate and the approved route is through a creek beside it. I was hesitant hitting the submit reply button on this one since I was so harsh and didn't know details. If the situation is truely as you described, then I apologize. I'm not one to go off spewing rants and hateful crap, but when I see someone posting about what I thought was irresponsible behavior I had to respond. And to answer your question about my drinking habits, no I've never been with someone while drunk, no I don't drink, and no I could care less whether you or anyone else drinks. Obviously all my friends drink, I don't have any issues with that. Glad to hear the dogs were sober
    I can undertsand your rant, but I know the area, and the bridge he discusses is privately owned and closed. But as he states, the trail goes through the creek beside the bridge. It is quite bizarre. But, Hidden Valley itself seems a little strange!
    The Lemonator
    Jeepnut Extrordinaire

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FJBen
    but make NO mistake...lol it's NOT an FJ40/Land cruiser ...

No, but I bet it's still all metric.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlueCJ7
    No, but I bet it's still all metric.
    Isn't Canada an all metric country??? I'm turning you in TRAITOR!!!!

Member #
    Images
    Say, some directions (and discription) to this trail would be sweet.. It is not listed on trail damage or on 4X4 trails.
    Scott
    2000 TJ LA and Locked on 35s

Member #
    yeah, where exactly is this? I realized I've been on Jackson Creek road before and explored around there a fair amount, mainly on my dirt bike. There is a section of Jackson Creek road that has been closed for some time. Is this on the southern leg of the road, below the closed portion, at the north end of the road (if that made sense)? There is a creek crossing in there somewhere and a huge mud pit the FS was trying to get cleaned up. Are we talking the same area, or further south (s. of RR Road)?

the mud pit area was called Watson Park and has been closed permantly. There used to be some really cool ice caves back there to explore and now you have to hike a couple miles to get to them....that is more of the end of Dakan Road....This trail actually is an old fire road that connects Jackson Creek to Dakan. It is in the SHAMBALLA area and the people are down right cuckoooooo

I know exactly where he is talking about. And he did NOTHING wrong. The Gate is for a Bridge that goes to a house on the other side. The home owners built the bridge instead of going thru the creek all the time. I talked to the guy that owns the house. Very nice guy. He just didn\'t feel like repairing it when someone jacked it up or get sued because some Dip drives off the bridge and kill them selves. I don\'t blame him a bit.

Its a fun trail for the more stockish rigs. Wash out mostly. I took my Xterra and had to hit the skinny way more then I wanted to but I made it no problem. I go there to test my flex on the jeep.

Its a legal trail. You just have to know where it is because it looks illegal for sure. The land owner wanted that way. Keep?s out the Dip?s

Yeah that little town on Hidden Valley Road always gives me the creeps.

Member #
    Images
    here we go!
    I want one!
    Mat

Member #
    Images
    Yea I got to drive one of these, with a locker in the rear and a price tag of like 27k its not a bad ride at all, good power, good interior, plus it looks friggin sweet.

Downsides; Its gonna need armor under it, the stock skids are purly for show, or dust maybe, literally aobut 12 gauge sheet metal, you can bend it with your thumb.
    Also the rockers are pretty low, but a good 3-4 inch lift and 33's would help that out. The bumpers are plastic.

I'd still buy one tho, if I needed a more family oriented vehicle.
    Rubicon still rules the day for a stocker in my book.
    Professional Yeti Stalker
    "Thunk Jr." 2008 JK 4" Pro Comp Lift on 35" Xterrain's

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by teamextreme
    that bridge is a private bridge.i drove my bug up that 10+ years ago,and got a few inches of ice cold water inside LOL.i drove my 64 full bodied vw beetle up that.it used to be a lot worse as well.those cars are amazing.
    scott

Member #
    Anybody else think this looks like a toyota'd H3?
    Die young and save yourself. -Brand New

'05 Rubicon w 4 1/2 in. RE LA 35" MTR Stock POS stereo

Member #

Ryan
    ryan,remember how eff'd up dakan mt rd used to be?all those 12-24" deep ruts on mud?i drove my 1986 chevette up that road a million times to go shooting 13 inch tires and all that had some sweet jumps i'd jump the beetle coming out of there down by the white wood fence.
    scott

Dakan road bores me to death, But Hidden Valley is fun. I guess the little "stepping stones" rock section on Dakan Road is fun also but since watson park was closed ........just another dirt road.