Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Old Farts Run - Sunday

Member #
    Images

1st Annual Old Farts Run - Sunday

Well, started out as a great day. Followed a guy in a ZJ, mad driving skills, nice job. but I got to the rock garden and was impatient and tried to got around the ZJ and XJ and high centered on a rock. Peeled my oil plug just enough to ruin my day. Must have something to do with me bringing the GF along. 2 years ago first run out with her I killed a T-case. Slaugterhouse this year, another T-case, today oil pan. I managed to limp home and used 3 quarts of oil getting here.

Thanks to all the guys that donated oil. I owe you all big. waiting for it to cool down before I pull the pan and see how bad it is.
    Master Sgt. Art Lilley aka NC_Zuk, 1972 - 2007 gonna miss you little Brother

http://www.michaelclilley.com

Member #
    Images
    dude! I wondered what the hell happened to you! So thats why you needed oil. I thought you were just topping off!

Don't want to rub it in but we had a great time!
    So this baby seal walks into this club...
    Lunatic #9.
    كافر

It was a great time. Great people. Thanks to all the helped the weak link, me.
    Great weather, all round a very good day.

Again thanks to all that helped me, I'm getting worse in my driving skills with the old age, but I still have a good time.

The trail fixed the rattle I had.

PS, I will have to check and see if I got any pictures. Have to see if I have that, CJ that walked up the left line at the whale, unassisted.

I need to soak the feet and body and... what ever else the old body needs.

Edit to add pics. Note I have none from the whale. Not much at all - here are some:

Last edited by oleblue; April 24th, 2006 at 07:49 AM.
    It is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end. It is the end of the beginning.

Member #
    Had a great time today, even though I didn't quite meet the "age limit". Hopefully Frank or Perry will post up some pics. Again I had a great time, thanks for letting me tag along.

-Will
    98 TJ w/ 5.2/44re/Stak d300, tons, 40" treps, coilovers, etc, etc
    08 JKUR w/ RIPP supercharger and headers, 37" km2s, RK 3.5" LA, fox IFPs, etc, etc
    03 2500HD cc dmax tow pig

'Screw you guys, I'm going home" Frank Z's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Great Run today! Thanks to all for a great time.

Special thanks to DaJudge for setting up the run...great job!!

I didn't get too many pictures but the ones I did take are on imagestation...
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2107060518

Will, Larry...nice to meet some more local guy's and thanks for letting us tag along today.

I gotta say we really had a blast and my daughter is very greatfull for the help she received while trying to videotape some of the action. I haven't had a chance to watch tape yet...I'm not feeling too confident about the contents though.

I hope everyone made it home safely without any problems.

Member #
    Images
    Just want to let everyone know we made it home safe & sound. First I want to thank DaJudge for getting this together, it was a really fun time.
    Thanks for Steve, Mary & Whitey for meeting us for breakfast that was fun.
    Thanks Jeff for letting us stay at your cabin so I didn't have to get up at 5:00 to make the trip.
    Explorergurl & I had a great time, met some really nice "Old folks" and a few younger ones.
    FrankZ thanks for making me look good with your spotting. Sorry I didn't help you thru the same spots, I caught some slack for that.
    I'll try and see what we have for pictures and get them posted.
    "THEEEEEEE PURPLE Explorer"
    5.5 Superlift, no slip locker, 35" Big-O XT tires, lots of custom stuff.

Member #
    Images
    It was a great run today, great to meet all of you. Thanks to Da Judge for setting this up. Hopefully this will be an annual event.
    Hey Explorerguy, whats that sticking out of your front tire
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkGreen]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]I'm pretty sure I just won Lotto, but I can't remember where I put the F#@king ticket.
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Member #
    Images
    DaJudge, thanks for organizing this run

This was my first CO 4x4.org event I really enjoyed it. You're all a great group of folks Lookin' forward to the next run (whenever that might be)

Frank, I told my wife about you & your family & now she's bummed because she missed the run. Maybe we oughta get some folks together to do an Eagle Rock camping trip?
    '94 Ranger
    6" Skyjacker Class II
    Detroit Lockers
    5.13's 37x12.50 MTR's

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sames
    Hey Explorerguy, whats that sticking out of your front tire
    We made it home O.K. so I don't think it was anything.
    Explorergurl didn't take as many pictures as I thought but here is what we got. I hope you can click on the link and if not let me know & I'll try it again.
    Just wondering did anyone get any pictures of me on the steps? If so could you please email them to us? THANKS

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2107057284

Member #
    Images
    It works, good pics, but I think there were a lot of doubles.
    I only have one eye! ;)

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nomo4x4
    It works, good pics, but I think there were a lot of doubles.
    Don't know what happened, looks like I downloaded them more then one time. I'll have to go fix it.

Member #
    Images
    Well folks the video isn't all that great, actually it's enough to give sailor a severe case of sea sickness. Rebecca (10 yrs) had the camera pointing just about everywhere but where the action was. About the only really steady shot is my little dirt shower courtesy of Curts Xterra.....and no I'm not gonna post it!!

Rebecca provided great color commentary but her cinemagraphic skills need a lot of work.

Member #
    Images
    Thanks to everyone for a great day. I had a great time meeting new people and putting faces to the names on the board. There is nothng better than a good day of wheelin' under a blue Colorado sky and friends!
    The Lemonator
    Jeepnut Extrordinaire

Member #
    Images
    Thanks to all, it was a great day and a good time. We really enjoyed being with you folks.

Al and Mark, good to meet you both and thanks for making it happen.

Dallas and Ken, you guys are a riot to wheel with. Nice sounding engine Dallas!

Perry and Terri, really nice to meet you two and the breakfast was fun.

Jeff, you're a lunatic. (J/K) Good to run a trail and have breakfast with you.

Steve, another good time as always, looking forward to Moab this week.

Curt, I really admire your gumption and can do attitude.

Jason and Shane, get a gas cap! Nice to meet you 'young' guys.

Paul and your son, (can't remember your son's name), good to wheel with you, glad you caught up with us, we were moving pretty fast.

Frank and family, thanks for stopping to help Chris after. Good to run with you.

Will, nice Jeep and good job driving it too, glad we met you.

Larry, very capable FS Toy and good driving too, didn't get a chance to talk much with you, maybe on the next O F Run.

Silver Grand, sorry, I didn't catch your name or meet you.

And last, (for sure not least), the fellow in the other Rubi, I can't remember you name, (hell to get old), but it was nice wheeling with you too.

If I've forgotten anyone on the run, my apologies, it isn't intentional. Had a good time, much better than a nap. I'm trying to get some pictures up and should have them eventually.
    "Blessed are those who, in the face of death, focus on the front sight."
    < Col. Jeff Cooper > (1929 - 1968)

Member #
    Images
    Dashek,
    Sorry about your problems on the run today and glad you made it home.

I believe Chris was the driver of the Bronco that had the hub problems and couldn't make the run. Anyone know if he made it home okay? I sure felt bad when he couldn't make the run and even worse when we saw him getting loaded onto a towtruck at the end of the day.

Member #
    Images
    Had a good time, great to meet all of you "old farts"

Whitey we found the gas cap in the tub of the Jeep under the spare tire, opps.
    [URL=http://www.supermotors.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=5809]About My Bronco [/URL]

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Z
    Dashek,
    Sorry about your problems on the run today and glad you made it home.

I believe Chris was the driver of the Bronco that had the hub problems and couldn't make the run. Anyone know if he made it home okay? I sure felt bad when he couldn't make the run and even worse when we saw him getting loaded onto a towtruck at the end of the day.
    Opps. Forgot to mention Chris and the white Jeep, Dashek.

I didn't have any oil with me, but, after your mishap, I'll start carrying a couple of quarts. I'm pretty sure Chris made it home, Mary talked to his wife and all was well then.

EDIT: Shain, glad you found the gas cap, especially at the price of that stuff these days.
    Last edited by Whitey; April 23rd, 2006 at 10:41 PM.

Member #
    Images

Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

Life is good! !לחיים

Member #
    Images

ALMOST DaEnd OF DaJudge:

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Images
    Cheers DaJudge.

Those are some good pics, they capture the action!

Member #
    Hey Jeff (jtw2), sorry we didn't make it out there to run Carnage with you in the afternoon. Was getting the trailer all ready to go and going to load up the jeep, but then I started getting yelled at that it was too late in the afternoon to make the 3 hour trip out there, run the trail (hopefully with no probs could of been done in an hour but has taken up to 6+ hours) and then make the 3 hour trip back. I didn't see any problem with it, we would of been on the road by 1pm. Blake was pretty pissed too, he really wanted to go. Oh well, were thinking of loading up and heading out there next weekend though, if you want to go.

Looks like you guys had a good time, and had a good turn out of rigs and people over the whole weekend.
    Last edited by Jeep-in-dna; April 24th, 2006 at 12:21 PM.

Member #
    Images
    I'll tell you what, da judge can run fast for being an older fella

Thanks for the great time.
    ColoradoCarry.com
    Colorado CCW Trainer
    Utah CCW Trainer

Member #
    Images
    Thanks to all the picture takers, one of the best things about Colo4x4 is Trip Reports.

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Images
    Hey Judge thanks for posting up the photos. Also for putting this run together. Looking forward to next year.

Pounded out the pan and tried to weld it up. Turned the mig down as low as it would go and was still blowing holes, so no luck welding. Planning on pickng one up today or tomorrow. Will build that skid I was planning on doing last week. A little to little and a little to late. But if it breaks just build it stronger next time.

Member #

Just love the commentator there. A natural!

By the way. I hate that rock on the right! Or at least my jeep does.
    98ZJ 5.9 at 7" with T&T's Long Arm Kit, full belly pan, 35X12.50X16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30, Aussie in the back,ect.ect.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Colorado59/]My 5.9 pics[/URL]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Colorado59/

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashek
    Pounded out the pan and tried to weld it up. Turned the mig down as low as it would go and was still blowing holes, so no luck welding. Planning on pickng one up today or tomorrow. Will build that skid I was planning on doing last week. A little to little and a little to late. But if it breaks just build it stronger next time.
    At least now when you tell the girlfriend you need to build a skid plate she will understand why!!!

Have to say that is a pretty darn good video & you said her cinemagraphic skills need a lot of work.
    That spotter sure made that look easy that's for sure!!!

Member #
    Images
    Here's another one for ya....
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=683306230&n=2

Never gonna live this one down.

Member #
    Images

I am SOOO glad you got that on vid! That was one of the funniest things I've seen on a trail!

Member #
    Images
    Explorergurl took more pictures then I thought so I added more pictures so check them out.

Member #
    Images
    It's a good thing everyone took so many pictures. I was already starting to forget how much fun I had! And not one single turn signal on!!!!

Member #
    Images
    Good pictures Perry and Terri.

Nice video, Frank, your girl is a doll, she's gonna be a Highly Paid news anchor.

Here are some more pics.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2107053791

(This is my first time linking to an album, so, if it doesn't work right, please let me know. TIA)

Member #
    Images
    Hey Whitey,
    Explorergurl was wondering if Mary was sore today?
    Since she had so much fun is she ready to go again??

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorerguy
    Hey Whitey,
    Explorergurl was wondering if Mary was sore today?
    Since she had so much fun is she ready to go again??
    I just asked her and she said, with a resounding, positive answer, "Absolutely!"
    Not sore at all, (thank goodness).

So, I take that as a 'sure'.

Actually, that would be great.

Member #
    Images
    I seem to have left my manners else where....
    A huge THANK YOU to all for being such great sports with both my kids. Rebecca was in 7th Heaven filming and providing color commentary and was giddy all the way home. Daniel raved about how much he enjoyed being on the trail with a great bunch of geezers!...Actually he was very impressed with everyones rigs.

You all went out of your way to include them in the fun.
    Thanks again!!

Member #
    Sorry I'm so late to post. I don't have the internet at home, and had Mon. off of work. Big thanks to everyone. Especially DaJudge for getting it all together and Frank Z and Explorerguy for the excellent spotting. I'm not the most sociable guy when meeting new people, so if I didn't get a chance to meet any of you, sorry. I had a fun time, even being scared to death at the last obsticle. I was sure I was going to have a newly shaped door, but the Jeep made me look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashek
    Well, started out as a great day. Followed a guy in a ZJ, mad driving skills, nice job. but I got to the rock garden and was impatient and tried to got around the ZJ and XJ and high centered on a rock. Peeled my oil plug just enough to ruin my day. Must have something to do with me bringing the GF along. 2 years ago first run out with her I killed a T-case. Slaugterhouse this year, another T-case, today oil pan. I managed to limp home and used 3 quarts of oil getting here. Actually, it's a WJ. Thanks, though. I had to work a little harder than most what with my small tires.

Thanks to all the guys that donated oil. I owe you all big. waiting for it to cool down before I pull the pan and see how bad it is.
    No problem at all!! Glad to be able to help out.
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" Isaac Asimov

Member #

My computer at work won't let me download that media player. Any way someone can link it somewhere else so I can watch? I really wanted to see the dirt shower again!!

I?m sure glad I could provide for people?s entertainment. Anytime you would like more, just let me know. I am more than willing to provide such fun. I?m here all summer long. Thank you.

(Sorry bout that shower)

Again thanks to everyone - Can't say enough how great everyone was. This board rocks with some of the greatest folks around.