Thread: Carnage/Boulder Saturday 4-15

Member #
    Images

Carnage/Boulder Saturday 4-15

Well I finally broke an axle. Just a little bit of carnage for the day. Was almost all the way thru the waterfall and SNAP!.With some assistance was able to ratchet strap a log to the side of the jeep and drive it up to 5 points and down lefthand and right up on the trailer. I hope you guys all had more fun than me. Please post some pictures of all the fun. I only have 2.

P.S. A bad day wheelin is still better than work.

1 Blew a tire on trailer on way up
    2 snapped an alloy shaft
    3 scratched my freekin oakleys
    http://www.colorado4x4.org/gallery/f...isc4-15024.jpg
    http://www.colorado4x4.org/gallery/f...isc4-15022.jpg

plus the freekin wind was terrible on the way back. sometimes could barely maintain 55mph.
    Last edited by Wild Hare; April 15th, 2006 at 05:20 PM.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna]Rock Mafia[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL]http://www.trailheaders.net[/URL]

This trip was great!! I got to meet so many great people! Everyone did really well and most of us got out relatively unscathed (except RedLyner and Wild Hare ... poor things!). I haven't been up Carnage in a while, so it was exciting to do the gaurdian rocks and other challenging obstacles. I have posted my pics here: http://blakeoffroad.com/4wheeling/Fo...%204%2D15%2D06

(If you get a password prompt, just click cancel. Don't know why it's doing that! I will be uploading the videos, but until then... Thanks for a great day of wheeling!!
    TJ Chic now owns a YJ but can't change her screen name! :)

1995 YJ Sahara, 4L with a blower on Dana 44 front and Ford 9" rear, locked with Detroits, and rolling around on on 37s

Member #
    Images
    just got back myself. We ended up going over the upper part and ran into a couple of Germans in trouble so we winched em and tugged em back onto the road and then came on down carnage. good time and no more broken stuff. Some guy broke his rear axle on the waterfall in a Blazer and they dragged the thing down Carnage w/o a wheel! It was kinda funny to follow the skid track down. I don't know how they did it!
    So this baby seal walks into this club...
    Lunatic #9.
    كافر

Member #
    A $50 shock and some sliders and I will be as good as new!

That trail was a blast! Most challenging I have done yet.

Haha.. ummm.. I spent the last hour washing and drying the jeep... I'm gay, I know.

I watched all of the footage Melody shot and there is some good stuff! I will put together a video tonight or tomorrow and post up.
    Last edited by REDLYNER; April 15th, 2006 at 07:04 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Mines now covered in small dirt clods again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Hare
    P.S. A bad day wheelin is still better than work.
    You folks suck -

Having fun destroying stuff while I'm stuck at work.
    It is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end. It is the end of the beginning.

Member #
    great run again guys was fun as always. Post lots of pics b/c I forgot my camera. I had to stop in boulder and pull my T-case skid off because it was bent up and and case was just barely hitting and I caould feel it in thr floor. No big deal. But I do need to do a rear bumper after that run. I am sure I will be making a another set of sliders for Ali's here soon too. (not soon enough though :-)) Stopped in Boulder for air and food and made it home @75mph no probs at all. Thats a good day wheeling.
    Glad to see the log held for you Wild Hare. Did you have any further problems after we lashed it on there??
    Carnage Report:
    Bashed rocker (Ali's)
    "polished bumpers" (both)
    bent skid (Mine)
    Ah just weld it

Member #
    It was an awesome day meeting people and wheeling. I did a closer inspection when we got home and received mostly scrapes but the passenger rocker took a dent. I have to grind down a point on my gas tank skid, it appears to be to close to my driveshaft, dug a groove in it.

Within about 2 minutes of hitting a paved road Emma was out like a light. She got a bath as soon as we got home.

Here are the pictures I got

http://community.webshots.com/album/549526861ISJWML
    it sure didn't seem like I took that many pictures until I loaded em up

Matt and Emma
    Last edited by mtjeeper; April 15th, 2006 at 08:49 PM.
    [URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cfsja"]full sized[/URL]

Member #
    Fun run guys! I didnt get a single pic as i forgot my memory card at home...

Ohwells, had alot of fun and amazingly, didnt break a thing!
    [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot [/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Hesperia-CA/Caught-My-Eye-Photography/366899572049?ref=ts"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Caught My Eye Photography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
    [QUOTE=Steve]I was WRONG![/QUOTE]

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro600
    Fun run guys! I didnt get a single pic as i forgot my memory card at home...

Ohwells, had alot of fun and amazingly, didnt break a thing!
    why do you call it a memory card if you forgot it?

Member #
    lol, ok, lack of memory!

You should have seen what was left of that poor dodge, Dean after they finished dragging it ALL the way back down....that thing will never drive straight again!! So what are you gonna do for an axle???

Those crazy europeans came tumbling back down carnage right after you left Jeff....they must have wised up!!

Member #
    Images
    lol, ok, lack of memory!

You should have seen what was left of that poor dodge, Dean after they finished dragging it ALL the way back down....that thing will never drive straight again!! So what are you gonna do for an axle???

Those crazy europeans came tumbling back down carnage right after you left Jeff....they must have wised up!!
    for now i am going to just buy a new right side and start my planning for full width install.
    i just put in the garage and i will tear it apart tomorrow.

Member #
    Images
    lol, ok, lack of memory!

too bad they didn't try the reverse tow truck method. someone with a winch on the front could have picked up the rear and they could have trained all the way down. i'll tell ya, mine made alot of noise going down. rubbed my letters off my sidewall too.

Member #
    Yeah, thats the bad thing about c-clip axles and doin the log method....it mangles your sidewalls!! Have you looked at the end of the shaft yet? Just wondering it it was a clean break or if it grenaded...

How was the wind comin home? I was gettin blown ALL over the place!

Member #
    Images
    Hey guys. My Dad and I had a fun run with you all today too. Entertainment of the day was watching that Blazer get dragged out on the rear brake drum. You see something different every time on that trail. Now I just need to figure out how to re-attach the trim panel

Good to finally put some faces to the names.

Mark
    2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
    520 Hp of badness
    Taking a break from slow...

Member #
    Images
    Finally broke the 35 eh? I figured it was just a matter of time before it happened...

The wind was rediculous comin' back from Moab on I25 this evening as well...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 1grand
    Hey guys. My Dad and I had a fun run with you all today too. Entertainment of the day was watching that Blazer get dragged out on the rear brake drum. You see something different every time on that trail. Now I just need to figure out how to re-attach the trim panel

Good to finally put some faces to the names.

Mark
    Good wheelin with ya too Mark...glad you were able to make it along! That was probably one of the most fun trips ive been on....the rocks on carnage are getting HUGE and there are some really interesting lines starting to develop. We were just out there a few weeks ago and i cant believe how much the trail has changed just since then. We will definetly have to do it again sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by mtjeeper
    It was an awesome day meeting people and wheeling. I did a closer inspection when we got home and received mostly scrapes but the passenger rocker took a dent. I have to grind down a point on my gas tank skid, it appears to be to close to my driveshaft, dug a groove in it.

Within about 2 minutes of hitting a paved road Emma was out like a light. She got a bath as soon as we got home.

Matt and Emma
    Nice pics, I like how your daughter touched the lense after she took like 3 pictures of her feet
    '04 WJ 4.0L @ 6" on Clayton LA's & 35" BFG MT KM2's - [center][url=www.rockfrogs.org][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Rock Frogs![/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.treadlightly.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Tread Lightly[/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.staythetrail.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Stay The Trail[/B][/COLOR][/url][/center]

Member #
    Images
    Dad didn't much care for the sidehill action on Fireman hill..lol. I got my carnage repaired this morning...can't even tell That trail is definately getting more challenging lately. Even the bypasses are getting tough. Makes me wish for 35's.

Member #
    Man, you snapped that thing pretty good huh?!!?

How'd the rest look on the inside???

Member #
    Images
    i think everything else will survive. had to grind the sh!t out of the bearing edge of the carrier to get the end of the axle out. i'm just gonna slap in a stock shaft for now and start shoppin for an explorer 8.8....thanx 4 puttin up the pix

Member #
    lol, i gotta 8.25 ill sell ya for CHEAP!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjeeper

Matt and Emma
    SO how did you break your bumper and how thick of material did you make that with?
    Originally Posted by [B]Sound_Man[/B]
    [I]"can't you see I am working here? I don't go down to the corner and slap d!cks out of your mouth when you are working.":lmao: [/I]

Member #
    here are this pics i took from yesterday.. i had a blast jeff thanks for letting me ride along!..

http://community.webshots.com/user/jamiedesoto

i found a superlift kit for my ifs nissan 3 inches and a 3 inch body lift with some bigger tires! .. also found a place that makes a helical-gear limitedslip for the front end along with some beefed up front cv axles it might just make my truck carnage capable!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jdogg4
    SO how did you break your bumper and how thick of material did you make that with?
    I have no idea where it broke, I just noticed it right before 5 points. It is a bumper from BJs offroad(FSJ's strictly). It doesn't say how thick they are, it always seemed very stout, until now. this is a nickel next to the sidewall. not as thick as I would have cared for. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...1921222tZkPUU#

Now I'm gonna cut the other side to match this one . I think it lookes much better swept back.
    Matt

Member #
    whats the dealio with the video?

Member #
    I started a new thread for the vid...

Member #
    OMG!!!!!!

you used a log to hold your axle together. way to tread lightly. If some greeny gets a hold of that pic all hell will break loose. JK

Im just foolin. That is a great trail fix. Im impressed, looks like fun. Minus all the breaking.
    always on the cutting edge of booty fab

Member #
    Images
    well the log was just laying in the trail. no live trees were hurt in the splinting of the yj