Thread: Moab Video

Member #

Moab Video

Well I finally put the video together for our second day in moab back in the fall. It's about 9mins long, 68mb, and covers Poison Spyder, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim (despite what the opening credits say).

http://www.boulderredneck.com/Images.../day%20two.wmv
    Dog is man's best friend.
    Proof - put your dog and your wife in the trunk for an hour. When you open it who's happy to see you?

Member #
    Cool Vid!

What size tires are on the wrangler?

Member #
    Nice video,

I always enjoy the forum photos and videos, some day soon I'll add my own once the new (old) jeep is running.
    2015 Jeep JK a.k.a. "Stocker with Factory Lockers"

Member #
    Nice vid! My DD is a '01 TRD Tacoma and my wife has a '00 4Runner with an e-locker. We both watched the video and cringed, thinking of our vehicles in that situation.

Was the 4Runner an auto or manual? I curious as to what caused the gears to strip, usually those setups are quite strong. Does he need another set of gears? I have a set of stock gears I just took out of a e-locker 3rd.
    www.RME4x4.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by REDLYNER
    Cool Vid!
    What size tires are on the wrangler?
    thx! The wrangler is running 33x12.50 MTRs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@RME
    Nice vid! My DD is a '01 TRD Tacoma and my wife has a '00 4Runner with an e-locker. We both watched the video and cringed, thinking of our vehicles in that situation.

Was the 4Runner an auto or manual? I curious as to what caused the gears to strip, usually those setups are quite strong. Does he need another set of gears? I have a set of stock gears I just took out of a e-locker 3rd.
    Thx! Yeah, I'm the YJ owner, and I'm continually amazed at what that TRD can do - and he's only on 32x10.50s. His rear bumper was his best investment by far. He had a poorly designed tcase skid that contributed to him punching a hole in his tcase (that'd be day three's videos , but he got new skids from AllPhaseOffroad (longmont?) that are pretty beefy. The 4Runner is an auto and he's running roughly a 33x11.50s (I can't remember the metric equivalent). I wasn't around him when it happened so I don't really know what caused it to go. My guess would be that he'd be interested in having another R&P in the toolbox in case it happens again - I'll give him your contact info.

Hope to have day three - hell's revenge and metal masher up w/in a couple days...

Member #
    great video... nice to see some lightly built rigs in videos instead of buggies on 44s
    -Dave

3" OME lift, RE H&T SYE, H.A.D. Driveshaft, JKS Discos, JKS trackbar [ ]IIIIII[ ]

Member #
    Yeah man, i enjoyed that, kind of exciting watching those rigs dropin into spots and stuff.
    Christian

If it don't kill yah.....it'll make for a great story later :)

Moab trip

Awesome video!!! Got to give you props on that. Too bad about that rear end. Was that an e-locker that blew up? Ouch! I will be out there soon, I can't wait!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 98XJDMB
    great video... nice to see some lightly built rigs in videos instead of buggies on 44s
    Yeah, I have the 'bigger tire' bug, but I'm determined to run all the CO and moab trails that I can on my 33s before going bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dents Alot
    Awesome video!!! Got to give you props on that. Too bad about that rear end. Was that an e-locker that blew up? Ouch! I will be out there soon, I can't wait!!
    Yeah he had an e-locker in it that was engaged when his ring gear went. Fortunately the e-locker wasn't damaged. The ring gear lost three or four teeth. It was still an expensive 'ooops'. The shop heading south out of town on the left (can't remember their names) took care of us well that weekend.

I know his pain. I have been strapped out of Gold Bar rim twice; Once when my tranny busted at the Crack and once when I blew out both driveshafts on the Rusty Nail.
    One ton CJ-7

Looking forward to day three!! I'll be making my rookie apperance in moab in just a few days!!!

J.D.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    Great video, nice to see somewhat of stock rigs wheelin!
    85' K5, 350, SM465, NP208, 14FF, D44, Detroit/ARB, 37" MTR's on H2 wheels, 2 1/2" lift, X over steering:cool:

Member #
    Images
    Nice video!!

Sweet video
    '04 WJ 4.0L @ 6" on Clayton LA's & 35" BFG MT KM2's - [center][url=www.rockfrogs.org][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Rock Frogs![/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.treadlightly.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Tread Lightly[/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.staythetrail.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Stay The Trail[/B][/COLOR][/url][/center]

Member #
    Good job with that vid. I really enjoyed that. I'm driving Spider/Spike/Gold Bar for the first time on June 1. I'm taking my mild LJ (2" BB with 32s) through it. Comforting to see other lightly built rigs having a really good time out there.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberist
    Good job with that vid. I really enjoyed that. I'm driving Spider/Spike/Gold Bar for the first time on June 1. I'm taking my mild LJ (2" BB with 32s) through it. Comforting to see other lightly built rigs having a really good time out there.
    I ran it last year in my Explorer on 31's with very little problems. I did have to get strapped twice (both times to prevent body damage not because I was stuck) and had to stack 1 rock on the Golden Stairs but other than that I had zero problems. I think the best part of running the trail with a smaller rig is the looks you get when you walk an obsticle the more built rigs have problems on!
    1980 Toyota....I scratched the paint!

Member #
    Is there a way to miss the to golden stairs? I remember reading about that obstacle, but don't remember it. Any pics of it?

Excellent video.
    I've been lurking a while, and finally decided to register, just to
    say how much I liked this vid. I agree with the comments above
    about how nice it is to see lightly modded rigs tackling tricky
    challenges on streetable tires.

ian

Member #
    That was sweet!!! We leave for Moab on the 12th..I really can't wait now!
    The Never Ending Commando Project continues...

Member #
    Thanks folks. Days three and four up up now in a new post.

Welcome to the board Daemon!

-chris

Member #
    We came by that spot acouple of days after you and you guys left your broken u-joints and stuff on the trail. We picked it up for you and trashed it when we got into town
    Mopar Doctor
    [COLOR=Orange]JEEP NOW WORK LATER [/COLOR] :cool:
    Custom built by Mopar doctors,Cruzin Illusion customs

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ORANGEXJ
    We came by that spot acouple of days after you and you guys left your broken u-joints and stuff on the trail. We picked it up for you and trashed it when we got into town
    You didn't clean up our mess.

For starters we didn't break any u-joints this trip, so you didn't pick our u-joints or 'stuff' up. The breakage in the rear end was contained in the diff. The tacoma spilled fluid (not u-joints) and we sopped up most of it and then used dirt to cover/blend in the rest. I assure you we leave the trails better than we find them.

Thanks for cleaning up someone elses mess though, just get your facts right before you go pointing fingers.
    Last edited by ccondrey; April 3rd, 2006 at 01:37 PM.

Nice finger pointing. How many thousands of people 4 wheel Moab on these popular trails and you just happen to "pick up" u-joints from this group a "couple of days later".

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcom
    Nice finger pointing. How many thousands of people 4 wheel Moab on these popular trails and you just happen to "pick up" u-joints from this group a "couple of days later".

By the way not many people were up there this weekend. We wheeled alot of trails and seen not one jeep or other vehicle on any of the trails. Yes I did see the diff spill on the rocks and it happened to have a u-joint and mudflap at the top of the hill that looked like it was just pulled off. Sorry if it was not you parts. Volcom since you were not there you should stay out of this finger pointing.

Member #
    Good god talk about crying. Don't forget to pull up your panties and check for that new racing stripe that almost fell out? Lets just leave it with picking up crap along the trail that shouldn't be there with out asking for points and pointing fingers trying to secure those points?? I am sure we have all picked up someone elses crap with out needing a slap on the back for doing that?

Sweet videos! I love almost stockers or stockers running the trails!
    In the Land of the Political Tree Huggers. Old CJ-8 with a old man riding with his Malamutes ghost looking for a old snow drift...

Member #
    Yes I did see the diff spill on the rocks and it happened to have a u-joint and mudflap at the top of the hill that looked like it was just pulled off. Sorry if it was not you parts.
    So now you saw our 'diff spill'?! Come on man, you're just pointing the finger again. Like I said we didn't spill anything on Golden Spike. WE DIDN'T EVEN OPEN THE DIFF - we knew it was fawked up and knew we couldn't fix it so we pulled the rear drive shaft and limped out.

The fluid spill that I was talking about happened at Mother In Law hill on Metal Masher (in the video from 'day three and four'), and like I said I'd be pretty suprised if you found any clue that we were ever there.

So I say again - put your finger away!!