Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moody Jan. 14

Moody Jan. 14

Wow, my first trip with the crew from this site. Oh what fun! I've had my Jeep out on the trails a couple of times, but not as technical as that (OK I know it's not that technical but hey I'm stock). I loved it.

I need to send out a BIG thank you for all the advice, spotting, getting me unstuck, encouragement, and assistance with swaybar and airing up/down tires from you guys. I will bring cookies next time.
    2001 KTM 200 E/XC * 2001 Marauder * 1995 F150 * 1968 Mustang

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FirecrackerKTM
    I need to send out a BIG thank you for all the advice, spotting, getting me unstuck,
    So where did (can) you get stuck on that trail? I heard there was a lot of damage done to vehicles on this run. (inside sorce)
    "THEEEEEEE PURPLE Explorer"
    5.5 Superlift, no slip locker, 35" Big-O XT tires, lots of custom stuff.

Member #
    Let me know which trail you are hitting next because I like cookies. It was a good day and weather was great. not too much carnage. you need to get some lift springs for the next run it will help out so much.
    two drive lines an oil pan and and my front axle disconnect all were ate. She got hung up in he quarry on a BF rock.
    Ah just weld it

Yep, that first ledge in the quarry wasn't happening for poor little She-Ra, and then I got high centered on a rock trying to back down. It was the only thing I didn't make it over though, even if there were plenty of clumsy moments! I can't wait to see pictures!

Member #
    You did great today...couple times i was pretty impressed for a bone stock YJ!! Fun run today though....had a good group and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! Matts in charge of the pics/videos this time...we watched the videos this evening and they turned out great. Have to get some editing done and find a place to host them so we can get em up.

Nice meetin everyone that was a new face!
    [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot [/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Hesperia-CA/Caught-My-Eye-Photography/366899572049?ref=ts"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Caught My Eye Photography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
    [QUOTE=Steve]I was WRONG![/QUOTE]

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorerguy
    I heard there was a lot of damage done to vehicles on this run. (inside sorce)
    All things considered...not really.

Matt twisted the snot out of his rear driveshaft and snapped it in two....the black XJ had some issues with his front disconnects. That was really all we had with our particular group....there were a couple other guys out there that punched a hole in their oil pan.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro600
    All things considered...not really.

there were a couple other guys out there that punched a hole in their oil pan.
    I thought they were also in your group?

Member #
    Images
    Nope. I lost my front drive shaft on the way down! looks like a yoke strap broke and I lost one of the U-joint bearings. Came down in 2wd!

Did you guys get in touch with Ray?

I told you you would be surprised by what your stock YJ would do!
    So this baby seal walks into this club...
    Lunatic #9.
    كافر

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorerguy
    I thought they were also in your group?

Not officially...we didnt see them till we got to the playground at crystal, but then Matt and I headed back to Ft Collins in search of parts.

Member #
    Images
    come on you guys, where's the pix. matt is slackin'... i just got back from the rough country party and we had fun viewing old club videos from 1995.
    waiting for pix

waiting

waiting
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna]Rock Mafia[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL]http://www.trailheaders.net[/URL]

Member #
    Pics are comin....since matts gonna be SWAMPED with all the videos he took, ill help him out and handle his and my pics....give me a min...

Member #
    Images
    Did he find a driveshaft?

Member #

This one just cracks me up.... Speedo anyone???

Ive got fullsized ones if anyone wants these for printing, etc....shoot me a PM or email

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jtw2
    Did he find a driveshaft?

Nope...

Member #
    Images
    good job with the pix jeff. thanx

whats the specs on that 90's toy?
    Ask me why you should not spend money at Crazy Ed'S

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by van7559
    whats the specs on that 90's toy?

Ummm....Leadfoot....

Were there any of me on that rock where the driveline got busted?

Sorry, I'm a sucker for pix since I have so few of my Jeep.

Here is one of my many rock dings I earned:

Member #
    Images
    Were there any of me on that rock where the driveline got busted?

Sorry, I'm a sucker for pix since I have so few of my Jeep.

Here is one of my many rock dings I earned:
    cool

Member #
    Images
    Sorry about the slowness of me. Jeff thanks for getting most of the pictures up. I'll get more as the day goes. It was fun even with the breakage yesterday and I thank you all for cracking jokes about the driveshaft as it made my stress level go down about it. Beeing as it was my first breakage, I was a little freaked out about it at first. The drive home was fine and Tom Woods is getting a call tomarrow so I can order a new one. I get a few pictures of the broken shaft for you to see.

Jtw2 - Sorry to hear about the front shaft. Between you and me he could make a working Heep.

FirecrackerKTM - No I didn't get a picture of you going up the "easier" line beside that ledge sorry. But as you will see in the video, we did get you in the quarry a little. Definatly let me know which trail you are going on, I too like Cookies (no raisins though)

-Matt
    R/C Rock Crawling ( www.rccrawler.com )
    T&T CUSTOMS ( www.tntcustoms.com )
    Cheyenne Trail Crew ( www.cheyennetrailcrew.org )

Eww, no raisins here either. Can do oatmeal with apple or cranberries, or chocolate chip.

I don't know when I'll go between then and now, seeing as how weekends are usually spent snowboarding or dirt biking, but I will DEFINITELY be going wheeling either Feb. 11 or 12. Kris will be here visiting. Can we go there again, or are there other places that are similar and equally close to the Fort Collins/Loveland area?

Member #
    Those were the majority of the pics...there were maybe 10-15 others, but most were almost identical to the ones i posted and/or were blurry, etc. I know there was one or two more people out there with cameras, so we might turn up some more pics somewhere!

Were you just going to cut and paste those videos into one Matt? Do you have any video editing software?

Member #
    Images
    I have the editing software here at the house, so I am going to make a video. I'm working on it now. Gotta find a good song for it too. I hope that Chris post up his pictures. He looked like he had a serious Digital SLR like your Jeff.

FirecrackerKTM - You can go there again... It's your choice. UInless you want to go and do some snowbashing, that is really all that there is that is still open in the area. If we go back there, it will be with the wifes XJ since she really likes that trail and wants to go back.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ_Shunk
    I hope that Chris post up his pictures. He looked like he had a serious Digital SLR like your Jeff.
    Yeah, he had almost the same camera and looked like he was shootin pics all day....hopefully he got some good ones!!

Member #
    Eww, no raisins here either. Can do oatmeal with apple or cranberries, or chocolate chip.

I don't know when I'll go between then and now, seeing as how weekends are usually spent snowboarding or dirt biking, but I will DEFINITELY be going wheeling either Feb. 11 or 12. Kris will be here visiting. Can we go there again, or are there other places that are similar and equally close to the Fort Collins/Loveland area?

Like Matt said, there really isnt much in the way of trails that are open right now, except for Moody/Crystal, unless you want to go snowbashing. Kelly probably wont be open till late spring or so...but that would make a good group trip again! I wanna try the chutes sooooo bad!!

Member #
    I'm working on mine now. I sent Miss Firecracker a few I had of her, she got more attention that the rest of you. Hmmm, I wonder why???

I'll post a link to Imagestation once I have things done.

Member #
    Images
    thats funny, jeep chix always get the attention don't they.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Hare
    thats funny, jeep chix always get the attention don't they.
    Go figure

Member #
    Images
    Looks like the video will be about 10 min long or so

Oooh I can't wait to see the video!

As for attention, it was probably just that promise of cookies. That's what I've found works the best.

As for snowbashing, I doubt my rig would work too well in the snow w/o chains or whatever so let's just go back there on the weekend before V-day. Sat. or Sun. doesn't matter to me, or maybe Kris and I will get a hotel and go BOTH days.

Member #
    Images

More pictures and Carnage

Here are a few more pictures coming up the medows and the carnage of my drive shaft.

Member #
    Here's the link to my photo's:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...il-AlbumInvite

You should be able to download any you want, if not PM me with your request and e-mail and I'll send you any that you want.

Member #
    GREAT pics Chris!!

Could you send me the full sized one of img_2588(the green XJ in the quarry)?
    Jeffro250@gmail.com

*EDIT* Disregard....found the fullsized ones!
    Last edited by Jeffro600; January 15th, 2006 at 10:29 AM.

Member #
    How long till the video is done I wana see. Had a great time guys I would be down for some snow bashing or what ever just let me know when and where.
    Zach

Member #
    Images
    Hey Matt - have you considered using a front cherokee shaft to replace that one? I know first thought would be that a front shaft would be wimpy, but they are actually same size a rear shaft - I run them both front & rear of my CJ, and they've held up great. All you'd have to do is have it shortened, but you can get them for $20 all day long at the junkyard. Not nearly as pricey as Tom Wood's, and unless you're getting his super-uber-beefy-heavy-duty version, they're probably just as strong. Oh - and they're factory CV too.

Just an FYI.

Member #
    The only problem with that is by the time he locates a shaft, pays for it and pays for it to be modified and balanced...for a little bit more money, he could have gotten the Tom Woods which has a warranty and will ultimatly be a better shaft. Id considered that for when i do my SYE on my XJ, but id rather just spend a few more bucks and get something that i know will work right the first time and will be warrantied.

Member #
    Images
    I can't see Tom warranty'ing a twisted shaft. Usually that takes an insane amount of horsepower, or a 'dinged' shaft (think - crushing a pop can). But hey, if a warranty is what you're after - definitely have to go with name brand.

I guess I'm just a cheap bastard - I cut & shorten my own shafts, so I only have myself to blame if something goes 'wrong' with them.

Member #
    Images
    This is the rigth position for the angled shot that Jeff posted

Member #
    lol, i just thought it was a cool pic!

Member #
    Images
    Great pics and a good time. Thanks to the experienced ones (you know who you are) for the spotting and encouragement. It was different being the oldest guy and knowing the least. I am looking forward to going again soon.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkGreen]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]I'm pretty sure I just won Lotto, but I can't remember where I put the F#@king ticket.
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]