Emissions on a Chevy 350

What is the best way to pass emissions?

Member #
    Images
    synthetic oil helps a bunch if its weak on the rings or valve guides,, also not to much fuel, and add a few bottles of rubbing alcohol, the 93% variety, also make sure its up to operating temp. fresh plugs, air filter, make sure the cap rotor and wires are in good shape, also make sure its in time...
    Tired of being tired.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
    --Robert Heinlein

PROUD PARENT OF A UNITED STATES MARINE!!! Sleep Well America, My Marine Has Got Your Back... Proud Parent of a Sailor, in the United States Navy.......

Lunatic? just call me the duece

O.k.
    Thanks,
    Jeep doesn't like emissions. Didn't have any trouble with the engine but is is high on HC PPM. I am hoping that a tuneup will help it trough. I didn't do anything to it I wanted to see what it would do on its own. Here it is:
    HC PPM Idle 997, 2500, 745. Everything else passed. Is it the edelbrock that is failing it or just bad timing and sparks. I plan on getting the collectors plate so I don't have to do this every year, Boy it failed hard.

Member #
    Images
    running rich, adjust your idle air mixture in, and you may have to rejet that carb, also advance your timing a couple of degrees.. at least thats what I would do first,, as well as running it low on gas, and puttin a few bottles of rubbing alky in it