Member #
    Images

Rubicon Express 2.5" Leveling Kit

I purchased this kit and a set of Bilstien shocks from RE and put the lift on last week. All components are very beefy. The reason I went with them, other than a friend who can get a good deal, is the kit comes with everything:

Drop Brackets, longer shackles, U bolt flip kit w/new u bolts, drop pitman arm, drop track bar bracket.

The assembly went fairly quickly as we didnt run into any issues except for one. When putting the longer shackles on the rear of the leafs, the driveline is in the way of getting the bolt in and out. A 6 ft piece of pipe took care of flexing the spring the extra inch we needed to get it done.

Now, the gripes

The kit made the nose of the truck higher by 1". I snagged a set of 4" blocks from Ford to replace the 2.5" blocks that come on the F-250. New U Bolts were required as well in order to get the truck back to looking right. Its now 1/2" higher in the rear like it should be. The shocks they sent for the rear would have been too long if I had not raised the rear, but RE said that I wouldnt have to raise the rear, so- wrong shocks but I ended up needing them anyway.

All in all this was an excellent kit with good products.

The Bilstiens make my truck ride like a dang sports car. Im so happy and impressed with how they make it handle. No more diving into corners, and no more wandering and wobbly steering.

Pics can be seen here

Clint
    Last edited by Clint; November 29th, 2005 at 12:28 AM.

Member #
    Your link to pics is broken...

So how much was it and what size are your tires?

Looking to make mine ride better on washboard and rough roads, while maintaining towing and hauling capacity.
    Thx

Member #
    Images
    guess it is, been a while

Have ot see if I can fix that. I think around 800 or so with new bilstiens all around. Running 35" on it. Ride is the same for the most part is springs dont change, but shocks helped a bit.