Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bragging rights, let's see some numbers

Member #
    Images
    You guys suck. I used to think that 550 or whatever was alot of torque.

Guess it's time to start making the mounts for the turbo. If I can raise and lengthen the torque curve, I will be as happy as a little giiiirl.
    Making progress on the big build.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    OR......

You can see why Cummins > *.*. PSD/DMax owners, eat it.

Link
    System Error:
    Please try again later

linky not worky

Member #
    Meh, works for me.

Cool video, but we're not comparing apples to apples there. Those are both heavily modified trucks. I love the stacks!!

J.D.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    video worked. i think the site was down for a moment. that's pretty damn fast.

Member #
    Images
    who wants to have a pulling contest,,, I win.... hehehe

mines on the right....
    Tired of being tired.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
    --Robert Heinlein

PROUD PARENT OF A UNITED STATES MARINE!!! Sleep Well America, My Marine Has Got Your Back... Proud Parent of a Sailor, in the United States Navy.......

Lunatic? just call me the duece

Member #
    here is where all you dodge people lose. the numbers that count

01 f450 stock. GCWR 26,000lbs..............

What does your sticker say?
    SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
    SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE TO.
    SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdrhound

Only because Dodge doesn't make a 4500 in the US (I wish I knew why). You do realize though that the F650 and F750 have both the Powerstroke AND Cummins available as motors? When I looked at the sticker for my Dodge I saw exactly what I was looking for... "Cummins". Had the F250's I was looking at offered a Cummins who knows, I may have been a Ford owner instead. I wouldn't say that GCWR is the number that counts... doesn't matter to me how much you can haul if you're in the right lane with your flashers on crawling up the passes Get the right tool for the job, in my case a 3/4 ton fit the bill perfectly.

But this thread isn't about brand wars, I really don't care if it's a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, whatever. I just wanna see some dyno numbers That said, all who posted to this without a supporting dyno sheet haven't really posted to this

Btw, I hope to be visiting a dyno again soon to measure up my new injectors
    Last edited by Eric; July 13th, 2005 at 11:18 PM.

Member #
    wasn't about brand wars. you wanted to show off numbers i used the ones that count. Also if you ordered an f-650 or 750 you would probably chose the CAT option over the cummins and PSD. But they are not in the same league price wise, and not available in 4x4.

Not the sharped tool in the shed Jason Starnes's Avatar
    Member #
    wasn't about brand wars. you wanted to show off numbers i used the ones that count. Also if you ordered an f-650 or 750 you would probably chose the CAT option over the cummins and PSD. But they are not in the same league price wise, and not available in 4x4.

you wouldnt choose the Cat if you had driven one

FWIW a friend of mine has a 01 F650 wit a kitty under the hood, its not impressive not at all

it does have a High GCWR (higher than my dodge) but it still crawls up steep inclines

also FWIW if I could choose an engine for a F650-750 it would me a P pump equiped C8.3

Member #
    Images
    No kitty cats for me,, That monster I drive is pure N-14 powered,, our Cat powered wreckers dont hold a candle to the N-14s, or the ISX in our biggest truck,,,

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    You do realize though that the F650 and F750 have both the Powerstroke AND Cummins available as motors?
    Of course that Cummins is the C-Series, not the B like in the Dodge. It's still a Cummins though.

Cat was great until the 3126 became overly computer controlled. You could really turn up the juice on the old 3106.

Member #
    Images

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by CSP
    Of course that Cummins is the C-Series, not the B like in the Dodge. It's still a Cummins though.
    Negative, the F650 and F750 offer the same 5.9L ISB Cummins as in the Dodge.

Member #
    Images
    Hmm, that's interesting. The '99 F650 that my neighbor owns has the C8.3-300. It's a helluva lot bigger than the ISB. Wonder when they made the switch?

O.K. I know these are stock trucks and this is a couple years olds, but I will keep my PSD .
    Diesel Shootout

Member #
    Sheesh I though this was just for numbers,

No real dyno run yet, just what the emmisions machine says

285hp to the rear wheels

01 Dodge 2500

I like it cause I can pull any load and not have to watch the gauges. the temp maxes at 1300 pe turbo

I think I have a injector going south stumble at idle and makes an ocasional clunk instead of clack.

time to upgrade

edit: machine didn't give torque#
    91 Toyota 4runner, 3.4 swap, supercharged, Ghetto lift till I can afford total chaos

Member #
    Here some #'s off a D-Max that belongs to a guy I know. 756 hp/1390 torque Mine is headed there as soon as I get a clutch that will hold that much power.

Banned
    Member #

Talking dmax

1390 tq ? come on only a cummins is capable of that number he might have made that # once but the pop can heads will not hold that kind of power for any amount of time im a ford man but i drive a dodge I have a dyno in castle rock but everyone always bitches that there truck should have 600 hp and 1200 lb ft but without Serious internal engine mods these numbers are not impossible but hard to get

Member #
    Those #'s came off the dyno at Bandimere I believe.What are you going to do to the inside of a D-Max anyway? They don't need anything except maybe headstuds. I rode in the truck the other night and it's very real.It is running N20 and propane if that makes a difference to you CTD boys .11.9 sec quarter @ 118mph.It's an 02' CC SB 4x4 on 33"s.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CSP
    Hmm, that's interesting. The '99 F650 that my neighbor owns has the C8.3-300. It's a helluva lot bigger than the ISB. Wonder when they made the switch?
    Man there was an 8.3 floating around a while ago while I was deep into my Cat swap and I was SO so so so so tempted, but too far already with the Cat motor. Those mills are So SWEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Member #
    Images
    hp = 327.78
    tq = 685.48

I'll upload the graph later. It's not where I want it to be, but not a bad start. I'll try it again in a couple weeks.

Member #
    296 hp
    494 ft-lb

Box-stock stickshift Duramax 2WD.
    Thanks to: United Four Wheel Drive Associations and Stay the Trail Colorado, for their support of all of us and the sport in general.

Member #
    Images
    hp = 364
    tq = 731
    The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration...

Member #
    Images
    hp = 410
    tq = 856

Needs a new clutch to run at that power level though

Resident Gorilla
    Member #
    Images
    hp = 495
    tq = 1006

Don't think my clutch will take much more of that but, luckily my truck will be moth balled for the next 3 months
    "If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Images
    hey bastages! Long time no see!
    lets see . . . 2000 CTD; I need to get on a dyno since I've done the Edge EZ, FIPK, elbow, turbo-back, etc. (stage 1 mods). but here's some numbers:

8' width
    9' length

Oh, that's the bed size without wheel wells to hinder use. I believe they call such things trucks these days. . . What are you Wilmas driving?

Just messin with ya
    fabricatious strategery

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geesh
    I believe they call such things trucks these days. . . What are you Wilmas driving?
    I'm drivin' the Z, diesel costs too much up here It's over $3.20 per gallon here, what is it in ABQ?

Member #
    Images
    $3.08 last night, it was $3.97 last frickin week. Glad I had enough fumes to make it through. I am getting more than 20mpg on the highway since the mods

I heard $2.50 for unleaded real soon, but we'll see. I am outta touch with diesel prices since I've been driving my commuter car. I hope they go down before I go to baja!

J.D.

Member #
    Dyno days are a joke, a days notice and you can build one to win, with little effort, put them to work and see who comes out on top of loveland first. I have a friend that work with keith at Diesel Dynamics had a 01 or 02 with Diesel dynamics inj and the Edge Box, and a guy came into town with a hot or he thought it was, duramax put $500 down out west of vegas and got a bad spankin, he even had injectors and box too still no contest. You can add lots of Hp to a cummins for a fraction of the cost that it would take for a dmax or ps plus have a longer lasting engine. I seen last week in auto week that Ford is having problems beyond control, sued 58 times loging 12,000 customer complaints 77+ tech bulletins and over $500 million in warrenty claims the first 9 months of 05. This is on just the 03 and 04's wait till the 05 powerstrokes start coming back, ford even admitted to this that these are not just minor fixes and its affecting their bottom line. GM had 8 service bulletins and Dodge with Cummins 0. Keith won their dyno day and they did not even dyno the ace in the hole that they had in the back of the shop. Lawrence had a
    Dodge that had I beleive 800 hp and the torque was off the map, so its possible to deliver a spankin. 3 ways to build a truck, race, dyno and pulling.
    I have a 97 dodge with a cummins, I did back out some of the power, but last time checked 475 hp 900+ torque 2spd splitter over drive, 4 " exhaust, Pac brakes exhaust brake, mag tec diff cover, AFE cold air box, 4:10 Jammer series turbo, or HX 40 Diesel dynamic stage 3 injectors, Pump bilt by Cary, 18 to 20 mi per gal pulling 15 to 16, 200,000 mi. Bitchin sound system, by the way never take a tranny to US transmission in Denver, off of broadway hack jobs gallore. Much more power is wasted .

Member #

compare apples to apples, if I'm towing that much this is where ford looses, just go buy a dam Kenworth or used Pete thats 3 years old for $26,000 that has a cummins in it, to your 550 for $55,000 hmmm don't need to think about that very long. even if its gvw's that high it still has a power chicken in it.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK DANIELS
    blah blah blah...

97 dodge with a cummins, 475 hp 900+ torque
    Bam! That's all we needed. Thank you!

Diesel=Detachable Penis

Lets all get back on track and off crack. What matters is what you do when your done towing, Not how fast you get there.

Resident Gorilla
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippedOut
    Diesel=Detachable Penis

Lets all get back on track and off crack. What matters is what you do when your done towing, Not how fast you get there.
    What, are your buddies picking on you that you pull to slow?

Well, when you pull 1000 miles or more at a shot, with 16,000 lbs of trailer, speed counts because I don't have all week to get there. I have a real job to work when I'm not headed to or from a competition so, we like to travel with time and safety in mind. I guess I'll keep my detachable penis, as you call it, and enjoy the fuel economy and power I've got.

If you have a job to do more power is better , but if you dont tow massive weight than this is just flexin competition.
    ps
    I tow with a F-250HD gasser , solid 60's front and rear,7.5L 460, 350 hp/550 lb/ft w/chip and exhaust. Only because I am not caught up in hype. I am not saying diesel isn't better for towing. Just trying to say I am not trying to win the tow comp, but we'll see on the trail. My buggy has more horse and torque than most of the diesel numbers listed throughout this thread.

ps, when me and my diesel buddies are towing, and we stop to eat. They wont let me eat at the same table,and let me tell you it breaks my heart!!!!ha ha ahaha
    Last edited by FlippedOut; December 25th, 2005 at 11:15 AM.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippedOut
    If you have a job to do more power is better , but if you dont tow massive weight than this is just flexin competition.
    This entire forum caters to people who try to get more out of their vehicles. Is it really surprising that we'd want to do it with our tow rigs, too?

I tow with a F-250HD gasser , solid 60's front and rear,7.5L 460, 350 hp/550 lb/ft w/chip and exhaust. Only because I am not caught up in hype. I am not saying diesel isn't better for towing. Just trying to say I am not trying to win the tow comp, but we'll see on the trail. My buggy has more horse and torque than most of the diesel numbers listed throughout this thread.
    Wait, yer not caught up in the hype, but you've put a chip and exhaust on your gasser (which is about the same as what most folks in this thread have done to their diesels)? The diesels just happen to get insane power for very little effort, so it's fun to see what everyone is getting.

ps, when me and my diesel buddies are towing, and we stop to eat. They wont let me eat at the same table,and let me tell you it breaks my heart!!!!ha ha ahaha
    Sounds to me like you're displacing hurt feelings. You don't hate diesels, you just need new friends.

lack of air means wasted fuel, NOT cool IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc
    My best to date is: 334/727
    My truck:
    2002 F-350 PSD 7.3L 6spd
    Tymar Intake, 4" SS aeroturbine exhaust, Wicked Wheel, Custom Tuner, Gauges & on-demand black smoke .

Update 1.11.05: I figured a way to post my chart. Dyno

My black smoke is to sink my right foot! Black smoke is actually a lack of air, but it's still cool!
    all ive read says, black smoke is just unused fuel your pouring out the tailpipe. not to mention it pisses everyone around you off..

not trying to be snotty, just would like to see the power gains and keep the smoke to a minimum

mikey
    84 ext cab project: complete frame off: 4.3 is done, ready to accessorize; 700R4 and dual cases mocked in. ORS's coilover susp in front. Rear-TBD. finally sitting on its own front axle (longs, ARB, 5:29s). 39.5 Iroks on Stazworks double beadlocks. Beginning rear links. Open to suggestions as I go.

Mikey, you are right. Black smoke is cause from too much fuel and not enough air. In this altitude, it's not easy to keep smoke to a minimum. I have never seen a diesel truck with lots of power burn clean. It's just the tradeoff you get for more power. If you don't want the smoke, you'll have to run an economy tune.

J.D.

Member #
    If you don't like smoke stay away from me .My D-Max really rolls the coal .Great for ricers. Anyway I will have some #'s this weekend from the Greeley dyno. I'm shooting for at least 425rwhp+/900rwfp+.
    01 D-Max/6spd,33"Cooper STT's,EFI Live,SBC triple disc,not stock.
    04 D-Max/Allison,3500 dually,EFI Live,leveled on 19.5"s
    06 K4500 D-Max/Allison EFI Crew Cab Monroe 4x4 loaded!
    86 M1008 6.2/th400/208 on 35"s

on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by 1967k10
    If you don't like smoke stay away from me .My D-Max really rolls the coal .Great for ricers. Anyway I will have some #'s this weekend from the Greeley dyno. I'm shooting for at least 425rwhp+/900rwfp+.
    425 rear wheel DOES sound tempting....