Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Images

Talking Bragging rights, let's see some numbers

After reading the thread about tuners I thought it'd be interesting/fun to share some real-world numbers. If you've had your rig on the dyno then post up the chart and share your mods!

I'll start:
    2002 Dodge 2500, HO Cummins, 6 spd
    Mods = K&N filter, Diesel Dynamics TTPM
    Results = 300/750

Member #
    Images
    Don't know if there's a dyno over here or not, have to look. It would be interesting to compare your numbers to mine.

My best to date is: 334/727
    My truck:
    2002 F-350 PSD 7.3L 6spd
    Tymar Intake, 4" SS aeroturbine exhaust, Wicked Wheel, Custom Tuner, Gauges & on-demand black smoke .

Update 1.11.05: I figured a way to post my chart. Dyno

My black smoke is to sink my right foot! Black smoke is actually a lack of air, but it's still cool!
    Last edited by 74BuckinBronc; January 11th, 2005 at 01:19 PM.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Resident Gorilla
    Member #
    Images
    We really need to get mine on the dyno when I get home. I'm thinking with and without the Juice
    "If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp
    We really need to get mine on the dyno when I get home. I'm thinking with and without the Juice
    Better yet, with and without the EZ, and THEN with and without the Juice.

Steve, bring it awn!!

Bronc, nice numbers No chart?

I'm not sure about my numbers but I'm running:

1999 F250 PSD 7.3L
    Intercooler
    Diablo chip
    K&N filtercharger
    dynomax exhaust

she's big and quick

I'd like to know more about that black smoke on demand thing though... I know dmeis has it and I think it's pretty funny.
    Last edited by Lil_Mule; January 11th, 2005 at 12:45 PM.
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sierranaked.jpg

http://www.dynopro.com/mhhr_diesel-trucks.asp

Diesel trucks that have been dyno'ed, rear-wheel torque. Check out some of those numbers! Trucks tested right here in Colorado!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChev
    http://www.dynopro.com/mhhr_diesel-trucks.asp

Diesel trucks that have been dyno'ed, rear-wheel torque. Check out some of those numbers! Trucks tested right here in Colorado!
    #9 on the list of top diesel trucks is a Dodge SRT-4? How the hell did he fit a diesel in there?

Member #
    HILARIOUS that the top trucks are all Dodge CTD's. I would insert some slam here but i think the website does it for me

I'm putting out ~710lbft/350hp. Suprizing me you're getting those numbers Eric- i don't doubt you but i'm actually wondering if mine should be dynoing higher!!!

'99 CTD, EZ Edge, Full gamut of Gauges, 4" free flow stainless exhause from the DP back, no muffler (resonators, boo yeah!), K&N FIPK. Soon to have a mildly upgraded turbo i hope as well as 300hp injectors. Only thing left after that is a second overfuel box and Propane
    Last edited by Mack; May 16th, 2006 at 12:22 AM.
    Stay The Trail!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack aka Tenmile
    HILARIOUS that the top trucks are all Dodge CTD's. I would insert some slam here but i think the website does it for me :-D ;-)
    maybe on here that happens to be true, but the numbers I've seen elsewhere for dmaxes are unbelievable. They're putting out sick torque and hp with very little work and they can back 'em up with phenomenal ETs and great towing performance. If I didn't dislike the truck so much, I'd highly consider one.

As it is, the only way you'd get me out of my PSD is with a newer PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresso
    maybe on here that happens to be true, but the numbers I've seen elsewhere for dmaxes are unbelievable. They're putting out sick torque and hp with very little work and they can back 'em up with phenomenal ETs and great towing performance. If I didn't dislike the truck so much, I'd highly consider one.

As it is, the only way you'd get me out of my PSD is with a newer PSD.
    I have also seen some PSD with outrageous hp/torque figures as well. It just seems that these are the only diesels that have been tested there. Hence the SRT-4 on there. I think I may go have my truck tested just to knock it off the list!!

Member #
    ...I'm putting out ~710lbft/350hp. Suprizing me you're getting those numbers Eric- i don't doubt you but i'm actually wondering if mine should be dynoing higher!!!

'99 CTD, EZ Edge, Full gamut of Gauges, 4" free flow stainless exhause from the DP back, no muffler (resonators, boo yeah!), K&N FIPK. Soon to have a mildly upgraded turbo i hope as well as 300hp injectors. Only thing left after that is a second overfuel box and Propane :-D
    Why do Eric's numbers surprise you? If anything, I'd be asking you for a slip that proves what you claim. EZ Edge, nice but no 350hp. Gauges and lack of noise control aren't worth 100hp.

By the way, my addition to this list is that I don't have official numbers yet. I have a dyno source just up the street I should take advantage of.

Specs: '02 Dmax, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, Green intake, MBRP 4" exhaust. Edge would claim 400+hp, my guess would be around 325-350 (at wheels) or so.
    '04 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    '99 Supercharged TJ -Sold
    '02 Chevy Duramax - Sold

I have seen some Dmaxes put down some impressive numbers too. In fact a dmax won the top HP & Torque at a Dyno Day where my numbers came from. He ran a 779/1200 I know we have a member in our PSD club who's putting 520HP down.

Dodges can lay down some great numbers too, but they are easier to find the power IMO. And I think Dodge is the most reliable diesel in the light truck market these days.

Member #
    This board is just full of friendly/not-so friendly debauchery towards PSD's/DMax's/CTD's. We just need to have a pull off, plain and simple. Best of 3 pulls up Vail Pass towing, say, 8k.

BG-
    I'd say you're higher then you think you are. I don't know how well the Dmax can be modded up compared to the CTD, but i do know the CTD swallows up mods like a champ. Exhaust alone on some of these are good for up to 75-100lbft, as the stock exhaust is extremely restrictive. At the end of the day, i couldn't really give 2 shits about Horsepower ratings. Torque is what impresses me, HP's just a easy math problem afterwards.

Member #
    Mack-
    Sorry about the Jab. The fact that you know hp is a calculation tells me I was wrong about you. I am sorry. You've probably seen the guys on diesel forums that add up all the "aftermarket hp improvements" they have bought and think that is their increase(i.e.- exhaust +100ft/lbs, intake +50ft/lbs, module +250ft/lbs, stacked programmer +250ft/lbs - Translates to, "Dude, my Stroke has like 1200ft/lbs".)
    Anyway I appologize.

I second your suggestion for a pull-off or dyno comp day though. That could be like a specialized MnG. We have a shop down here in the Springs called Exhaust Readers. I believe they have at least 2 dyno's that can hold a truck. We could see if a bunch of us could rent the shop out for a day.

Resident Gorilla
    Member #
    Images
    I can't wait. I am in the process of getting my new Edge Juice with Attitude ordered. Keith at Diesel Dynamics recently dyno'd a bone stock Cummins 600 with it. They put down 410hp/786tq. I don't know how the truck was outfitted stock but, it was a 6-speed, just like mine

Maybe now I will be able to keep Scott from blowing by me in his bone stock '03 Dmax on Vail Pass
    Last edited by Camp; January 12th, 2005 at 11:42 AM.

Member #
    Images
    We just need to have a pull off, plain and simple. Best of 3 pulls up Vail Pass towing, say, 8k.
    I haven't had my CTD on a dyno yet, but last time I pulled the trailer with an XJ on it up Vail Pass (westbound) I pulled it at 80 mph in OD with the cruise control on.

Member #
    BG-
    No sweat man, at least you're willing to say "hey, i stepped out of line". More then can be said by a lot of people on a lot of boards :rolleyes. I DO know those people you're talking about, and all i can do is shake my head and tell them they're idiots.
    As for your truck- throw it on a dyno. Like I said, i'd be willing to bet you're pushing more power then you think you are, from what i've heard the new dmaxes can be turned up fairly easy as well. And if i've said it once, i'll say it again- Torque impresses me (so post those numbers first!). I don't care if you're pushing 500hp in a rock crawling buggy if at redline and you're only getting 150lbft. And i'm definately in for a Dyno day- gotta finish doing all my mods first though!!! My turbo's going out, so i think when i replace it an upgrade is in order. Minus well get new injectors while i'm at it. Come to think of it a fuel delivery upgrade couldn't hurt, as well as a overfuel box..... /pipedreams/ :-D

Camp-
    That Edge Juice is a SWEET box. My buddy has one on his PSD and it is a HEAVY improvement over stock, you really do notice it. I will say these two things though- a.) i was still able to out tow him with my CTD, and b.) While he drives a PSD (7.3L), his dad has a Kodiak with a Duramax in it, his work truck (Tow Truck driver, 25' flat bed) has a ISB Cummins in it. Over a recent conversation i was having with him and another friend with a CTD i mentioned how in CO (he lives in CA) everyone has truck like mine (ours) whereas they're fairly rare in CA. Because of the larger number of trucks, the PSD/CTD/Dmax arguement is much more "heated". The friend with the PSD turns to me and says- "Cummins vs. Powerstroke arguement? There IS no arguement- the CTD". I just about died laughing. Anyway the point to that story was- Camp, get the chip and do a full free exhaust on it, you'll see numbers you probally didn't expect.

Steve-
    Vail pass/Eisenhower & all the rest are a funny joke. The more i think about it, the best of 3 pulls up Vail pass towing 20k would much more be in order. If you want to talk about perf- ask the guy on the board who was following me up a pass in utah at 110mph while towing 7k. :-) Stupid, yes. Idiotic, yes. (Hats off to all of those who recognize the FG refrence).

Side note-
    What mileage do all of you have on your trucks?

Member #
    Images
    Steve-
    Vail pass/Eisenhower & all the rest are a funny joke. The more i think about it, the best of 3 pulls up Vail pass towing 20k would much more be in order. If you want to talk about perf- ask the guy on the board who was following me up a pass in utah at 110mph while towing 7k. :-) Stupid, yes. Idiotic, yes. (Hats off to all of those who recognize the FG refrence).
    Very true. I know I can tow my trailer with the EB on it more than fast enought to get in serious trouble if I get stupid. All that torque helps pull hills great, but it doesn't do much to make it around curves or stop it in an emergency situation.

Side note-
    What mileage do all of you have on your trucks?
    130k on my 2000 Dodge CTD.

Member #
    Images
    My truck is an early 99 F250. It has a smaller turbo, injectors and oil pump than the later 7.3 PSDs. It does have forged rods though. (95K, DI Fuel system, H/X mod, Trex fuel pump, Banks 4 inch exhasut, AFE intake, switched 10K, BTS Chip, BTS Auto)

My first dyno sheet shows 245hp/505tq. Adding a superchip and modifed 10k gave me 272hp/589tq. I've since went to a 4 pos chip and a couple sets of programs. One program should have been labeled smoke screen as LilMule pointed out. hehe

I just got back from BTS in Arkansas. My truck sure ran good with the extra air down there. They reflashed my chip. It probably puts out ~300hp/600tq now. I'm in desperate need for a larger turbo, updated HPOP (the SES light keeps coming on) and improved programmiing. I should be able to hang with Eric then...

BTW, the Edge Easy for the PSD is not the same as the kind for the CTD.
    Last edited by dmeis; January 12th, 2005 at 04:45 PM.
    The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration...

Member #
    Images
    Eh, we're all so modified, all this shows is who is willing to spend more money on their tow rig. No harm in having bragging rights for that honor, but I wouldn't equate it to CTD or PSD or Dmax superiority.

If ya wanna have a brand war, we'd need 3 similarly-equipped bone stock trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresso
    If ya wanna have a brand war, we'd need 3 similarly-equipped bone stock trucks.
    Even then, there's still some variables left to chance. For instance, my old DMax rated at 300 HP and 525 ft-lbs could not pull my approx. 13K trailer up Eisenhauer Pass as fast as my 325 HP 600 ft-lbs Cummins does. However, the DMax could pull the same trailer up Crow Hill (on 285 just east of Bailey) faster than the Cummins does. Only difference is the grade of the hill and the gearing (axles and tranny) in the trucks. With a heavier load, the Cummins would probably be faster than the DMax up Crow Hill. With a light load (like 1 Jeep), either truck would pull passes as fast as traffic and curves would allow.

As far as the big 3 go right now, depending on the exact load and grade, I think any one of them could be the fastest truck for that particular test.
    TJx2

I am a dealer for edge and superchip products so if you all want something, let me know. i did the edge drag comp 5 stage on my buddys two wheel drive 1998 cummins. he also did the afe stage 2 intake, 4" straight pipe, 400 horse injectors, and an hx-40( i think thats what they call it)upgrade turbo. 480 hp and 920 ftlbs. he smoked his automatic within 3 months. he sold his upgraded turbo to back it down and put a new stock one on as well as injectors. he relized it was more than he needed. he sold them for what he had in them. he is at like 350 horse and 740 ftlbs now. plenty if you ask me
    85 ford bronco 351 windsor w/ ford efi. 10" lift, 36" tires. dana 44 solid front w/ 4.10s and detroit 10.25" rear w/ 4.10s and a detroit. custom rock sliders, custom roof rack onboard air and ramsey pro 9000<br />Tow Rig - 1994 ford powerstroke 5spd

here are my #'s
    2004 F-350 6.0L Powerstroke 6-speed
    HP 332.6
    torque 863.2

I did this dyno run about a year ago at the time I had a 3 stage edge, Ats propane, Afe intake, 4" turbo back exhaust. We could not keep the truck from burning out across the dyno wheels the guy who did the test said these #'s were low and to put some weigt in the back and come back but i have not had time. But I plan to do another run soon I have added the attitude monitor to my chip and that gave me two more power levels.
    Last edited by KINSPINZ; January 12th, 2005 at 06:59 PM.

well i dunno I know u want cold hard proof like a dyno sheet and i have those but none scanned. these are rear wheel numbers 468HP and 780TQ on straight diesel last year at the colorado powerstroke clubs first birthday 11-10-03 to be exact not bad for a DURAMAX at a powerstroke meet. most recent numbers to date 536HP 991TQ running quadzilla stealth tuner 70hp 90hp 135hp and 200hp with those programs in the tuner. stacking a Van Aaken Smart Box E 110HP and 220+HP box, Bassani 4in exhaust and afe stage 2 intake, and a stock transmission that isnt long for this world but thats only for dynoing everyday power running the programmer on 135HP setting yeilds about 380HP to the wheels truck dyno's stock at 246HP to the rear tires these are very realistic numbers stacking a tuner on top of a box with these duramax's. One Member of dieselplace.com super diesel from here in colorado is 780HP at the tires and 1300 on torque in a dualie but throw some Nitrous and a meth water injection and watch the HP go through the roof. Propane is fun and cheap but can have some problems like liquid propane being sucked in like water being sucked into an engine especially one with 17.1+ compression has a tendency to shrink a rod or break it.

On Edit: Reading what Mack aka Tenmile said and my thoughts on it. I know torque is impressive but if you have Horsepower in a diesel Torque is gonna be there no matter what. You almost can bet... take your Horsepower numbers and double it is what your torque is gonna be now the cummins with always out torque the V-8 trucks due to the long rod and the fact the V-8 diesels turn alot more RPM and th rods arent as long or as heavy. Of course this summer here in Fort Collins at the PFI Dyno days there was a 12 Valve cummins turning almost 5000RPM on the rollers knocked out 580RWHP torque was 1200 plus since the dyno was maxed at 1200HP and 1200FTLB and ATS Diesel in Denver on February 12th is having a "PUT UP OR SHUT UP" dyno meet at their place in WheatRidge check their website for more details.

Greg
    Last edited by Smokin Deezul; January 12th, 2005 at 08:25 PM.
    Wanted 1 winning powerball ticket.

Member #
    in the Kenworth tandem I used to drive 501 hp at 1800 rpm in 10th gear this is in a truck that weighed 11 tons empty
    Last edited by Metalhed; January 14th, 2005 at 09:04 AM.
    Metalhed
    Rock on Dude

Just thought I would share this for fun.

These are the dyno numbers from a friends Audi Station Wagon!

462HP 479TQ(at the wheels)

I want to see some better numbers from your trucks
    Last edited by Xtremjeepn-Cole Ford; January 13th, 2005 at 05:13 PM.
    CaveVan.com

any modern diesel is capable of puting out awsome numbers, who is biggest and baddest i don't know

i do know that i got passed on floyd hill by a 350 psd pulling a 24 ft enclosed trailer that was obviously loaded,, maybe like 8k pound with the load

that dude was making an easy 105 mph i was doing maybe 90-95 mph and he went by me like i was standing still

btw i couldn't catch him as my 250 governs out at 97 mph

Member #
    Images
    Here are my latest numbers: I had tuned the tranny shifts points for performance so they had to start the run at a higher RPM. Next time I will make a "Dyno" program so 3 and 4th gear never down shift.

Member #
    Images
    Am I reading that right? Just under 750 ft-lbs and right around 350hp? Wow, those are awesome numbers!! Tell 'em to swap which sides the hp/torque are on next time so they're closer to the peaks.

Member #
    Images
    Which line is HP and which is torque Dave? I'm guessing Doug is reading it right.

Are the three runs with your programmer in different positions?

Member #
    Images
    Doug has it right.

First and second were in the 140 position. The third run in red was the 120 setting. It's interesting to see the consistent 140 runs and then the diff with the 120. The early part of the curves are questionable to some degree as they were started at different coast power levels. This is where taking out the downshifts would allow an equal plane for the starts. Part of the diff has to do with the speed and converter flash when each run was started.

It seems that 350 is about the max that one gets with stock injectors...

Member #
    Guessing nobody up there swiped somebody else's chart for what a stock stickshift Dmax could do?
    I'm curious about what mine will do, but had too much else going on yesterday to go play on the dyno.

And I'm with whoever it was way back in January... dyno charts are cool and all, but actually pulling the passes is a better (although probably illegal, particularly with the HP numbers I'm seeing) test.
    Thanks to: United Four Wheel Drive Associations and Stay the Trail Colorado, for their support of all of us and the sport in general.

Member #
    Images
    Let's rope off one lane of a steep highway some day. I'm thinking 285 on the way to Slaughterhouse. Have one ~10,000lb trailer for everyone, start at the bottom at, say, 20mph rolling start and go for about a mile. Yeehaw!

yea yea, it'll never fly. oh well.

Member #
    I bring my buddys semi, with a 625 twin turbo cat engine.

Thumbs up

Just tested last Saturday...

362 horse and 720 torque w/Edge EZ on Level 4

Still running Stock Airbox and 3" Exhaust...would like to test with a cold air intake i.e. Airaid and 4" exhaust later this year.
    Randy
    Spokane, Washington

1989 Jeep XJ 317K 37" MT/Rs ARBs D44/Superior/AlloyUSA ChroMo Owned since 1995
    [URL="http://www.harrisdiesel.com"]http://www.harrisdiesel.com[/URL]
    2003 Dodge Ram 2500 H.O. Cummins
    Dyno'd @ 362hp/720trq rear-wheel
    [URL="http://www.dieselization.com"]http://www.dieselization.com[/URL]

Member #
    Thought you might like to check this out some interesting website for Diesel.

http://www.coloradopowerstrokeclub.com/html/index.php

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/

http://www.gamracingengines.com/diesels.htm

Since the gas price is high. I have heard diesel are impress with MPG than big block gas engine like my 04 Suburban 2500 8.1 liter 4.10 gears run 8 MPG with tow, 12 mpg without. I would love to own Duramax dually someday.
    Hey everyone, What your MPG?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockcrawler3
    Hey everyone, What your MPG?
    There's a thread about that, somewhat.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=32630

Did you guys read the first issue of Diesel POwer? Duramax was at the bottom of the barrel in everything including 1/4 mile runs empty and towing. Dodge won the 1/4 empty but lost by a few tenths to the PSD in the towing. Duramax wasa few seconds behind the Cumings. I am looking for my mag so I can post the actual numbers....

Member #
    OR......

You can see why Cummins > *.*. PSD/DMax owners, eat it.

Link