Thread: Shortest trip ever??

Shortest trip ever??

On April 12th, a record breaking blizzard hit our neck of the woods in ND. Over the course of the next 3 days, we got 3ft of snow coupled with a lovely 50mph breeze. This is the result:

Chipping away:

And here's the trip...literally 20ft off my driveway before I buried it into a 4ft drift. I had to dig out three times to get here. Then realized this was a non-starter, so after I dug out a 4th time, backed right back into my driveway with a goal to get the wind to blow "around" my driveway.

Success in moving the TDI perpendicular to the driveway. Take that wind!!:

After some plowing and the start of the next 12" of snow:

We got another 6-8" of crazy wet heavy stuff this past Sunday after it had rained all day Saturday. I hope that is the last of the white stuff this season!! Killed my snow-blower transmission for a second time this year.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    You need a bigger snow blower.

Seriously.

Glad you survived the adventure!
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Agreed! Hoping the part is under warranty. If so, this unit goes up for sale and then...

LOL!! Well, maybe not that. We are moving to WA state this summer so I hope I'm done with -20's and -30's!

Member #
    McCord? Nice area. Inlaws were in Pullyallup for a long time before moving to Port Orchard.

...and it does snow out there!

Spokane. Looking forward to mtns once again!

Member #
    I can give you some contacts in Spokane for wheeling. Spokane 4 Wheelers iss the club I used to belong to. PNW4WDA is the multi state organization
    https://www.pnw4wda.org/ . Jeff Williams at Suncrest auto parts is go to guy.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I can give you some contacts in Spokane for wheeling. Spokane 4 Wheelers iss the club I used to belong to. PNW4WDA is the multi state organization
    https://www.pnw4wda.org/ . Jeff Williams at Suncrest auto parts is go to guy.
    Yes please! We may only be there a year and I am hoping to fit in several 4x4 trips along with camping!