Thread: Nail magnet?

Member #
    Images

Nail magnet?

I had to go save my wife again and change a tire on the ice. Her car is well recognized at Discount Tire, yeah I bought those certs and has that been one hell of an investment. She gets a flat fixed about once a month. My son and I are mystified as we drive the same routes/distances and neither of us have ended up with a nail in years.

Anybody have a nail magnet in the family?
    Proudly un-offended.

Member #
    Not nails well one for wife unit. But she has gone through 4 windshields in less than a year.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Tell her to quit driving in the rumble strips.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Tell her to quit driving in the rumble strips.
    She is OCD about staying in the lane. I am the one who is notorious for cutting corners like an F1 driver on any average day.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post

Anybody have a nail magnet in the family?
    I have one I never use anymore. If you get down here to the Springs you can have it...freebie too.

Andy

So a little LOL
    I saw the post headline and pulled this up for you, as this is LEGIT

https://magnetpal.com/

then read the post...
    That sucks!!
    ****ing coward.
    Sweater
    Never play chess with a pigeon. The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over. Then craps all over the board. Then struts around like it won.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    I have one I never use anymore. If you get down here to the Springs you can have it...freebie too.

Andy

Nah, I dont need another wife. One is all I can handle. Thanks for the offer.

Member #
    Images
    Nah, I dont need another wife. One is all I can handle. Thanks for the offer.
    Not really what I meant but I can certainly see how you might have thought so

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Not really what I meant but I can certainly see how you might have thought so
    didja read the OP? My wife is a nail magnet. She finds them along the roads using her tires as collection devices. I already have a floor mag in the shop and am fastidious about cleaning up sharps. Not sure I have it in me to mag sweep all the roads around us.

Member #
    Images
    Followup:

Discount determined the tire was not repairable. I am diligent to keep the certs on her car, much to my benefit over time. Turns out Cooper discontinued the tire line she has on her car. They order the closest replacement, but it is an upgraded tire, 10 plys over 6. Meh, ok, go ahead and replace it. I figure I am going to pay for part of that tire, which is fine. Besides, cant drive it on the spare forever. Go to pick up the wheel from Discount and they only charge me for the new cert. Pretty cool . Not sure I understand the business model there or I am just part of such a small group of people who actually benefit from the certs....... Guess I will continue to stick with Discount Tire.

Member #
    Images
    Followup:

Discount determined the tire was not repairable. I am diligent to keep the certs on her car, much to my benefit over time. Turns out Cooper discontinued the tire line she has on her car. They order the closest replacement, but it is an upgraded tire, 10 plys over 6. Meh, ok, go ahead and replace it. I figure I am going to pay for part of that tire, which is fine. Besides, cant drive it on the spare forever. Go to pick up the wheel from Discount and they only charge me for the new cert. Pretty cool . Not sure I understand the business model there or I am just part of such a small group of people who actually benefit from the certs....... Guess I will continue to stick with Discount Tire.
    If you manage to consistently mess up tires, the certs are well worth it. But if you drive heavily, to the point that tire rotations need to be done by them and occur monthly.... then the cert system doesn't work. If you can play within their rules it works awesome. I had 2 tires that blew within about a mile of each other. They honored everything but I had to explain in detail when I rotated my tires and yada....
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    If you manage to consistently mess up tires, the certs are well worth it. But if you drive heavily, to the point that tire rotations need to be done by them and occur monthly.... then the cert system doesn't work. If you can play within their rules it works awesome. I had 2 tires that blew within about a mile of each other. They honored everything but I had to explain in detail when I rotated my tires and yada....
    Back in the day, the cert thing was great for offroaders when a sidewall got torn or something. Especially on those higher dollar large tires. Essentially no questions replacement insurance. Then they changed the cert system a bit to reel that back in. I cant remember when or what exactly the change was, but I think it was they would pro rate the used life of the tire or something. Not as great but still pretty good. I have had 3 or 4 brandy new tires installed on my wifes truck and only paid for the cert on the new tire each time. So maybe it is up to the local store to determine how they want to honor the certs? I dunno, but I am pretty happy about how it has been working out so far.