Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images

Active Shooter in Boulder

Good times...

https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...0-36edf1c44d50

BOULDER, Colo. Emergency crews are responding to an active shooter situation Monday afternoon at a King Soopers in Boulder.

The King Soopers is located at 3600 Table Mesa Drive, the Boulder Police Department (BPD) said. That's about two miles south of the University of Colorado Boulder campus.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office at 3:20 p.m. said its SWAT team was en route to assist.

Member #
    Just heard might be 6 dead.. What the hell is wrong with people.

Shooter in custody. (I would describe him as an overweight young guy)
    Multiple casualties (as seen in the first few second of above video FYI). Perhaps even an LEO? From what I heard on the scanner it wasn't promising.
    My wife and daughter were there right before this happened.
    This is a 5 minute walk from our house.
    Many middle schoolers and high schoolers hang out there around this time, thankfully spring break is this week.
    My LEO buddy is off on Mondays, but lives about 3 minutes away from him, I texted him but understandably haven't heard back.
    Last edited by 1BGDOG; March 22nd, 2021 at 06:13 PM.
    ****ing coward.
    Sweater
    Never play chess with a pigeon. The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over. Then craps all over the board. Then struts around like it won.

Member #
    Sorry about the chaos there Matt... glad to hear that you and your family are OK...

Member #
    Fn coward. Need to start quartering these pussies on live TV.

So sad for the victims and their families.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; March 22nd, 2021 at 06:20 PM.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by DaleD View Post
    Just heard might be 6 dead.. What the hell is wrong with people.
    That's what I heard over the scanner, including one LEO dead. Not confirmed yet though.
    www.staythetrail.org

And I "know" a witness who was there.
    A guy who works at one of the big weather agencies where I often walk around and shoot the snot, and I saw him on 9 news being interviewed.

Thanks!
    Knowing that a dude I see often and what he went through... crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Sorry about the chaos there Matt... glad to hear that you and your family are OK...

Member #
    Images
    My buddy lives across the street and regularly parks a vehicle or two in the parking lot as his neighbors complain about the amount of vehicles his residence has. Wonder when he will be able to gain access to them again?

Will be interesting to hear the names of all those involved.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    My buddy lives across the street and regularly parks a vehicle or two in the parking lot as his neighbors complain about the amount of vehicles his residence has. Wonder when he will be able to gain access to them again?

Will be interesting to hear the names of all those involved.
    People are dead and you care when your buddy will get access to his vehicles?

Boulder judge tosses a gun and mag ban last week and a mass shooting happens today.

I feel really bad for anyone involved in this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

I am hearing that all the police that assisted will be transporting the deceased LEO to coroner.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleD View Post
    People are dead and you care when your buddy will get access to his vehicles?
    I was offering a lighter side antidote within a shitty situation. Only you would try to start sh!t during this time.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BGDOG View Post
    I am hearing that all the police that assisted will be transporting the deceased LEO to coroner.
    The amassing procession is/was quite a sight! The respect they show one another is awesome.

I know you and know you would not make light of this.
    As a car guy I chuckled that your friends parks his cars in that lot.

I was offering a lighter side antidote within a shitty situation. Only you would try to start sh!t during this time.

It's wild a lot of officers in Boulder pick up shifts at Whole Food on Pearl St to assist them with mainly transient issues. I have never seen officers work shifts at this KS, this officers responded fast, paid the ultimate price and I hope helped in some way....

The amassing procession is/was quite a sight! The respect they show one another is awesome.

Member #
    Images
    At least 10 dead including the officer.

They release the officer's name: Eric Talley, 51 years old that joined the force in 2010

Officer Talley was a good guy...

https://www.dailycamera.com/2013/06/...rainage-ditch/

At least 10 dead including the officer.

They release the officer's name: Eric Talley, 51 years old that joined the force in 2010

Member #
    Images

Member #
    I have never been able to figure out what goes on in the minds of people who think nothing of other human life. What i have figured out is that some people are just defective.

Also, 3...2....1 until this becomes political for the anti-gun crowd which happens every single time and is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post

Also, 3...2....1 until this becomes political for the anti-gun crowd which happens every single time and is sad.
    That's already happened.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    That's already happened.
    Figured...

There's a lot that isn't going to hit the press over this. Most people I know expected something like this to happen. Last week a judge ruled that Boulder's AR-15 and standard capacity magazine ban was unconstitutional. 5 days later, in Boulder, a mass shooting. Top that off with the shooters name is Ahmad Al-Issa, an immigrant born in 1999 in Syria and came to the USA in 2002. You won't hear that on the local or national news but it is what it is. Since the narrative is going to get destroyed I am going to guess this will get swept away quickly. Probably not as quick as the Vegas one but it will just the same.

Never let a tragedy go to waste. Kiss more of your rights goodbye.

Just found out that one of the victims was a kind, special needs bagger and cart wrangler.
    Terri was always so nice...
    Sucks

Member #
    Images
    Colorado sure loves its mass killings

Boulder has some of the toughest gun laws in the state. You can't open carry or conceal carry, not even a knife. This guy still managed to go shoot up the place. It's almost like criminals don't obey laws.

Member #
    It's almost like criminals don't obey laws.
    Too many people forget this, or never understand it in the first place.

So the suspect hates conservatives and the "libtards" in Boulder?

And you are once again wrong.
    CCW
    https://www.bouldercounty.org/safety...andgun-permit/

Boulder has some of the toughest gun laws in the state. You can't open carry or conceal carry, not even a knife. This guy still managed to go shoot up the place. It's almost like criminals don't obey laws.

Member #
    Too many people forget this, or never understand it in the first place.
    They know it. They just choose to ignore it to advance their agenda.

You can't open carry or conceal carry, not even a knife.
    You have zero idea of which you're talking about. City of Boulder absolutely allows conceal carry permit holders like myself, who obtained their permits in Boulder county, to carry concealed in the city of Boulder.

The last thing that is needed right now is stupid s*** like this you idiot.

- mike

Do not be mean.
    There are snowflakes about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweater View Post
    You have zero idea of which you're talking about. City of Boulder absolutely allows conceal carry permit holders like myself, who obtained their permits in Boulder county, to carry concealed in the city of Boulder.

The last thing that is needed right now is stupid s*** like this you idiot.

- mike

Member #
    A: What the heck is an AK 15?

B: Why do actors think anyone gives a rats ass what they think?

From Fox News - Celebrities call for gun control after Boulder shooting: ‘Not soon enough’
    Celebrities call for gun control after Boulder shooting: ‘Not soon enough’

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ulder-shooting

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    A: What the heck is an AK 15?

B: Why do actors think anyone gives a rats ass what they think?

From Fox News - Celebrities call for gun control after Boulder shooting: ‘Not soon enough’
    Celebrities call for gun control after Boulder shooting: ‘Not soon enough’

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ulder-shooting
    Ditto on the actors and athletes needing a peanut butter and shut-the-fawk-up sammich about their political views .... I'm not sure how many people let their political opinions be affected by the little girl from "Who's the boss" .... It's a joke that she thinks she's causing a movement of some sort.

Soundman nailed it .... choking down any amendment rights will not keep criminals from criminal-ing ... Even "non-criminals" will be able to source what they want, it's just a matter of price dictated by altered market conditions.

Did you know that meth is banned and illegal nationwide and do you have any idea how many toothless meth-heads are walking around?

In contrast, you cannot buy common sense.

Member #
    I've been watching the news all morning with segments of "Remembering the victims" as they share light on details of those individuals...

It's extremely sad for the loss of life and all of their families .... The mayor of Boulder seems under the impression that a ban on assault rifles will prevent this from happening... It won't.

The mayor of Boulder seems under the impression that a ban on assault rifles will prevent this from happening... It won't.
    I have such a hard time with this of late.

Consider what so many people in the US have seen since the sunset of AWB in 2004: the massive proliferation of AR-15s. Entire companies have been founded on providing builds and accessories for the AR-15 pattern. But at the same time, the US public has witnessed the increase in mass shootings involving AR-15 rifles.

Of the last 80 mass shootings in the country, an AR-15 gun was used in:

The Boulder shooting this week
    The 2019 Jersey City, New Jersey shooting
    The Midland-Odessa interstate shooting in Texas in 2019
    The 2019 Dayton shooting in Ohio
    The Tree of Life synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh in 2018
    The Waffle House shooting in Nashville in 2018
    The 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
    The 2018 Melcroft, Pennsylvania, shooting
    The shootings at Rancho Tehama Reserve in California in 2017
    The Sutherland Springs, Texas, church shooting in 2017
    The 2017 Las Vegas shooting
    The 2017 Plano, Texas, shooting
    The 2017 Lincoln County, Mississippi, shootings
    The Orlando nightclub shooting in 2016
    The 2015 San Bernardino, California, attack
    The 2015 Colorado Springs, Colorado, shooting
    The 2013 Santa Monica, California, shooting
    The 2013 homicides in South Valley, New Mexico
    The 2012 Webster, New York, shooting
    The Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012
    The response I see to these facts - and they are facts - from the gun community seem to mirror what I'm seeing in this thread:

• Nitpicking misinformation put out in the wake of a shooting (AK 15 vs AR 15)
    • "Criminals will be criminals no matter what"
    • Equating the ability to own an AR-15 with 2nd Amendment rights
    • Railing against anyone (celebrities? sports figures?) that chooses to speak out against gun violence and promote gun control.
    • It's a mental health issue, not a gun issue.

I would argue that if you're not considering how people view AR-15 owners (colloquially referred to as "assault weapons") and understand that a whole ton of people do not want AR-15's / "assault weapons" in anyone's hands, you've got your head in the sand in regards to your 2nd Amendment rights.

Plain and simple, gun owners are hands-down losing the public perception fight. And "we" as gun owners are not helping our cause:

• The US gets to see picture after picture of assholes who keep showing up to protests with AR-15s, especially in the past 12-18 months as political divides have (IMHO) deepened.
    • The same people who want to blame this on the problems of the individual also make it harder for individuals to get help. You want to blame this on mental health? Then you better f'n pressure your elected officials to push for better and more universal access to mental health care. You can't simultaneously be pro-gun rights and anti-universal healthcare.
    • Being able to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights does not equate to being able to own an AR-15. Laws specifying exactly which types of firearms you may possess are very constitutional at the moment. Either work to solidify those rights or recognize that, basically, the ability to own something like an AR-15 right now is tenuous and subject to higher regulation.
    • Don't summarily dismiss the opponents of guns as contemptible based on their position in society or the misunderstanding of some facts around firearms (clips vs. mags, "assault weapon" definition, etc)

I guess what I'm trying to say is:

I don't want to lose my ability to own the types of firearms that I own. But some in the gun community sure are making it hard to do so. And I'm not willing to ally myself with the GOP and give up so much of what I support for this country outside of gun control issues to vote Republican. I hate that right now, it seems the only way I will be able to keep these guns would be to sign up to all the other crazy sh** going on in the GOP and among conservative politics.

- mike

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sweater View Post
    I have such a hard time with this of late.

Consider what so many people in the US have seen since the sunset of AWB in 2004: the massive proliferation of AR-15s. Entire companies have been founded on providing builds and accessories for the AR-15 pattern. But at the same time, the US public has witnessed the increase in mass shootings involving AR-15 rifles.

The response I see to these facts - and they are facts - from the gun community seem to mirror what I'm seeing in this thread:

• Nitpicking misinformation put out in the wake of a shooting (AK 15 vs AR 15)
    • "Criminals will be criminals no matter what"
    • Equating the ability to own an AR-15 with 2nd Amendment rights
    • Railing against anyone (celebrities? sports figures?) that chooses to speak out against gun violence and promote gun control.
    • It's a mental health issue, not a gun issue.

I would argue that if you're not considering how people view AR-15 owners (colloquially referred to as "assault weapons") and understand that a whole ton of people do not want AR-15's / "assault weapons" in anyone's hands, you've got your head in the sand in regards to your 2nd Amendment rights.

Plain and simple, gun owners are hands-down losing the public perception fight. And "we" as gun owners are not helping our cause:

• The US gets to see picture after picture of assholes who keep showing up to protests with AR-15s, especially in the past 12-18 months as political divides have (IMHO) deepened.
    • The same people who want to blame this on the problems of the individual also make it harder for individuals to get help. You want to blame this on mental health? Then you better f'n pressure your elected officials to push for better and more universal access to mental health care. You can't simultaneously be pro-gun rights and anti-universal healthcare.
    • Being able to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights does not equate to being able to own an AR-15. Laws specifying exactly which types of firearms you may possess are very constitutional at the moment. Either work to solidify those rights or recognize that, basically, the ability to own something like an AR-15 right now is tenuous and subject to higher regulation.
    • Don't summarily dismiss the opponents of guns as contemptible based on their position in society or the misunderstanding of some facts around firearms (clips vs. mags, "assault weapon" definition, etc)

I guess what I'm trying to say is:

I don't want to lose my ability to own the types of firearms that I own. But some in the gun community sure are making it hard to do so. And I'm not willing to ally myself with the GOP and give up so much of what I support for this country outside of gun control issues to vote Republican. I hate that right now, it seems the only way I will be able to keep these guns would be to sign up to all the other crazy sh** going on in the GOP and among conservative politics.

- mike
    I get what you are saying but how many murders during the time frame you covers total have been by AR15s vs hand guns?

Just a quick google search shows that there were 769 murders in 2020 in Chicago alone and i just imagine the vast majority of those were by hand guns.

Member #
    Images
    Annually more people die from falling down stairs than from AR15s.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?