Member #
    Images

Holy Cross Sat 10/24/2020

Doesnít look like anyoneís on here anymore, but itís worth a shot for someone not on the book-insta-tic-chat-snap-gram-tweeter-face thing.

Iím headed up to HC this Saturday to hit it before itís too late, and judging by the weather forecast it looks like Saturday is very last day to hit it in 2020. Not planning to hit Cleveland Rock (been there, broke that!), but my junk can breeze through the rest, hence me taking the risk of running this tail by meself. If anyoneís reading this and interested, post up or send me a PM (if that still works ;-)

Member #
    Images
    did you go?

Member #
    Images
    I did! Didn't go as planned and didn't end up wheeling with anyone or get very far, but I did 'get' to the top. I noticed that my heater core was leaking a little thus causing the motor to run a little hot so I was keeping a close eye on it. Had to get out & clear a couple small trees that fell onto the trail and then right after the turn off to come off the trail near the warning sign there was huge tree that recently fell over and was completely blocking the trail. I couldn't move it by myself and saw it as a sign that maybe I should bail on this vs. winch it out of the way. So, I turned around, parked the Geap, put on my running gear and ran up to to top. I was planning to do some trail running after the city anyway, so I just started a little earlier. Ran up & checked out Cleveland Rock & continued past to the top. It was crazy dry and there was a huge patch of ice on the trail right before the city. I was able to open her up a little on the dirt road back to the trailer so that was fun. Forgot the steering wheel on the roof though so that bounced off somewhere on the washboard road.

Member #
    Images
    you were probably the last person there this year