Why did channel 9 need an armed guard at a mostly peaceful protest

Just asking for a friend.
    NSFW due to language
    I started with nothing, and I've got most of it left.

Member #
    Images
    because channel 9 is a leftist organization

Leftist? Does that mean that they hate guns or just hate for others to have guns?

Member #
    Images
    just hate for others to have them. 9 and its owners believe that they are the elite ruling class

Member #
    Images
    Let me see if I got this right...
    spit on someone = right to shoot them
    cuss at someone = right to shoot them
    threaten someone with words = right to shoot them
    spray pepper spray = right to shoot them

You know, for a political position that advocates for limiting your right to self defense they sure find acceptance for shooting at far less than a "fear for my life" justification!

Not to mention that they went there specifically to confront (no life/property/defense intended).
    Last edited by ASCTLC; October 11th, 2020 at 06:07 PM.

Member #
    Images
    we are seein the same thing

A CNN affiliate hiring someone from ANTIFA that falsely claimed to be a security guard that breaks away from the camera crew they were hired to protect to shoot someone in the face and people are surprised. Keep it up Denver.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    ....someone from ANTIFA....
    But Denver PD, in one of the shortest "investigations" in history, claims no evidence of Antifa. In spite of the tattoos, activist history, and social media, he had no involvement with Antifa. Besides, Antifa isn't real, it's just an idea.

Member #
    Images
    Similar to the MI kidnap gang reporting...They want to use the word "militia" even with the leader of those bozos documented history of rabid anti Trump hate and an Anarchist flag hanging right behind him on video. It's right there for anyone to see and recognize.

Maybe I missed it but although 9News has tried to do their best to deflect blame I haven't heard any of them expressing sympathy for the victims family.

Quote Originally Posted by SamFromCO View Post
    Maybe I missed it but although 9News has tried to do their best to deflect blame I haven't heard any of them expressing sympathy for the victims family.
    You won't either. IF they did they would open themselves up to pay a huge financial settlement. Expect 9News to distance themselves from the whole situation.
    '96 Grand Cherokee with stuff done to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Similar to the MI kidnap gang reporting...They want to use the word "militia" even with the leader of those bozos documented history of rabid anti Trump hate and an Anarchist flag hanging right behind him on video. It's right there for anyone to see and recognize.
    Those kidnapers are all being found out as BLM members now. Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    You won't either. IF they did they would open themselves up to pay a huge financial settlement. Expect 9News to distance themselves from the whole situation.
    They are going to get rekt with lawsuits. It doesn't matter what they say.

Member #
    Images
    a thing i find interesting is that no one has identified the person detained and let go known only as a “producer” from 9

9news is running from this as fast as they can. They've brought in some shill from a sister station - no conflict there - to "cover" the story.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    ''Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.'' - Plato

Member #
    Images
    amazing.

i have learned that i absolutely, very strongly, dislike “media”.

not a single redeeming quality. and all liars. scum. total scum
    Last edited by vb; October 12th, 2020 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Expect 9News to distance themselves from the whole situation.
    They will try for sure. They might be facing criminal charges as well as civil suits.
    https://coloradopeakpolitics.com/202...tive-activist/

Another question, didn't 9News think that if was bit odd that their security guard was in plain clothes? Is that normal? Even if he wasn't wearing a uniform shouldn't he have had some indication that he may have been armed. I didn't notice even a badge in any of the pics that I've seen.

Member #
    Images
    How he was dressed doesn't raise any issue to me. In fact I believe the best defense is an unknown defense...never to be known until an actually deadly force response is needed. My concern is that he thought he was justified with lethal force for such a minor confrontation with a less than deadly weapon.

A quick search provided this info:

If your company knows of a problem on a campus or work site, but needs help discovering the offender for follow-up purposes, then a plainclothes security guard would be very useful. Unlike uniformed guards, plainclothes guards can go unnoticed onsite, making culprits think they can steal or commit another crime undetected. If your company wants to discourage illegal behavior before problems arise then a uniformed security guard may be best.

The uniform makes this type of security more visible and therefore more likely to inhibit the behavior of potential culprits. The official nature of a uniform, especially when paired with surveillance devices like security cameras, can deter most criminals. Uniformed guards are also good for regulating large events where they can handle crowd control, disputes, and unruly guests.

Seems to me that the second example is a better example of the purpose of hiring a security guard in this case.

https://www.securityguardsanjose.com...thes-security/

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SamFromCO View Post
    A quick search provided this info:

If your company knows of a problem on a campus or work site, but needs help discovering the offender for follow-up purposes, then a plainclothes security guard would be very useful. Unlike uniformed guards, plainclothes guards can go unnoticed onsite, making culprits think they can steal or commit another crime undetected. If your company wants to discourage illegal behavior before problems arise then a uniformed security guard may be best.

The uniform makes this type of security more visible and therefore more likely to inhibit the behavior of potential culprits. The official nature of a uniform, especially when paired with surveillance devices like security cameras, can deter most criminals. Uniformed guards are also good for regulating large events where they can handle crowd control, disputes, and unruly guests.

Seems to me that the second example is a better example of the purpose of hiring a security guard in this case.

https://www.securityguardsanjose.com...thes-security/
    But if it wasn't their event, then providing uniformed guards might mislead people into thinking that they were there with someone else. Plainclothes would be the right approach in this instance, but at that point that would end. Private security is there to protect their people first, and in more of a reactive manner unless they identify a threat. Even at that point, it isn't their job to neutralize anything, they are just there to identify and advise their party accordingly.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    I can definitely see a need for the flexibility in uniformed vs plain clothed depending on circumstances. In the case of the denver reporter protection I'm not so sure one preference makes that big of difference over another. Thus my lack of interest in that aspect of that event.

Member #
    Images
    As I understand it, by regulation private security must be uniformed in Colorado. I don't think plain clothed private security is permitted? Gotta be someone on the board that has experience in it.
    Proudly un-offended.

Member #
    Images
    Plainclothes security is allowed in Denver but there is an additional endorsement along with an additional endorsement to carry a firearm.

Link is a download of a pdf

link
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

The guy Keltner was arguing with, the guy with the Black Guns Matter shirt, was Jeremiah Elliott. Pretty interesting guy if you do some searching. I can imagine him telling Doloff or 9News to "get your cameras ready".

Real talk.... if you got sprayed by pepper spray, what would you do to defend yourself or those you are supposed to protect?
    Do you know what the attacker has besides pepper spray to attack you?

Love to hear some thoughts on this.
    [SIZE=4]I don't even own a Jeep, oh wait I do and it is sick! [/SIZE]:P
    [URL]http://www.factcheck.org/[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.staythetrail.org"]
    [/URL]

Member #
    Images
    Spray them back and talk smack. Have associate video situation. Upload to YouTube. Profit.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BGDOG View Post
    Real talk.... if you got sprayed by pepper spray, what would you do to defend yourself or those you are supposed to protect?
    Do you know what the attacker has besides pepper spray to attack you?

Love to hear some thoughts on this.
    IMO getting sprayed sprayed with pepper spray justifies using deadly force. Once debilitated by the spray who knows what the person will do to you.

The question is did he get sprayed first or not? There is a picture that shows him reaching for his pistol before the other guy sprays him. He also may have thought the guy was reaching for a gun and not pepper spray.

Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    He also may have thought the guy was reaching for a gun and not pepper spray.
    Keltner had his hand on the pepper spray when he slapped Doloff. It would be pretty difficult to grab a gun with a can of pepper spray in your hand.

Member #
    Images
    It has been reported that there were two guns and someone wearing a jacket had magazines on them.

I know virtually nothing about guns except don't stand in front of them. This guy seems to think that the gun that Doloff had was unusual for a "security guard". (starts around 6:40)
    I also heard about a second gun. Seems kind of weird that we haven't heard more about that. Given how quick the DPD said that Doloff wasn't Antifa, I believe that if the other gun belonged to Keltner that if would have been reported as such. Maybe not.

Member #
    Images
    A number of people carry a back up gun, so it could be Doloff laid down his back up when LE showed up.

As for pepper spray being a life or death risk, I think it all depends on the environment deployed. Down a back alley being robbed, hell yes I'd consider it a life or death event. Just in a protest with many others around, I'd consider it more as an antagonistic assault than a life and death risk. But it all depends on the very specific environment it's deployed at that moment.

He should have shot him in the legs, I guess.

"So, instead of anybody coming at you and the first thing you do is shoot to kill, you shoot them in the leg,"- Joe Biden on police reform

Meh. Hardly the case to get worked up over. Kyle Rittenhouse is much more interesting.

Member #
    my armchair quarterback assessment without a lot of research - the pics I've seen lead me to believe that Doloff is reaching for Keltner's pepper spray, and Keltner's "slap" could just as easily be a defensive "push off".

Not even going to go into the known bad actor provocateur with the "Black Guns Matter" t-shirt. I hope he's arrested and charged as accessory to murder.