Evidence of coordinated covid padding:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...lity-count.php
    Proudly un-offended.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    Evidence of coordinated covid padding:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...lity-count.php
    Shocked face...
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    This is my boom stick.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Texas Attorney General sends warning to Gunnison County
    Paxton opines Fifth amended Public Health Order violates U.S. Constitution.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...c-bd9ff0cdc943

Member #
    From Fox News - Meet the former NYT reporter who is challenging the coronavirus narrative
    Meet the former NYT reporter who is challenging the coronavirus narrative

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-...irus-narrative

Here are a few things that I've been wondering about.
    What do you think is going to happen if things don't get much better in the next few weeks?
    Sooner or later, regardless of the state of the CCP Virus, the country is going to have to go back to work. What if it turns out that all of these closures really didn't help that much and even if it did, we will eventually have to get back out and face the virus regardless of the consequences?
    I don't think that this will be the case. I think that "they" will develop either a vaccine or a treatment before next flu season. But, it's possible that we will have to "live (or die) with it" for an extended period. Then what?
    Follow up question: How many of the actions of the myriad .gov agencies around the country will be determined to be un-Constitutional? If so, will anybody be held accountable?
    I started with nothing, and I've got most of it left.

Member #
    Images
    The sole reason the economy was shut down: Because the hospitals will have insufficient capacity and patients will be littering the hallways dying from insufficient resources to tend them.

With so many hospitals empty, furloughed health care personal due to the slow down of inpatient needs other than covid focused, multiple promising/effective treatment approaches (while still looking for that one/two best treatment solution) further reducing the need for ventilators and length of stays, and multiple approaches to mitigating the spread without the extreme measure of forcing people to isolate in their homes, is pointing to further extreme shut down is losing justification.

While the initial extreme reaction may have been correct (I believe it was) in light of the initial cover up followed by false information from china and the w.h.o. we are learning actual facts virtually daily. And these new facts and insights are pointing towards a need to take a breath, recognize our over reaction, ask those who we now know are more at risk of complications to consider keeping a distance if they want and give a shit about their health, and start implementing loosening of isolation while also maintaining the current excess hospital capacity until we validate the loosening was accurately implemented.

The models used to initiate and keep this extreme lock down were so wrong, and continue to be so wrong, that this rabid adherence to them is illogical.

IMHO

Member #
    Images
    Some areas are exceeding hospital capacity. The problem is, as shown in China and Itally, not all areas are hit the same, every region reacts differently, and has different healthcare capacity. NYC is *****ed. Colorado is doing ok. Personally, I believe it is time for us to start easing restrictions. Not sure where to start though.

As an anecdotal aside, a friend of mine in town is recovering from Corona right now. 4.5 weeks of hell. Almost admitted to the hospital/ICU. Mid 40's, otherwise healthy, no underlying conditions that I know of. His wife skated through 2 weeks of mild symptoms. He'll be donating plasma to help treat others.
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

I imagine the TX AG's play will be the first of many that we see. People seem to be wiping their asses with the Constitution since they can't find toilet paper.

I'm still going in to work most days, at least to check emails and such. No remote capability for me.

Still bored as all get out though. I'm taking a break right now from organizing ratchet straps and trailer tie downs.
    www.staythetrail.org

How long can the .gov shut down legal businesses (like restaurants, bars, theaters)? Forever?
    Follow up question: Does the Constitution not work when we're scared?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    Some areas are exceeding hospital capacity.

As an anecdotal aside, a friend of mine in town is recovering from Corona right now. 4.5 weeks of hell. Almost admitted to the hospital/ICU. Mid 40's, otherwise healthy, no underlying conditions that I know of. His wife skated through 2 weeks of mild symptoms. He'll be donating plasma to help treat others.
    Dr. Fauci just said "No one has gone without an ICU bed or ventilator. if there has been we would certainly know it.". That doesn't sound like "exceeding" to me. Full as all hell, maybe, but not exceeding. Obviously he can't know everything but as quick as people are to criticize/complain you'd think someone in the task force would have heard an all hands on deck request at a hospital needing additional help or resources.

Hope you friend recovers fully, without any of the long term lingering damage some have been reported to be at risk of suffering. That's the part that concerns me of getting it...other than being one of the very unlucky ones dying from this...is long term lung damage that would limit enjoyment of an active life.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    The models used to initiate and keep this extreme lock down were so wrong, and continue to be so wrong, that this rabid adherence to them is illogical.
    Unfortunately, once the SIP order was issued without any specified end condition, it locked the governor into a position that he cant terminate it without political backwash. There will continue to be deaths, we all know it, but as soon as the SIP is ended, every person who dies after that will be publicly blamed on the gov because he ended SIP. No win. Trump is in a similar spot, but I think he was pretty shrewd leaving the SIP orders to the governors, reducing some of the political accusations of "killing Grandma".

There is less incentive to end the SIP early than there is to extend it longer. Can always defend against the economy crash by blaming covid, "we had to, what else could we do? people were dying" [sad face].

Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    Trump is in a similar spot, but I think he was pretty shrewd leaving the SIP orders to the governors, reducing some of the political accusations of "killing Grandma".
    Actually, Constitutionally he really can't do a national SIP order. He can and did shut down air travel via the FAA but it was always up to the states as to what they want to do.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SamFromCO View Post
    Actually, Constitutionally he really can't do a national SIP order. He can and did shut down air travel via the FAA but it was always up to the states as to what they want to do.
    Exactly. Reminds me of of the governor when Katrina hit and he blamed Bush for not sending in the national guard. Ummm.....its the governors job to request it. They are all about states rights until they screw up, then they blame the feds. Not that I am big on defending the feds either.

Member #

Member #

Member #
    Images
    Just got the notice that the stay at home order has been extended to Apr 26th. I think it's time to petition the governor's office to open up earlier than that. Colorado is well within our hospitals' capacity, even if the most pessimistic estimates are used. At this point, the economy is going to ruin more lives than the disease.

Isn't one of the jobs of the CDC to plan for quarantine procedures? Seems like fake news to me.

Member #
    Images
    I don't think any agency should wait until something is actually needed to start planning for "possibilities".

As for the CDC planning ahead, I believe the same has to be said for Trump building the team to discuss and formulate a plan for opening the country...although typical talking heads are crying that it must mean he's planning to open it after the weekend is over. Don't be the U.S. Congress and wait until something is needed, then half ass the shit out of it, plan ahead so there's time to discuss and consider needed options so it's not rushed.

Wasting time fookin with stupid shit is why they don't have plans for anything actually important. Then they make stupid decisions like throw the kitchen sink at every issue that we face.

Much can be said of the typical household...why cry about poor health and the higher risk you face now...or how you don't have any money for groceries next week...or....but now I'm starting to rant about the self made victims, I'll log out now.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    At this point, the economy is going to ruin more lives than the disease.
    Which is exactly why Trump keeps saying that we can't make the cure worse than the problem.

Member #
    I haven't gone to wallymart in over a week so i dont know what the situation there is but i did go to Pruitt's Grocery an hour ago and they are pretty much all stocked back up on all everything that all the stores have been out of since the panic buying started including having name brand TP on the shelves. They did have signs up asking people to please only take what was needed now on the crap wrap shelves though.

I kinda figure that in this stage of the game, if someone loaded a cart full of crap wrap that there would be a beat down before they got to their car with it. I have yet to have talked to anyone who would own up to buying bunches and bunches of crap wrap but more than one somebody did...

Member #
    Images
    My local King Soopers is almost back to normal. Still short of paper towel, TP, bleach, and Lysol products.

Member #
    Images
    The rampant 'Woe is me!!!' crap is getting old! Good grief, suck it up and deal with it people!

Member #
    This whole corona virus crap has really opened up my eye's to just how easily this Country could be transformed to something we would not like nor want to see happen so fast from something we the sheeple fear..

Member #

Member #

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Images
    There are people truly impacted by this and my thoughts go to them. How horrible it'd be to lose someone to this. I imagine one would harbor a long lingering hate for chinese the way WWII vets who fought in the Pacific hated the Japanese afterwards.

But the most privileged seem to be whining the most, simply from having to stay home, like they just can't take another day.

So this whole social distancing thing was never to prevent infections but to slow the rate and flatten the curve. Have we done to good a job? Shouldn't more people be getting infected and recovering?

There are 5.759MM people in CO and according to CDPHE only 6,893 people have had the virus, that's .12%. The CDPHE number is likely understated as most people who contract this virus will not have strong enough symptoms to seek testing or medical help, to be realistic lets say that that 6,893 number represents 30% of the actual infections giving us a more probable number of cases at 23,000 actual infections. That 23K still only represents .4% of the population who has been exposed. If this social distancing model actually works, what happens to the remaining 5,736,000 Coloradans who still have no immunity when we come out of hiding?

Of the 4 hospitals in a 50 mile radius of my home, there are a total of 5 patients in the Covid care units. They didn't get overwhelmed just the opposite, they didn't see enough people, and not enough of the population was exposed and built antibodies.

You shot your wad on a dumb idea that didn't solve any problem and destroyed the economy. I cant wait to see what the next Bovine Excrement idea is.
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    Exactly. And the moving of the goal post is my biggest criticism of what is happening. That it was to mitigate the overwhelming of hospital care that drove the direction taken but now it has become the saving of every last life...irrational!!!

Member #
    Images
    Wjats funny is that many hospitals are loosing millions of dollars fast. Montrose has ten covid patients and no others. Ive seen other big city hospitals talk of the same thing. They are empty and doing nothing but waiting for covid people.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    So this whole social distancing thing was never to prevent infections but to slow the rate and flatten the curve. Have we done to good a job? Shouldn't more people be getting infected and recovering?

There are 5.759MM people in CO and according to CDPHE only 6,893 people have had the virus, that's .12%. The CDPHE number is likely understated as most people who contract this virus will not have strong enough symptoms to seek testing or medical help, to be realistic lets say that that 6,893 number represents 30% of the actual infections giving us a more probable number of cases at 23,000 actual infections. That 23K still only represents .4% of the population who has been exposed. If this social distancing model actually works, what happens to the remaining 5,736,000 Coloradans who still have no immunity when we come out of hiding?

Of the 4 hospitals in a 50 mile radius of my home, there are a total of 5 patients in the Covid care units. They didn't get overwhelmed just the opposite, they didn't see enough people, and not enough of the population was exposed and built antibodies.

You shot your wad on a dumb idea that didn't solve any problem and destroyed the economy. I cant wait to see what the next Bovine Excrement idea is.
    Quoted for being so dead on!!!

Member #
    Images
    Who thinks Trump will fire Fauci?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    IMHO, he should. No idea whether he will.
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

You sourced this from Facebook? Must be true.

Just a quick search on Rick Warren - I find that his church:
    also operates more than 500 care and support ministries and groups ranging from grief care to mental health
    That does not specifically say anything relating to COVID19, but you can't assume it doesn't.

Then there is this:

https://saddleback.com/coronaresponse
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    Saw trends reported this morning for CO ...

Deaths/day and Hospitalizations/day trended down last week and then spiked back up and trending down over the past 3 days.

Cases/day were trending down and now are trending back up the past few days.

Not really sure what to do with that nor how folks are going to feel about the extended Stay-at-Home order or the effectiveness of all the social distancing.

Granted, also not confident in how the data is collected and reported, but it's all that people can receive.

...just thought those trends reported this morning were interesting

Member #
    Images
    The data is basically useless as they report cases/deaths when the test results are received. So someone may have died last week but if the lab results are received today it gets reported as today.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    IMHO, he should. No idea whether he will.
    I too beginning to think he's overstaying his welcome. As time moves on and we learn so much every new day Fauci's position (proud proclamation) that he prefers to over react is starting to show he has blinders on.

Over reacting to something is only a valid approach when there's "no harm, no foul" to doing so. In this case over reacting so much has a very harmful affect with a very severe impact. There's a great need to be more mindful and diligent to estimating this closer to reality...and if he can't get there he needs to make room for someone else with more than a single skill set.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc View Post
    You sourced this from Facebook? Must be true.

Just a quick search on Rick Warren - I find that his church:

That does not specifically say anything relating to COVID19, but you can't assume it doesn't.

Then there is this:

https://saddleback.com/coronaresponse
    Good to hear.

Question about the same subject. Not trying to rip on anyone or bash the Christian religion, trying to gain some actual knowledge on the subject since this part confuses me. If the Bible is God's word, and not open to interpretation, and it states that "money is the root of all evil", then why would someone want to pick a spiritual leader who's roots are so solidly planted in the monetary aspect?

Member #
    Images
    Good to hear.

Question about the same subject. Not trying to rip on anyone or bash the Christian religion, trying to gain some actual knowledge on the subject since this part confuses me. If the Bible is God's word, and not open to interpretation, and it states that "money is the root of all evil", then why would someone want to pick a spiritual leader who's roots are so solidly planted in the monetary aspect?
    "money is the root of all evil" is not correct and a typical criticism of religion haters who try to insult and shame successful people. The correct teaching is: "The love of money is the root of all evil".

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    "money is the root of all evil" is not correct and a typical criticism of religion haters who try to insult and shame successful people. The correct teaching is: "The love of money is the root of all evil".
    Great thanks! Question still remains though. If the preachers above love God and his followers, why would they keep more money than needed to maintain an average lifestyle, then use the rest to help their fellow man or even their followers? Why a private jet when coach would do the job and the extra money could go to actual help?