Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,600 of 1816
    “Congress should not establish a religion, and enforce the legal observation of it by law, nor compel men to worship God in any Manner contrary to their conscience.”
    - James Madison
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

“As to those employed in teaching and inculcating the duties of religion, there may be some indelicacy in singling them out [as a category in a census], as the general government is proscribed from interfering, in any manner whatever, in matters respecting religion; and it may be thought to do this, in ascertaining who, and who are not, ministers of the gospel.”
    - James Madison

“The subject of religion, a subject on which I have ever been most scrupulously reserved, I have considered it as a matter between every man and his maker, in which no other, and far less the public had a right to inter-meddle.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

“Government has no right to hurt a hair of the head of an atheist for his opinions. Let him have a care of his practices.”
    -John Adams

“The business of civil government is to protect the citizen in his rights, to defend the community from hostile powers, and to promote the general welfare. Civil government has no business to meddle with the private opinions of the people. If I demean myself as a good citizen, I am accountable, not to man, but to God, for the religious opinions which I embrace, and the manner in which I worship the supreme being."
    -Oliver Ellsworth

“Religious persecution may shield itself under the guise of a mistaken and overzealous piety.”
    -Edmund Burke

“The opinions of men are not the object of civil government, nor under its jurisdiction.”
    -T Jefferson

“As to religion, I hold it to be the indispensable duty of all government, to protect all conscientious professors thereof, and I know of no other business which government hath to do therewith.”
    -Thomas Paine

“The liberty enjoyed by the people of these States of worshipping Almighty God, agreable to their consciences, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights.”
    -George Washington

“Spiritual freedom is the root of political liberty...As the union between spiritual freedom and political liberty seems nearly inseparable, it is our duty to defend both.”
    -T Paine

“No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority”
    -T Jefferson

Member #
    Huh.....

From Fox News - Biden plan for forced vaccinations doesn't include illegal immigrants
    Biden plan for forced vaccinations doesn't include illegal immigrants

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...gal-immigrants
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Article 1, Section 1
    All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

I don't see anywhere in there that the executive branch can conjur up mandates willy nilly. The executive does have the power to issue executive orders to execute enforcement of duly passed legislation by congress. Thus far I have seen no law created by the legislative branch that would grant this president the authority to issue such an executive order.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Article 1, Section 1
    All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

I don't see anywhere in there that the executive branch can conjur up mandates willy nilly. The executive does have the power to issue executive orders to execute enforcement of duly passed legislation by congress. Thus far I have seen no law created by the legislative branch that would grant this president the authority to issue such an executive order.
    The idiots even bragged that it was a illegal "work a round".

From Fox News - WH’s Klain panned for retweeting post on ‘ultimate work-around’ for federal vaccine requirement
    WH’s Klain panned for retweeting post on ‘ultimate work-around’ for federal vaccine requirement

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kla...nvirus-mandate

Quote Originally Posted by DaleD View Post
    Still with us Mike?
    Dunno - after so many people on here wanted to "take out the trash" I'm surprised you'd even care to ask.

Couldn't care less about anyone upset by this. Take it to the courts if you're mad or something.

The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States does not import an absolute right in each person to be at all times, and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint, nor is it an element in such liberty that one person, or a minority of persons residing in any community and enjoying the benefits of its local government, should have power to dominate the majority when supported in their action by the authority of the State.

It is within the police power of a State to enact a compulsory vaccination law, and it is for the legislature, and not for the courts, to determine in the first instance whether vaccination is or is not the best mode for the prevention of smallpox and the protection of the public health.
    Or, rant about this repeatedly in a conservative safe space while everyone nods along with you so that you can feel like you're accomplishing something.

- mike

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleD View Post
    Still with us Mike?
    To be fair, Mike has been clearly against .gov mandates. A proponent of the vax and even supportive of private companies making the vax compulsory. But not .gov.

Quote Originally Posted by sweater View Post
    But, I take one part of my complaints against conservatives back, for sure:

Thank you, conservatives, for paving the way for private businesses to run their operations as they see fit. For fighting at the Supreme Court level to allow private companies to do things like not bake gay people cakes.

My company just announced mandatory COVID vaccinations.

Best news I've heard in a while.

- mike
    I have never said that I "feel it justified to employ the force of government to obtain [my] objectives".

I'm over the moon that my PRIVATE company, which is a company based on (literally) rocket science, has availed itself of its ability to do business in a way that is supported by science. Not whatever it is you're trying to claim supports your opinions.

- mike
    Proudly un-offended.

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Images
    https://www.wlbt.com//app/2021/09/10...se-board-says/

Physicians who spread lies about COVID could lose license, board says

Member #
    Images
    CO latest is near 900 people in the hospital with covid. That doesn't tell anyone anything...as long as there's intentional, or even unintentional, misuse of basic english language people who actually paid attention in elementary school or went to a school that even taught basic english isn't ever going to be persuaded or convinced about covid and vaccines about covid. The pandemic peddlers can use all the hyped up scare tactics and mandates they want it still isn't going to persuade people who see their 2+2=7 arguments.

I'll bet you there are far more than 900 people in the hospital with advanced gingivitis but that, like "with covid", doesn't mean shit. So the new special use of the english language allows for one to qualify that advanced gingivitis is putting people in the hospital now. Yeah, that's why free thinking people are still skeptical of the proven agenda driven claims surrounding this virus.

Member #
    Images
    And it's also very telling when biden tells everyone he's making up these new mandates on businesses (but not USPS or teacher unions) because "the vaccinated must be protected from the unvaccinated". :LMAO: Yeah, that inspires confidence in the current vaccine offerings...not!

I feel like a few in this thread could learn a thing or two from these Herman Cain Award recipients

https://old.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/
    ****ing coward.
    Sweater
    Never play chess with a pigeon. The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over. Then craps all over the board. Then struts around like it won.

So two options it seems
    Get the vaccine
    Or get tested weekly....

so tough but mumble about muh freedumbs!

It is CRAZY that there are like 5 folks in here who are in the MINORITY IN REAL LIFE in almost EVERY believe in their life think they are "owning" people in here LOL

Or, rant about this repeatedly in a conservative safe space while everyone nods along with you so that you can feel like you're accomplishing something.

- mike

I hope you boycott Fox News!! They have a mandate!!!! GAH!!!
    Boycott these companies!!!!!
    They hate your freedom!!!!

https://fortune.com/2021/08/23/compa...ion-mandatory/

Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    And it's also very telling when biden tells everyone he's making up these new mandates on businesses (but not USPS or teacher unions) because "the vaccinated must be protected from the unvaccinated". :LMAO: Yeah, that inspires confidence in the current vaccine offerings...not!

Member #
    And it's also very telling when biden tells everyone he's making up these new mandates on businesses (but not USPS or teacher unions).......
    Dont forget the illegal aliens that are flooding in. They are also exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    To be fair, Mike has been clearly against .gov mandates. A proponent of the vax and even supportive of private companies making the vax compulsory. But not .gov.
    Well, shit.

Thank you.

- mike

Who gets to decide what are lies and what is truth?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BGDOG View Post
    It is CRAZY that there are like 5 folks in here who are in the MINORITY IN REAL LIFE in almost EVERY believe in their life think they are "owning" people in here LOL
    Being in the minority doesn't make you wrong.

In this case (and many others) 100% wrong

Just like this father and son were wrong about everything:

https://old.reddit.com/r/HermanCainA...son_found_out/

Being in the minority doesn't make you wrong.

Member #
    Images
    The "majority" of people are self absorbed, materialistically neurotic and broke with being only a couple paychecks from absolute financial devastation.
    Sounds like a great qualification people brag about belonging to

But being in the minority to reflect on both side's arguments at this point is an asset to determining the risk/reward balance in ones life.

In this case I bet you fall into the majority... reflect on that.

The "majority" of people are self absorbed, materialistically neurotic and broke with being only a couple paychecks from absolute financial devastation.
    Sounds like a great qualification people brag about belonging to

But being in the minority to reflect on both side's arguments at this point is an asset to determining the risk/reward balance in ones life.

After 43 hospitals turn away Alabama man who needed ICU bed, obituary urges COVID vaccines
    Hadley Hitson

He didn't have COVID but it killed him....

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...id/8272754002/

Quote Originally Posted by 1BGDOG View Post
    In this case (and many others) 100% wrong

Just like this father and son were wrong about everything:

https://old.reddit.com/r/HermanCainA...son_found_out/
    Again, your posts show your complete lack of basic comprehension for our constitutional republic.

Member #
    Images
    I can still remember clearly cuomo looking into the camera and stating: "What happened in N.Y. is what will to happen to you! If you get this YOU WILL DIE!!! And those were his emphasis'.

Polls have been done that show most people think the hospitalization rate from getting covid is upwards of 50%. I can't remember what that poll showed the publics belief of the death rate is but it was irrationally high (15% IIRC). With a death rate so small, and likely even smaller than reported since a large percentage of people never even know they had it, the exaggerations show a dishonesty for promotion of a narrative.
    Last edited by ASCTLC; September 12th, 2021 at 08:36 AM.

Tawnya has had it for a week now and lost sense of smell and taste yesterday. I started running a slight fever yesterday so I know if I was to go get tested I would show positive. We are not on our deathbeds by any means, just a sucky flu like mess to deal with.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Relevant because of how things are today. Even the one who shall remain nameless who is most prevalent in this thread was actively scoffing at Trumps prediction of a vaccine being released in a certain time frame.

From Fox News - Trump says Dems 'disparaged' COVID-19 vaccine while he was president: 'Now they wonder why' some are hesitant
    Trump says Dems 'disparaged' COVID-19 vaccine while he was president: 'Now they wonder why' some are hesitant

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ts-coronavirus

And then there is this from what we now have for a so called VP.

"I'll not roll up my sleeve for a vaccine from Trump".

From Fox News - Harris started ‘politicization’ of COVID-19 vaccines, Christie says
    Harris started ‘politicization’ of COVID-19 vaccines, Christie says

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/har...-christie-says

And you are who again???
    That's right.... on the wrong side of history.

Again, your posts show your complete lack of basic comprehension for our constitutional republic.

Member #
    So called vp harris says steps need to be taken to protect the vaccinated.

Ummmm what? I thought thats what the vaccine was supposed to do.

From Fox News - Kamala Harris questioned after announcing steps for ‘protecting the vaccinated’: ‘Doesn’t the vax do that?’
    Kamala Harris questioned after announcing steps for ‘protecting the vaccinated’: ‘Doesn’t the vax do that?’

https://www.foxnews.com/media/harris-vaccine-tweet