Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Images
    The flight came in a couple of days ago. Not sure what became of the passenger, but there was a notice sent out to the other passengers that the case was confirmed.
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

Member #
    Images
    So looking for things to do during this whole thing...anyone seen this flick yet? Worth renting maybe?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta...Ey8POnsmr_1_60
    This is my boom stick.

Member #
    A little birdie told me an announcement coming shortly

Member #
    Images
    Yeah its on 9News. Mayor Hancock is issuing a "stay at home" order because people need to be told common sense stuff. Like stay home during a freakin' viral epidemic.

Denver or whole state?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just Denver.

For today....
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Just Denver.

For today....
    The surrounding cities should be following suit pretty quickly. Liquor stores are insane right now. Other states allowed them to remain open, but as of right now, they have to close tomorrow at 5 in Denver as they have been classified as a non-essential business.

The shop that we operate out of is just one block outside Denver in Commerce City.

But the corporate offices are on Broadway - in Denver.

Payroll goes in on Tuesday afternoon, but my boss was getting it done today...he's never that efficient.

I think something's up....

Member #
    Images
    I've been following updates on Worldometer very closely.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

This country is NOT doing a good job of containing it. Based on China and S. Korea growth curves, we should start seeing the numbers taper off in 2-3 weeks. Until then, the exponential growth will continue. 10k+ new cases today, 9k+ new cases yesterday, 4800 the day before. Granted, we are testing a lot more now than we were a few days ago, so some of this could be testing-lag.

For those of you who missed it, I have been living this thing first hand since the first confirmed case in CO. From my real life experience, this is all blown waaaaayyyyyy out of proportion.

Evidence out now that 60% of infected don't know because symptoms are so mild. Natural immunity. Some evidence that this thing has gone around previously. It turns out it is very similar to the flu, and the other recent corona virus strains that have gone around in the last 10 years or so. But none of you lost your shit and collapsed the economy over any of them, you are being played as a fool.

Comparisons to Italy are apples to oranges. For starters they have the oldest population in EU, bad public sanitation, and almost all smoke, our demographics are very different. Everyone in Italy is blessed to have free public healthcare, we are lost poor souls who have a profit motive driven health care system, you're about to find out which one is superior.
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    As our President said and others including medical people are agreeing with now, "we can't let the cure be worse than the problem we are dealing with" and i agree with that 100% and it has been my stance since day one.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; March 23rd, 2020 at 07:00 PM.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    ...this is all blown waaaaayyyyyy out of proportion.
    I sincerely believe you would be hard pressed to find anyone who did not want or hope this to be the case.

I looked up a few articles on the 60% you mentioned and this one was fairly detailed in explaining why that is still not a really great reason to blow this off like it is any other flu.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00822-x

In the end people are gonna do what they are gonna do and whether it is right or wrong is all a matter of perception. Cheers.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by crashXJ View Post
    I sincerely believe you would be hard pressed to find anyone who did not want or hope this to be the case.

I looked up a few articles on the 60% you mentioned and this one was fairly detailed in explaining why that is still not a really great reason to blow this off like it is any other flu.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00822-x

In the end people are gonna do what they are gonna do and whether it is right or wrong is all a matter of perception. Cheers.
    I don't think anyone here is talking about just blowing it off. I know i don't want to catch it and am all about doing common sense things to try to keep from being exposed to it. What i don't agree with is completely wiping out the economy and potentially putting millions of people out of work.

With the amount of our money the government is throwing at it, it seems that they could have come up with buildings to use as safe houses so to speak and let older people with compromised immune systems hang out in them or something like that maybe, i dunno. Either way, it is going to run its course. The whole thing sucks.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Either way, it is going to run its course. The whole thing sucks.
    Effin' A right about that. I also agree on the economic side but at the same time what do we do? We are not China so we can't do like them and put up billion dollar triage hospitals in weeks heck it took years for that facility just off 287 to come online. The UCHealth hospital in Longmont went up surprisingly fast but was still easily a two year project.

One really smart idea IMO that I heard was from an ex-military logistics person. His idea since everything is closed anyway setup MASH style field hospitals in arenas or parks or whatever and have them act as triage for all non-C19 related things. Save the actual hospital beds for those that need them. It does not address the supply side problem but would at least help the "crowded house" aspect.

Member #
    Images
    Okay Italian Mayors going off on citizens and getting all Tony Soprano is some funny sh!t. The actual health crisis they and the world are facing is not but I can't help but laugh at this video.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/vi...-dodgers-video

Member #
    Images
    Saw a story bout an AZ couple who took an aquarium cleaner containing chloroquine (the chemical, not the drug) to prevent getting covid19. The woman is claiming Trump told everyone any form of chloroquine is safe to use. I'd say you can't fix stupid but then I'd be wrong in this case because this one takes "cleaning out the gene pool" to a whole new level.

Member #
    Images
    Does anyone see any where that there are more ventilators being sold and more people being trained to intubate etc?????

Seems like those two things should be the real focus if any of this is real and not just political

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Saw a story bout an AZ couple who took an aquarium cleaner containing chloroquine (the chemical, not the drug) to prevent getting covid19. The woman is claiming Trump told everyone any form of chloroquine is safe to use. I'd say you can't fix stupid but then I'd be wrong in this case because this one takes "cleaning out the gene pool" to a whole new level.
    Right?! Play stupid games win stupid prizes. For all the personal issues I have with Trump he absolutely did not say drink aquarium cleaner.

#TidePodGeneration

Member #
    Images
    Any Wagers on when Polis will shut down the state?
    Proudly un-offended.

Member #
    Images
    But in this case they weren't TidePodders, they were 61 & 68 year olds. Contrary to what the surviving wife claims, I can believe this has more to do with a FakeBook education than it does a Trump news conference.

Member #
    Images
    Agreed.

Member #
    Images
    I've had Fox News on in the background recently, right now on the Town Hall thing. Fox News seriously needs to fire some of their engineers. I'm amazed how often they cut off audio, broadcast the wrong camera, or have awkward silence when nobody knows who's supposed to be talking.

It's really annoying.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

One really smart idea IMO that I heard was from an ex-military logistics person. His idea since everything is closed anyway setup MASH style field hospitals in arenas or parks or whatever and have them act as triage for all non-C19 related things. Save the actual hospital beds for those that need them. It does not address the supply side problem but would at least help the "crowded house" aspect.
    Just got an email from our pastor, who got an email from the city to do something similar to this, although it is for first responders. One facility for those who have been known to be exposed and one for those who have not, but don't want to quarantine at home.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #

Member #

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Baaaaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha apparently my company bans the Chive but not much else
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

We are not China so we can't do like them and put up billion dollar triage hospitals in weeks
    Why not? They are talking about spending $2TT and that number climbs about $500BB every day

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Does anyone see any where that there are more ventilators being sold and more people being trained to intubate etc?????
    I know there is a campaign for people who own 3d printers to print out ventilators. About 2 weeks now

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Tri-County just announced stay at home orders effective tomorrow at 8am.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Tri-County just announced stay at home orders effective tomorrow at 8am.
    Well, a while ago, yeah. JeffCo too.

Member #

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneH View Post
    Well, a while ago, yeah. JeffCo too.
    Meant I just received official written notice.

Member #
    Images
    It's amazing how many people are out and about. And it was awesome driving by all the trailheads near Boulder. All were overflowing with parked cars, and mass amounts of people walking, running, and biking. Enough that you could easily see the congestion of people moving together. So much for social distancing.

Member #
    Images
    I love mountain biking, and my house is within riding distance of North Table Mountain. No way in hell I'm riding there right now. Maybe if I haul my ass out of bed very early.

Member #
    Images
    Yeah Longmont has been like that too although when I went for my bike ride today there were less people so that was good. All for peeps getting exercise and walking the doggos but now is not picnic basket time people. Hell I wouldn't mind a hike. It was really nice today but no I am not playing silly games to win silly prizes. Its not a holiday.

Member #
    Images
    Glad to see everyone is dying of boredom and nothing else.
    "Hello again. I see the assassins have failed."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryokeeXJ View Post
    Glad to see everyone is dying of boredom and nothing else.
    Hey, look at you go n stuff. Howdy Kim.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Hey, look at you go n stuff. Howdy Kim.
    I lurk more than you know.

Member #
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    https://youtu.be/TNktKRB3zso

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk