Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Images
    First potential case at my boys' high school announced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    If we get a "shelter in place" order, what are the penalties if you do not stay in place? What is considered essential? If a part of a security system breaks, would it be "alright" if a tech went out to fix it?
    What if you run out of beer and steak? Or even Toilet paper??
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc View Post
    What if you run out of beer and steak? Or even Toilet paper??
    None of that is essential. Repair/replace security entrace for a government complex seems a bit more important. But if I can get out of going next week???

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc View Post
    ...Or even Toilet paper??
    The current TP crisis shows we have far more assholes around than initially thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    break, fix, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    The current TP crisis shows we have far more assholes around than initially thought.
    That was a good LOL

None of that is essential. Repair/replace security entrace for a government complex seems a bit more important. But if I can get out of going next week???
    Agreed. My comments were in jest.

Seems my wife's clinic is setting up teams and eventually team Alpha will work a while, then team Bravo will relieve them.

Is John Elway the worst GM of all time?

WTF with these trades
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    RIP Kenny Rogers. 1938-2020

This seems appropriate for the life we are living today.

https://youtu.be/4M7c-JOnPdw
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

My office got sent home last week to work from home until 20 May, maybe longer.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Images
    Jesse Haines of JHF announced he has Covid-19. Guessing the portal kits might be slow to ship this month.

Member #
    Images
    And people wonder where this shit comes from... Warning: you probably don't want to watch this if you just ate breakfast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7OJYtRJY0k

Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    And people wonder where this shit comes from... Warning: you probably don't want to watch this if you just ate breakfast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7OJYtRJY0k

Member #

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Ha! We did that for farr fighter training one time except one team was in full hazmat blow up suits on air and the other team was in full bunker gear on air. It was a good exercise to practice conserving air for when you were on a structure farr and people had to fall out of the game as they ran out of air.

How did I do?

Member #
    Images
    ^^^ If it comes down to that or your fingers I think I'd chose the method that still lets me eat buffalo wings afterwards....

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    How did I do?

Left the weed killer in it so I could go for an all in one wash and wax too

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Left the weed killer in it so I could go for an all in one wash and wax too

I do appreciate your sense of humor

I do appreciate your sense of humor
    It's about the only sense I have left

I am going to have to stop reading the ****ery on the internet about this wuhan virus. I hope it's sooner rather than later that everyone realizes this is just the illness du jour, not really any worse than a dozen other bugs we face without panicking.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    I am going to have to stop reading the ****ery on the internet about this wuhan virus. I hope it's sooner rather than later that everyone realizes this is just the illness du jour, not really any worse than a dozen other bugs we face without panicking.
    Been saying this from the beginning and even if it is worse, its going to have to run its course one way or another. Pretty much everyone is going to eventually be exposed to it one way or another. You will either catch it or you won't and you will either kick the bucket or you won't.

Member #
    Images
    How it really works...

Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    Images
    Except that when we all go back outside it starts tight back up again. And has the same rate of spreading as it did prior to us wrecking our lives

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Except that when we all go back outside it starts tight back up again. And has the same rate of spreading as it did prior to us wrecking our lives
    It's giving Docs a chance to find a better way to treat the worst cases. Then it won't matter if it sweeps around.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Not for nothing but I think...oh...most of medical science...and Italy would disagree. Personally I hope you are proven right...but hope did jack shit for our great grandparents 100 years ago. And people reacted then just as you and others are now. Is it worth an all out panic? Hell no. Is it worth outright dismissal or flippant or casual responses? Also hell no. Listen to Fauci, Birx, the CDC and WHO and tune everyone else out. Everyone else has some sort of agenda.

Or tune it all out and simply listen to the "ground truth" from Doctors and Nurses in the hospitals. If you know some of those kind of folks like I do they will tell you much the same...don't freak out...but don't treat this like any other flu. It is not. And doing so may put people you care about at risk.

Sincerely hope no one I know catches this.
    This is my boom stick.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    RIP Kenny Rogers. 1938-2020
    RIP Kenny! I wasn't a big fan, but at least I would feel comfortable allowing my kids to listen to his music.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    It's giving Docs a chance to find a better way to treat the worst cases. Then it won't matter if it sweeps around.
    Very much this.

Member #
    Images
    I'm in rural WI about 25 min from Eau Claire. Goofy thing is about the time panic buying started was also the time we needed a normal shopping trip & had to go to 4 stores to find TP. Normally we keep a pretty good stock of food, however stock was low & I ended up looking like one of those hoarders. To complicate things all 3 of my kids were recently diagnosed with Celiac so it takes me 3x longer to shop as Im trying to figure out if Van Camps Pork & Beans (a favorite of one) is gluten free. FYI its not & now I have 8 cans I cant return.

This social distancing is something we do normally during the winter as I don't have an immune system & my wife is currently super sick being pregnant. We home school & eve n limit seeing family during winter. This year we only got sick 2x due to not being around anyone. Since my wife has been so sick (which is normal for her pregnancies) I usually do all the shopping. Last week when shopping i had gloves on the entire time & didn't touch my phone unless I took a glove off & replaced it. I haven't seen any crazies in the stores but stores are pretty limited in what they had. I was in Woodmans who had a system for checkout. You got into a single file line that went back from registers along front of store then turned a corner to go along side of store towards the back then turned & followed the back of store. It was almost 3/4 of a square when I started but only took 13 min to get to a register.

Friday I was told by my Dr due to having a compromised immune system (along with Type 1 diabetes) I shouldn't go to work for at least 4 weeks. I don't have a work form home option yet unless my boss makes a few minor changes I might not be getting a paycheck. Supposed to hear today what he can figure out. In the mean time since we have most the groceries we need, Ill probably head to Menards to pick up supplies for some honey does. I ordered most of it online so won't actually go into the store, just the lumber yard.. We had an early spring so Ill be getting a bunch of outside stuff done ahead of time.
    Restored 1974 CJ5 with some stuff. Need help to add some more stuff. Any takers?

Member #
    Images
    ^^^I love that part of Wisco. Hope your employer can figure out how to accommodate. No reported cases in the U.P. as of yet but since the majority of folks that live up there are on the older end of the scale many locals are taking it very seriously but some not so much.

Member #
    Images
    I'm from the UP. Been monitoring conditions there since I have a lot of friends and family there. 2 cases that I know of. One was a passenger on a plane from Canada, I believe. That might be the only confirmed case. The other one was presumptive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images
    I am from Munising and talked to family yesterday. I checked the map at the Detroit Free Press site and as of yesterday morning there were no reported cases in the 'yoop.' Did that change today?

ETA: Michigan and Indiana just ordered 'shelter-in-place' for both states.

Holcomb is asking "Hoosiers to hunker down."
    Last edited by crashXJ; March 23rd, 2020 at 11:35 AM.