Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Images
    I have several projects in SF bay area, all are closing down for 3 weeks. I might actually get some time to start working on some other projects
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    I read on another forum that San Francisco will be under "shelter in place" rule, if not already.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

Member #
    Images
    We are heading for that here... No way im letting it happen

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Just got back from helping my wife clear out her office at work. She is an engineer for the State of Colorado. She had a meeting yesterday outlining the details of having her employees work from home for at least the next 3 weeks. She is now in the process of setting up her home office and trying to deal.with all the issues of having her and her employees work from home.

Been hearing from a lot of friends who are stressing about having to take time off of work to care for their kids who aren't in school. Wish there was more to help than just offering an ear, and anything else that they may need.

Member #
    Twas the night before quarantine
    And all through the state
    The restaurants and bars closed
    Via government mandate

Member #

Member #

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Coronavirus doesn't kill kids, that parent kills kids.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #

Member #

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Just got back from helping my wife clear out her office at work. She is an engineer for the State of Colorado. She had a meeting yesterday outlining the details of having her employees work from home for at least the next 3 weeks. She is now in the process of setting up her home office and trying to deal.with all the issues of having her and her employees work from home.

Been hearing from a lot of friends who are stressing about having to take time off of work to care for their kids who aren't in school. Wish there was more to help than just offering an ear, and anything else that they may need.
    Acute stress is likely to amplify suffering the affects of illness Cold/Flu/Coronavirus as anything. Having learned so much about the affects stress has on one's immune system has really opened my eyes to it.

I used to get sick every time I went out on a project. Long hours, not nearly enough sleep, high stress, and poor nutrition...sick by the end of a 1 week trip virtually every damned time. Chronic stress raises cortisol levels which overwhelms the immune system (amongst other things) trying to repair the body.

When I hear younger health professionals having succumbed to this current virus my mind immediately thinks it's the long stressful hours weighing their body's ability to keep up, then being hammered by the virus while they're in that pre-weakened state.

Member #
    Images
    Three days into WFH. Its kinda nice TBH. Went to the store early this AM and saw one guy walking out with 3x24 rolls of TP. So I beat feet inside to the aisle and bought...one...all of one thing of TP. There was a very limited supply so I tried to think of those who also need. What little TP that was there was gone in the next ten minutes. Saw several walking around with several piled into their cart.
    People are creating a self fulfilling prophecy with all this mania. Friend of mine told me one of her friends got one of the last bottles of hand sanitizer at a Walgreens. Some rando lady runs up and snatches it out of her basket, friend of friend drops basket and goes to grab the sanitizer back and old hag bit her dead on the hand and booked with the sanitizer screaming she needed it more. I saw a pic of a Canadian couple supposedly selling the Lysol wipes for $20 a package. I have seen some people at the stores going overboard IMO but haven't seen any violence or whatever myself. Saw some mean ass stares towards those guys with a bunch of TP tho in the checkout lol.
    This is my boom stick.

Member #
    Images
    People are funny

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    People are funny
    Some are.... A lot of them are not though

Member #
    Images
    A tower at Chicago's Midway airport closed after several air traffic controllers tested positive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Man With The Plan; March 17th, 2020 at 10:25 PM.

My brother who works for ConocoPhillips says that their corporate concern is when (not if) air travel is suspended how that affects them and the global energy business. Airlines are one of the largest, if not the largest, consumer of fuel in the world.

Ripple effect of this pandemic is beyond huge.
    '96 Grand Cherokee with stuff done to it.

Member #
    All in....

Member #
    Images
    Salt lake just closed their airport due to an earthquake.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Salt lake just closed their airport due to an earthquake.
    Yup, broken water line.

Member #
    Life right now is being written by a 4th grader....

"And there was this virus and everyone was scared... and then the world ran out of toilet paper .... yeah and all the sports got cancelled and there was no school for like a month ... and also the city of salt had an earthquake ... and then it snowed..."

Member #
    As a SLC resident (7 months on now) i felt my first EQ ever. lived in NorCal for 3 yrs, PNW 2 yrs, never a shake. apparently i was driving into work and the 5.7 happened-- didn't feel a thing-- one, roads here suck balls - 2, focused on closing up shop and getting all my folks to WAH.

I did feel the 4.4 after shock-- window in my office creaked and then it was like being on a boat with a little swell.

No one hurt in our agency- but on top of COVID 19 people are strung TIGHT!.

Stores are still whack-o, streets are empty, restaurants are only open for delivery or take out. Most of our NG/Reserve folks are getting prepared, they have received warning orders.

stock market is making me ill. ready for a vacation Whoops a STAYcation
    Metalhed
    Rock on Dude

Member #
    Just got the email that Cherry Creek schools won't return until April 30 .... Governor mandate so it will be all the schools....

Member #
    Images
    Life right now is being written by a 4th grader....

"And there was this virus and everyone was scared... and then the world ran out of toilet paper .... yeah and all the sports got cancelled and there was no school for like a month ... and also the city of salt had an earthquake ... and then it snowed..."

Just got the email that Cherry Creek schools won't return until April 30 .... Governor mandate so it will be all the schools....
    April 17, but everyone knows CC is a bunch of over achievers :fangerz:
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

So if I am understanding the experts correctly, 95% of the people who get this (50% of the population) have no reason for any more concern than they would with a cold or the flu and need no medical attention. We have shut down the entire country and crippled the economy because 2.5% couldn't self isolate. Makes a lot of fawking sense. Assholes

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    April 17, but everyone knows CC is a bunch of over achievers :fangerz:
    Nope, a total mis-type on my part ... It's April 20 for the return..

my bad....

April 6 for mine, online now if course.... so this will be interesting

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    So if I am understanding the experts correctly, 95% of the people who get this (50% of the population) have no reason for any more concern than they would with a cold or the flu and need no medical attention. We have shut down the entire country and crippled the economy because 2.5% couldn't self isolate. Makes a lot of fawking sense. Assholes
    Complete and total idiots.... Im speaking more of the rulers of course.

All we are doing by shutting down businesses which will end in lots of them going out of business, as well as putting Americas work force out of work etc is delaying the inevitable. The virus is going to run its course one way or another.

We would have been a lot better off to just practice COMMON SENSE precautions and protect the old and others who are more subject to have a fatal end from it. Every time one state closes a venue, the next state wants to up the auntie to show that they are doing more to the point that the majority of the country is shut down. I dont want people to die but they do each and every day from all sorts of reasons and i just dont think this is being handles correctly.....at all.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; March 19th, 2020 at 04:57 AM.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post

All we are doing by shutting down businesses which will end in lots of them going out of business, as well as putting Americas work force out of work etc is delaying the inevitable. The virus is going to run its course one way or another.

We would have been a lot better off to just practice COMMON SENSE precautions and protect the old and others who are more subject to have a fatal end from it. Every time one state closes a venue, the next state wants to up the auntie to show that they are doing more to the point that the majority of the country is shut down. I dont want people to die but they do each and every day from all sorts of reasons and i just dont think this is being handles correctly.....at all.
    We are postponing deaths by trading deaths from Covid-19 for future deaths from the effects of economic depression/collapse. Kinda like we do with federal debt.
    Proudly un-offended.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post

I agree with you 10000000%

There is an graphic circulating comparing the Italy infection rate to the US, as my morning looks slow, im going to find it and put some population context to it. The media is sensationalizing everything, like this, and using it to blow the situation way out of proportion.

I did find this interesting though
    https://kdvr.com/news/colorado-healt...ime-of-7-days/

Member #
    While walking by the TV in the showroom yesterday, i caught some idiot say that this was going to last 18 months and that there would definitely be food and supply shortages. I am not sure but I think it was New Yorks Andrew Cuomo. This is exactly the kind of fear-mongering BS that should not be being spread by government officials.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    We are postponing deaths by trading deaths from Covid-19 for future deaths from the effects of economic depression/collapse. Kinda like we do with federal debt.
    Perty much

Aside from the mandates, of WFH and Homeschooling, we are trying to stay out of the public as much as possible. Trying to keep the kids in a routine as best we can, but we generally fly thru their work well before lunch. I've been on WFH status since 2008 so no affect for me, but my wife, also a .gov employee has been told to work from home...she's a dentist LOL! But she's mostly managing things and doesn't see patients on a daily basis anyway. We are concerned about our upcoming PCS tho...as our house is sold; closes early April and so far we are to report in Minot early June. Then there is some sort of week-long training course that will be rescheduled, a funeral in CO to attend, and moving on base temporarily and then to ND, all before early June. Should be fun!

Oh and it was poor timing on my part to load all my shed and garage stuff into U-boxes and get them headed north as now I can't even work on other projects. :banghead:

I agree in that this has mostly been mishandled and blown out of proportion. I know of people who got laid off and businesses closing, likely permanently. As stated earlier, I doubt we are going to stop this virus. We are simply delaying it's spread. Doubt the cost to the American people will be worth it.

In other news, this is as busy as this 4x4 board has been in months!!
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

I would like to point out that all this stupidity started right after we switched to daylight saving time. Cause and effect, I think so.

Member #
    Pssssssssst... it's an election year!!!! "Let no crisis go to waste" Ring a bell?

Last edited by DaleD; March 19th, 2020 at 06:37 PM.

Member #
    I would like to point out that all this stupidity started right after we switched to daylight saving time. Cause and effect, I think so.
    You take that back! You take that back right now! DST is fawesomeness!

Member #
    azzhats be stirring up fear and feeding the frenzy to keep the agenda alive of making the sheeple dependent on the gov...

Saw 3 governors on the news last night all complaining about lack of leadership at federal level, twisting the Prez' statement about getting medical supplies and advising them to (my words) "don't wait on the fed ... take steps yourself".

If the Fed was shoving something down their throats that they disagreed with, these same azzhats would be screaming about STATE'S RIGHTS!!!!

Member #
    Images
    Looks like I might be getting a vacation.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Good thing I got the hairs cut a week or so ago.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    If we get a "shelter in place" order, what are the penalties if you do not stay in place? What is considered essential? If a part of a security system breaks, would it be "alright" if a tech went out to fix it?