Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member #
    Gunna go see if I can find the Agilator again tomorrow
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Gunna go see if I can find the Agilator again tomorrow
    Does it have the cure?
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Imagine if 10 years ago you were approached by a time traveler and he was like "look, I don't have much time to explain, all I can tell you is that the year 2020 is going to be an absolute dumpster fire.

You know Donald Trump, the star of the apprentice? Well he's the president of the United States and at the beginning of 2020 he gets into a Twitter fight with Iran that almost starts world war 3.

Australia catches on fire and a woman tries to save it by selling pictures of her boobs.

Kobe Bryant passes away in a helicopter crash. Half the world is devasted, the other half just makes messed up memes.

A little time passes and just when the world starts recovering from the loss of Kobe some dude in China eats a raw bat and starts a global pandemic that specifically kills maw maw's and paw paws. Everyone loses their minds. 40% of the population thinks it's the end of the world another 40% thinks it's all fake and 20% blames the whole thing on cell phone towers and Tom Hanks kids.

The one thing everyone seems to agree on is that the only way to survive is by hoarding toilet paper. Grocery stores are ransacked and Charmin ultra soft essentially replaces the dollar as the United States official currency.

Eventually as hysteria grows, world governments are forced to shut the entire planet down and lock everyone in their houses and the only person that can keep the people from completely flipping out and starting a worldwide riot is a gun toting, mullet sporting, homosexual, Oklahoma man with a meth addiction and 180 pet tigers..."

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Eventually as hysteria grows, world governments are forced to shut the entire planet down and lock everyone in their houses and the only person that can keep the people from completely flipping out and starting a worldwide riot is a gun toting, mullet sporting, homosexual, Oklahoma man with a meth addiction and 180 pet tigers..."
    On one of the work chat channels someone was talking about that show on Netflix lol
    This is my boom stick.

Member #
    Images
    Imagine if 10 years ago you were approached by a time traveler and he was like "look, I don't have much time to explain, all I can tell you is that the year 2020 is going to be an absolute dumpster fire.

You know Donald Trump, the star of the apprentice? Well he's the president of the United States and at the beginning of 2020 he gets into a Twitter fight with Iran that almost starts world war 3.

Australia catches on fire and a woman tries to save it by selling pictures of her boobs.

Kobe Bryant passes away in a helicopter crash. Half the world is devasted, the other half just makes messed up memes.

A little time passes and just when the world starts recovering from the loss of Kobe some dude in China eats a raw bat and starts a global pandemic that specifically kills maw maw's and paw paws. Everyone loses their minds. 40% of the population thinks it's the end of the world another 40% thinks it's all fake and 20% blames the whole thing on cell phone towers and Tom Hanks kids.

The one thing everyone seems to agree on is that the only way to survive is by hoarding toilet paper. Grocery stores are ransacked and Charmin ultra soft essentially replaces the dollar as the United States official currency.

"Hello again. I see the assassins have failed."

Member #
    Joe Exotic for the freak show win, lulz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by crashXJ View Post
    Lulz!

Member #
    I guess in a different kinda way, March Madness still happened

Member #
    Images
    A question for the lawyers, constitutionalists, and anyone who knows the law better than I:

Are what the cities, counties, and States doing by mandating the public stay at home, legal under our US constitution?

And if not, are they not just setting themselves up for being sued by those who lose their jobs, the self employed, and those business owners who lost their businesses over this?

Member #
    Images
    We are on pace to surpass China in the total number of cases by tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

Member #
    Images
    I am all but certain this will come to bear eventually. On the one hand it seems at the surface to go against the 1st Amendment right to peaceably assemble. On the other hand states have police powers under the U.S. Constitution that give them authority to protect public health, safety, and welfare. So it will be an interesting academic debate at some point when all this blows over if not sooner.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post

Reported cases

Member #
    Images

As far as we know...

There are still reports the deaths continue, they're chucking the bodies into an incinerator to dispose of them.

Member #
    Images
    True. Who knows what is really going on in China.

Member #
    Images
    http://dlvr.it/RSc99W

Reported cases

And on all sides they're only reported if you have severe enough symptoms to warrant testing. I suspect a bunch of people with mild symptoms will never be counted because of the cough/fever/high risk requirements to even get tested
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    And on all sides they're only reported if you have severe enough symptoms to warrant testing. I suspect a bunch of people with mild symptoms will never be counted because of the cough/fever/high risk requirements to even get tested
    This is true. There is no way they can end up with close to an accurate count on this just like they never have an accurate count of people who get the flu every year because a lot of people who get the flu don't even go to the doctor.

Member #
    Images
    I heard some medical folks talking just about that today and their ask was that anyone...anyone who does not feel well speak up. Come up with a timeline and figure who you were in contact with and where. Even the other day during one of the WH daily pressers I believe Birx mentioned something about a protocol for self-sampling and dropping off curbside with the local hospital for testing.

You almost gotta figure that if/when a vaccine is made available everyone is going to have to get it. Which of course will spark a new round of deep state theories or cause some anti-vaxers to get all riled up. 2020...year of the dumpster fire.

I heard some medical folks talking just about that today and their ask was that anyone...anyone who does not feel well speak up. Come up with a timeline and figure who you were in contact with and where. Even the other day during one of the WH daily pressers I believe Birx mentioned something about a protocol for self-sampling and dropping off curbside with the local hospital for testing.
    It's worth taking note of those things, especially when people who DO test positive don't isolate and continue to go out, party, etc

I heard from someone in healthcare that they were sending people home with 2 weeks of antibiotics and instructions to isolate if you came into the clinic with moderate symptoms but weren't bad enough to be tested...probably gonna create some more issues with that one too

You almost gotta figure that if/when a vaccine is made available everyone is going to have to get it. Which of course will spark a new round of deep state theories or cause some anti-vaxers to get all riled up. 2020...year of the dumpster fire.
    Yeah, it will be a shit show for years to come I bet. People who won't/don't get the vaccine will continue to cause outbreaks for years to come the same way we are starting to get measles outbreaks again

Member #
    ...anyone who does not feel well speak up. Come up with a timeline and figure who you were in contact with and where.
    That's virtually impossible. We feel fairly confident if we get it, it was via King Soopers, Whole Foods, or Tony's meats. Not everyone abides by the social distancing standards in place, and in crowded aisles it's impossible... People grab product/produce and put it back on the shelf, etc... I did see Whole Foods doing a great job with an implemented system of sanitizing grocery carts this past weekend.

Member #
    Images
    I am all but certain this will come to bear eventually. On the one hand it seems at the surface to go against the 1st Amendment right to peaceably assemble. On the other hand states have police powers under the U.S. Constitution that give them authority to protect public health, safety, and welfare. So it will be an interesting academic debate at some point when all this blows over if not sooner.

But,.... Public health etc. Does not trump liberty... Thats the one that is going to come up and work through eother the court or congress so that there is a ruling on it for "next time"

A question for the lawyers, constitutionalists, and anyone who knows the law better than I:

Are what the cities, counties, and States doing by mandating the public stay at home, legal under our US constitution?

And if not, are they not just setting themselves up for being sued by those who lose their jobs, the self employed, and those business owners who lost their businesses over this?
    Short answer: probably not.

Because there are statutes/ordinances that say they can, they have a pretty good defense that they were "following the law."

Here's a good read: https://i2i.org/denvers-covid-19-hou...onstitutional/
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    I heard from someone in healthcare that they were sending people home with 2 weeks of antibiotics and instructions to isolate if you came into the clinic with moderate symptoms but weren't bad enough to be tested...probably gonna create some more issues with that one too
    That is beyond silly. That is closer to completely irresponsible. Why would this "someone in health care" be sending people who had symptoms of the corona VIRUS home with 2 weeks of antibiotics when antibiotics only treat bacterial infections and do absolutely nothing to fight a viral infection.

Things that make you go hmmmmm......

Member #
    Images
    It's probably for the pneumonia that comes on as a result of the virus.

Member #
    It's probably for the pneumonia that comes on as a result of the virus.

Ok, well there is bacterial pneumonia and there is viral pneumonia and i have no idea but i would assume that if a virus is what you have then you might end up with viral pneumonia in which case, again....antibiotics will do nothing.

Either way, if what you are assuming is true, its still highly irresponsible to just dole out antibiotics for something that "might" come along. Overuse of antibiotics ends up having an adverse affect on your body but it seems thats the universal answer in the health care system.

Meh.... I dont know what you have and ive already spent 2 minutes looking at your ears and throat. Here is you a prescription for some antibiotics...

Member #
    I did some google'n and saw that some who have pneumonia are being given antibiotics in cases where it cant be determined if the pneumonia is viral or bacterial but just doling out prescription meds for something that might happen still seems irresponsible and dangerous to me.

Turkey soup is made and ready

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post

Does turkey soup kill the lil coronas? I guess it should work as good as antibiotics anyway.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Does turkey soup kill the lil coronas? I guess it should work as good as antibiotics anyway.
    It does if you throw in a handful of Carolina Reaper peppers.

#ChaosAgent2020

Member #

Door-dash that shtuff here

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    So I didn't really think about the door dash thing until last night. I stopped at BJ's to grab dinner for everyone ( I also found out that if you buy the beer to go, you can't drink it there while you wait for your food.... major bummer). As I was tipping, I realized that you don't really have an option to tip the actual restaurant through door dash, not that the dasher shouldn't get a tip too, but you don't really help the people working at the restaurant as much if you order delivery.

Something to think about as we are all trying to help each other out right now.
    hookers and blow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Would you like the apple pie I made as well ???

It does if you throw in a handful of Carolina Reaper peppers.

#ChaosAgent2020
    I did add jalapenos. I am giving it the same healing properties as chicken soup. At the very least it is sick people comfort food. Don't know any sickos. I'll probably freeze some... or maybe can it just in case

Member #
    Would you like the apple pie I made as well ???

Don't wanna seem greedy, so just half of it please.

https://youtu.be/7lx83EH4BjU

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

This is the way I'm feeling about the whole thing. FWIW I'm 68 and have afib.
    https://theaspenbeat.com/2020/03/25/...ountry-for-me/
    I started with nothing, and I've got most of it left.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SamFromCO View Post
    This is the way I'm feeling about the whole thing. FWIW I'm 68 and have afib.
    https://theaspenbeat.com/2020/03/25/...ountry-for-me/
    What an awesomely-written article.... Thanks for sharing!

I'm a pretty healthy 48, but share the same view....

I'm not on social media, but I forwarded that link to a couple of folks who might give it a wider audience than I ever could