Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 280 of 546
  1. #241
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    Shit just got real for my family. My mom lives in Manhattan. Confirmed case in her building...with one elevator for all the residents. She's 72, lives alone, and has had a minor, but stubborn respiratory issue for the past year. My sister lives kinda' close, but can't travel to the city.
    Just now actually reading through this thread. Dealing with the same situation. Had enough supplies delivered for 2-3 weeks, but she's still venturing out. Old people can be stubborn. Hope you're having better luck than me on that front.

  3. #243
    The Man With The Plan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arvada, Crawlorado
    Member #
    58
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Just now actually reading through this thread. Dealing with the same situation. Had enough supplies delivered for 2-3 weeks, but she's still venturing out. Old people can be stubborn. Hope you're having better luck than me on that front.
    Yeah, she's staying in. I can tell she's worried though.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

  4. #244
    From the people that brought you childrens toys with lead paint, hoverboards that burst into flames and burn down houses, dog food that kills your dog, and tools that break the first time you use them comes the latest big thing, Covid-19!!! Get yours today!
    I started with nothing, and I've got most of it left.

  5. #245
    crashXJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mile High - Section 115
    Member #
    18126
    Images
    21
    This is my boom stick.

  6. #246
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    According to current info:

    US has 327 million people, 145,000 confirmed cases and 2100 deaths

    And it takes the full population of France, Italy, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom, and Switzerland to meet (328million) our population, yet they have 325,000 confirmed cases and 23,026 deaths.

    So, remind me why many media outlets, and of course hillary, are celebrating the US having the most cases of any country in the world?

    One can tell Trump and his team are succeeding by how much louder the people who hate him are screaming in their effort to drown out that message.

  7. #247
    Dave McDonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Closer to heaven than most
    Member #
    2824
    Images
    51
    I want to find that site that tracks cell phones that I've seen regarding the Ft Lauderdale spring breakers travelling back home.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

  8. #248
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    And when this is all said and done we're going to get a god view of our healthcare system's effectiveness against Europe's social medicine.

    I think it's already showing. They currently have 2.25x more cases yet have more than 10x more deaths than we do.

  9. #249
    The Man With The Plan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arvada, Crawlorado
    Member #
    58
    Images
    8
    To be fair, China (Communist/Socialist) has far more people, far fewer cases of Covid, and far fewer deaths per capita than the US. If we can assume they are reporting accurately.

    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    I want to find that site that tracks cell phones that I've seen regarding the Ft Lauderdale spring breakers travelling back home.
    Saw a news story about a dad that wouldn't let his son that was on spring break back into the family home. Told him to go to his off-campus apartment. The kid is wondering what he should do when his lease expires the end of May.

    I applaud the dad in this situation.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/ny-dad...virus-pandemic
    Last edited by Ken L; March 30th, 2020 at 11:48 AM. Reason: forgot link
    '96 Grand Cherokee with stuff done to it.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    To be fair, China (Communist/Socialist) has far more people, far fewer cases of Covid, and far fewer deaths per capita than the US. If we can assume they are reporting accurately.

    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Also saw something on this on the news. The article said that China is way underreporting deaths because they're throwing the bodies right in the crematoriums.

    https://www.foxnews.com/world/wuhan-...na-dont-add-up

  12. #252
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    To be fair, China (Communist/Socialist) has far more people, far fewer cases of Covid, and far fewer deaths per capita than the US. If we can assume they are reporting accurately.

    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Chinese numbers can't be compared against anything. I intentionally ignore chinese numbers because they have been proven to falsify numbers, whether those numbers are economical or health. While it's a matter of how false, which no one but they can quantify, it's not questioned that they are false. North Korea is even more simple to figure out, they claim to have no cases of this

  13. #253
    Oscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Haines City Florida
    Member #
    3575
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    To be fair, China (Communist/Socialist) has far more people, far fewer cases of Covid, and far fewer deaths per capita than the US. If we can assume they are reporting accurately.

    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Yea like they are ever honest
    Wandering in the wilderness.

  14. #254
    crashXJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mile High - Section 115
    Member #
    18126
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    So, remind me why many media outlets, and of course hillary, are celebrating the US having the most cases of any country in the world?
    Can I get some actual rather anecdotal evidence of the above? Celebration? I don't see anyone celebrating this whether it be CNN Or Fox News.

    Now I hear a whole lotta "poor me everyone hates me" from Trump but thats nothing new. I mean he is on tape playing this whole thing down for months before taking it seriously. Now that he is taking it seriously I give him all due credit. It took a bit but he did come around and is now going full gusto to get C19 response sorted out. I do think he needs to stop being so overly optimistic about the potential timeline but if he and his supporters want to go all Darwin I'm super into it.

    I somehow suspect the only evidence presented will be no more celebratory than Fox 31 reporting on a hit and run overnight.

    FWIW I am in no way a fan of Hillary or Dems even though I am critical of Trump and Pence. I am an equal opportunity hater.

  15. #255
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    690
    I might make myself a non-essential worker here pretty quick. 3 of my metal suppliers are closed till at least April 10th. Makes it hard to produce metal products without metal.

  16. #256
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    [QUOTE=crashXJ;2479416]Can I get some actual rather anecdotal evidence of the above? Celebration? I don't see anyone celebrating this whether it be CNN Or Fox News.
    /QUOTE]

    Hillary tweeted "He did promise America First" referring to the US having the most number of confirmed covid cases. And some commentators are parroting that same with what I saw with a disgusting smugness as they said it. That statement has no purpose other than to gloat that we've reached that number. Zero, zip, nada purpose other than that. Smugly trying to hang that around Trumps neck in such a negative way is easily what I call celebrating.

  17. #257
    crashXJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mile High - Section 115
    Member #
    18126
    Images
    21
    Perhaps. I see that more as snark and ridicule myself. The dude did pretty loudly state for 60 plus days it was not a big deal at all. He has to expect some backlash from those statements. Now all that aside that is a freakin' awful thing to tweet and her approach to this is precisely why I don't now nor never did like Hillary. As if that kind of sarcasm is what we need at the moment.

  18. #258
    The Man With The Plan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arvada, Crawlorado
    Member #
    58
    Images
    8
    The number of new cases in the US is beginning to slow. Last few days have been right around 20k new cases per day. That might be a sign we are transitioning out of the exponential growth. It could also mean our testing capacity has caught up to the rate of infection.

    Or, it could simply be an outlier that can be ignored.

    IMHO, it's light at the end of the tunnel. Might be a long tunnel. If I'm right, it could mean all our social distancing efforts are working.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  19. #259
    crashXJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mile High - Section 115
    Member #
    18126
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    IMHO, it's light at the end of the tunnel. Might be a long tunnel. If I'm right, it could mean all our social distancing efforts are working.
    I think we all hope you are right.

  20. #260
    newracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Timnath, CO
    Member #
    10010
    Images
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    The number of new cases in the US is beginning to slow. Last few days have been right around 20k new cases per day. That might be a sign we are transitioning out of the exponential growth. It could also mean our testing capacity has caught up to the rate of infection.

    Or, it could simply be an outlier that can be ignored.

    IMHO, it's light at the end of the tunnel. Might be a long tunnel. If I'm right, it could mean all our social distancing efforts are working.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    They are expecting the peak in CO to be April 17th.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

  21. #261
    newracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Timnath, CO
    Member #
    10010
    Images
    29
    Interesting website, you can see the situation in different states.

    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

  22. #262
    I hope brake cleaner kills COVID otherwise I will have been huffing it for no reason
    break, fix, repeat

  23. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    The number of new cases in the US is beginning to slow. Last few days have been right around 20k new cases per day. That might be a sign we are transitioning out of the exponential growth. It could also mean our testing capacity has caught up to the rate of infection.

    Or, it could simply be an outlier that can be ignored.

    IMHO, it's light at the end of the tunnel. Might be a long tunnel. If I'm right, it could mean all our social distancing efforts are working.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by crashXJ View Post
    I think we all hope you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    They are expecting the peak in CO to be April 17th.
    reminded me of this quote

    A successful shelter in place means that you will feel like it was all for nothing. And you would be right. Because “nothing” means that nothing happened to your family and that's what we are going for here.
    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...peech/2241815/

  24. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I hope brake cleaner kills COVID otherwise I will have been huffing it for no reason
    You're supposed to weld right after you spray to get the full effect. Or there is always pool chemicals...
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

  25. #265
    RIP

    https://www.9news.com/article/money/...a-03c0e7e251e7

    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

  26. #266
    DaleD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    14519
    Quote Originally Posted by crashXJ View Post
    Can I get some actual rather anecdotal evidence of the above? Celebration? I don't see anyone celebrating this whether it be CNN Or Fox News.

    Now I hear a whole lotta "poor me everyone hates me" from Trump but thats nothing new. I mean he is on tape playing this whole thing down for months before taking it seriously.

    Yet he was shutting off any thing China months before you or me had even heard of this crap..


    Now that he is taking it seriously I give him all due credit. It took a bit but he did come around

    Not sure where you get your info but I truly believe you are wrong.

    and is now going full gusto to get C19 response sorted out.

    Like Odipshit did with the Swine flu?

    FWIW I am in no way a fan of Hillary or Dems even though I am critical of Trump and Pence.

    Sure about that?

    I am an equal opportunity hater.
    I doubt that last part..

  27. #267


    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

  28. #268
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    I want a map like this but more in the flavor of a predator map, so you can see where the people actually live that have been confirmed. That way we can avoid those areas. I was bummed when i zoomed in that it was just the middle of every county.
    hookers and blow!

  29. #269
    crashXJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mile High - Section 115
    Member #
    18126
    Images
    21
    I love me some Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast but this one in particular is full of win!

    https://billburr.com/monday-morning-...odcast-3-30-20

  30. #270
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Just saw on the morning news that Amazon is sold out of Flowbies

  31. #271
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Just saw on the morning news that Amazon is sold out of Flowbies
    Dang it! I was just fixin' to order mine.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  32. #272

  33. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Dang it! I was just fixin' to order mine.

    wait, you still have hair?

  34. #274
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    wait, you still have hair?
    Yup. Not only do i still have hair on my head but i have it in my ears and nose as well.

  35. #275
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Yup. Not only do i still have hair on my head but i have it in my ears and nose as well.
    Caterpillar eyebrows?

  36. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Caterpillar eyebrows?


    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

  37. #277
    The Man With The Plan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arvada, Crawlorado
    Member #
    58
    Images
    8
    Better than a uni-brow

  38. #278
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Caterpillar eyebrows?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    Better than a uni-brow
    I have prevented the uni-brow so far.

  39. #279
    newracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Timnath, CO
    Member #
    10010
    Images
    29

  40. #280


    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •