Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1118
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepWheelin02 View Post
    Sweater, since your stance seems to only care about the number of COVID deaths. Does that number matter, when the "cure" that has been forced on the population, has taken even more lives?

Suicide, domestic violence, and drug deaths have surged way beyond normal levels because of COVID procedures. The deaths combined make the deaths from COVID look like small potatoes. But I suppose it's ok that these people are dying because they aren't dying from COVID right?
    This, just heard of another friend that committed suicide 2 weeks ago. He worked as a bartender and really thrived off of the social interaction that it gave him. The second round of shutdowns pushed him to the point where he couldn't handle it anymore.

What ever happened to our ability to give people guidance on something and expect that they have the ability to make the best decision for themselves based on that? Why is there the need for the government to be the ones to tell us what common sense we need to use? I am all about information, but you give the dictionary to 2 different people and they are going to find different words in the exact same book.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Some of y’all take this anonymous Internet forum stuff WAY too serious.
    Very true ... It's probably a good thing that we all have fake screen names to isolate our true iden....ti.....

Wait..... What?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Very true ... It's probably a good thing that we all have fake screen names to isolate our true iden....ti.....

Wait..... What?

Dumba$$.

From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by SamFromCO View Post
    The World Health Organization said:

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in Wuhan, China.”

W.H.O. chief Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who is not a medical doctor, has not been impeached.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...-transmission/
    In other news, Nancy Pelosi hasn't called on Ji Jinping to resign.
    I started with nothing, and I've got most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    This, just heard of another friend that committed suicide 2 weeks ago
    I am truly, honestly sorry to hear that.

I wish that American Healthcare put much, much more of a priority on mental health than it currently does. We've spent several thousand dollars out of pocket on mental health over the last few years purely to keep ourselves as healthy as possible, and my ability to reach out for help when things started shutting down was key to how my wife and I have been able to get through so much of this for ourselves and our children.

I wish your friend could have had that help, and that that help would have prevented his death.

- mike

Member #
    Images
    But influenza rates and deaths are down significantly. So there is that.
    Proudly un-offended.

Member #
    This, just heard of another friend that committed suicide 2 weeks ago. He worked as a bartender and really thrived off of the social interaction that it gave him. The second round of shutdowns pushed him to the point where he couldn't handle it anymore.
    Very sorry to hear that Rich

The thing is he KNEW the danger early enough and didn't do ANYTHING, therein lies the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    ^^^ "Trump didn't hyperventilate the danger early enough!!! Burn him at the stake!!!"

Yep, anything to excuse your exaggerated narrative.
    [SIZE=4]I don't even own a Jeep, oh wait I do and it is sick! [/SIZE]:P
    [URL]http://www.factcheck.org/[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.staythetrail.org"]
    [/URL]

In what regards?
    Genuinely curious on this statement...

Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc View Post
    The cure has already been worse than the sickness.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BGDOG View Post
    In what regards?
    see my above comment.... thats one way

In what regards?
    People out of work, resulting in ends not meeting, which then is a slippery slope of self worthlessness and it gets worse, not to mention those who turn to crime. Small businesses folding up shop so when we come out of this, there will be a big lag in new jobs.

Mental health in this nation has been suffering for some time. This situation just exacerbates it.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Your friend taking his life SUCKS so much.

see my above comment.... thats one way
    The reason this is going on is pretty straight forward we as a nation have messed this up royally....
    100K died in one month....
    Let that number sink in.

People out of work, resulting in ends not meeting, which then is a slippery slope of self worthlessness and it gets worse, not to mention those who turn to crime. Small businesses folding up shop so when we come out of this, there will be a big lag in new jobs.

Mental health in this nation has been suffering for some time. This situation just exacerbates it.

So what, in your opinion, should have been done to handle this pandemic?

Here's another number to let sink in:
    A total of 619,591 abortions for 2018 were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas.
    I think we are all in agreement that people dying really sucks. And there is no way of handling nearly any situation these days that will make everyone happy. But I am all for being responsible for yourself and doing what you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. Shutting everything down has weakened us as a nation.

First and foremost I would have listened to people who know about pandemics and not throw the handbook out.
    Second I would have welcomed the truth from leadership.
    Third being diligent about what is need to STOP the spread of the virus.

And that number you shared is interesting, but this isn't the thread about a woman's rights and her right to make choices over her body.
    Nor is it the place to talk about contraception for all.

I guess this would fall on ideological lines on this.
    As a former R, I am all for abortion rights and hope one day that option isn't needed.

So what, in your opinion, should have been done to handle this pandemic?

Here's another number to let sink in:

I think we are all in agreement that people dying really sucks. And there is no way of handling nearly any situation these days that will make everyone happy. But I am all for being responsible for yourself and doing what you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. Shutting everything down has weakened us as a nation.
    Last edited by 1BGDOG; January 20th, 2021 at 05:13 PM.

First and foremost I would have listened to people who know about pandemics and not throw the handbook out.
    Second I would have welcomed the truth from leadership.
    Third being diligent about what is need to STOP the spread of the virus.

And that number you shared is interesting, but this isn't the thread about a woman's rights and her right to make choices over her body.
    Nor is it the place to talk about contraception for all.

I guess this would fall on ideological lines on this.
    As a former R, I am all for abortion rights and hope one day that option isn't needed.
    What were the people who know pandemics saying? Certainly we could still apply their knowledge. I don't recall seeing anything that has worked even remotely.
    Truth...I have lost all faith that we are going to get much truth from our leadership. That includes all of them in Washington.

I simply stated the abortion number because *typically* D's support the killing of those innocent humans, but stomp the brakes when it comes to this pandemic?
    Last edited by 74BuckinBronc; January 21st, 2021 at 09:41 AM. Reason: submit button not working

Member #
    What were the people who know pandemics saying?
    For the most part as far as i have seen, they were encouraging actions like California has taken. We have seen the positive results from that i think.

Member #
    Images
    I posted this quite a while ago now.

Sweater, since your stance seems to only care about the number of COVID deaths. Does that number matter, when the "cure" that has been forced on the population, has taken even more lives?

Suicide, domestic violence, and drug deaths have surged way beyond normal levels because of COVID procedures. The deaths combined make the deaths from COVID look like small potatoes. But I suppose it's ok that these people are dying because they aren't dying from COVID right?
    Steve quoted it.

American Cancer Society has predicted 30,000 additional deaths from cancer due to denied or delayed treatment. Those people’s lives don’t matter either.
    Tacotoy quoted it.

What ever happened to our ability to give people guidance on something and expect that they have the ability to make the best decision for themselves based on that? Why is there the need for the government to be the ones to tell us what common sense we need to use? I am all about information, but you give the dictionary to 2 different people and they are going to find different words in the exact same book.
    However, I have seen no response from the people who claim we have not done enough to stop this pandemic. Any of yall care to comment? We have not done enough to stop the pandemic, but what we have done, has caused more deaths than the pandemic in other areas. It has caused much more hardship for many people as well. I question, if we had done nothing for the pandemic, would we have lost more lives than the cure cost us?
    Contact me for all your firearms needs. Guns, ammo, accessories, NFA......

if we had done nothing for the pandemic, would we have lost more lives than the cure cost us?
    My guess is no. I mean, sure mask-up if it makes you feel better. Avoid crowded areas if you like, but we shouldn't have shut the economy down. The jump in "ripple effect deaths" has got to far outnumber what we might have seen had we just used precautions as personal responsibility. Even if the deaths would have turned out the same, our economy wouldn't have taken the hit it is mucking thru.

Mask work
    Social distance works
    2 simple things that the right has fought every step of the way... cause freedom.
    Remember how the previous administration LITERALLY tossed the book out on how to deal with a pandemic and did NOT have a plan on vaccine distribution...

And I am OK with the abortion number being touted (even if they aren't humans.. because from numerous research they are not. but I digress and again a discussion for another thread.) ... but lets keep in mind 100K died in a month because we aren't able to follow simple guidelines. And many on the other side of the political spectrum throw their arms in the air and say, "We can't do ANYTHING!!!!!!!"
    And to your point of honesty.... the last 4 years have been BRUTAL on that. I hope we get more "honesty" going forward and not the malarkey we dealt with.
    We had Trump tell Woodward "this is BAD", and then he goes froth and says "We are good America" cause of lies...

What were the people who know pandemics saying? Certainly we could still apply their knowledge. I don't recall seeing anything that has worked even remotely.
    Truth...I have lost all faith that we are going to get much truth from our leadership. That includes all of them in Washington.

I simply stated the abortion number because *typically* D's support the killing of those innocent humans, but stomp the brakes when it comes to this pandemic?

Member #
    Images
    Florida: No lockdowns. No mask mandate. Everything open at 100% capacity.

NY and CA: Draconian lockdowns. Statewide mask mandates. Many businesses closed or severely limited in capacity.

Guess which of the above states have full hospitals and higher COVID infection and death rates?

Yeah, masks and social distancing, along with lockdowns, stops the virus. Or not.

Member #
    Images
    450,000 people die EVERY YEAR in the U.S.from smoking, and they’re not all smokers. Smoking is legal and heavily taxed by the government. If we really wanted to save lives we’d ban smoking - but it’s not just about saving lives.

Member #
    Florida: No lockdowns. No mask mandate. Everything open at 100% capacity.

NY and CA: Draconian lockdowns. Statewide mask mandates. Many businesses closed or severely limited in capacity.

Guess which of the above states have full hospitals and higher COVID infection and death rates?

Yeah, masks and social distancing, along with lockdowns, stops the virus. Or not.
    Pesky facts...

Member #
    450,000 people die EVERY YEAR in the U.S.from smoking, and they’re not all smokers. Smoking is legal and heavily taxed by the government. If we really wanted to save lives we’d ban smoking - but it’s not just about saving lives.
    Pesky facts again...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    For the most part as far as i have seen, they were encouraging actions like California has taken. We have seen the positive results from that i think.
    Sarcastic facts...

If I let a really stinky fart, it has to go through my underpants and my pants, then through your mask to smell it, and yet you still do. The coronavirus is magnitudes smaller than my stinky fart particles. Masks are ineffective.
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    TV this morning was talking about the new strain and said that nearly all the masks we are currently using are no good and people should consider wearing 2 masks.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    TV this morning was talking about the new strain and said that nearly all the masks we are currently using are no good and people should consider wearing 2 masks.
    And some sheep will do just that.

Member #
    ...and the people who wear 2 masks are still gonna smell Dunkin's farts

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    ...and the people who wear 2 masks are still gonna smell Dunkin's farts
    Most likely.

And some sheep will do just that.
    And subsequently starve their brain of oxygen. I say, let 'em!

1BGDOG - From my perspective, I have far less trust in the new administration than I did the previous. But you already knew that.

Member #
    Images
    I posted this quite a while ago now.

Steve quoted it.

Tacotoy quoted it.

However, I have seen no response from the people who claim we have not done enough to stop this pandemic. Any of yall care to comment? We have not done enough to stop the pandemic, but what we have done, has caused more deaths than the pandemic in other areas. It has caused much more hardship for many people as well. I question, if we had done nothing for the pandemic, would we have lost more lives than the cure cost us?
    I will throw another one in there. Wife of a great business owner took her own life as well recently. He is very successful and she hasn't had to worry about money for a very long time. The weight of where things are in life and everything that is going on was just too much for her to bear. He is left to now be a father to 2 older boys. You can't continue to sit here and tell me that imposing things on people to this level is more beneficial than anything else. How long before those " Elective" surgeries become life or death, how long before the mental health issues outweigh COVID so far that instead of measuring death rates by fractions, we measure them in tens of percents? If you can sit here and drink the kool-aid of all of this and tell me that this current solution isn't enough and we need more oversight and intervention, then you need to really take a few steps back before you try to say that.

Member #
    Images
    And subsequently starve their brain of oxygen. I say, let 'em!

1BGDOG - From my perspective, I have far less trust in the new administration than I did the previous. But you already knew that.
    At some point, we need people, all people to stop associating with a party or administration based on what they think that they need to believe, or what they are told. If we want to understand each other, we need to get down to the basics of what we each actually think, want and believe. Until then, it is just monkeys throwing poo at each other.

Everyone's inability to see people for anything more than their voter registration is nothing better than judging someone by the color of their skin. If your conversation has to involve a political party or a representative to back up your point, then your inability to have your own thoughts and opinions is pretty clear.

At some point, we need people, all people to stop associating with a party or administration based on what they think that they need to believe, or what they are told. If we want to understand each other, we need to get down to the basics of what we each actually think, want and believe. Until then, it is just monkeys throwing poo at each other.

Everyone's inability to see people for anything more than their voter registration is nothing better than judging someone by the color of their skin. If your conversation has to involve a political party or a representative to back up your point, then your inability to have your own thoughts and opinions is pretty clear.
    I don't know how that is possible. My morals and beliefs come from the Bible and I don't plan to yield them to anyone else's, ever. I respect the views and beliefs of others, but our Nation's foundation is on many Biblical principles and the more we stray away from those, the worse it gets. It will get worse before it gets better.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    -John Adams
    Some prophetic words there.

I know lots of people who don't share my beliefs and I have always been courteous. I can get along with most of them, but they certainly aren't the ones I call when I want to hang-out with someone. I don't want their beliefs influencing political policy just the same as they probably don't want mine. So how do we reach across the isle?

Member #
    I see that Biden has been able to beat down the restaurant covids to the point that they are afraid to invade your bodies in under two days of being president since it is being reported that most big cities suddenly lifted restrictions on indoor dining at restaurants and bars.

He is magical!

I let a real stinker go in the lift line today and even through my gortex ski britches the masked lemmings around me could smell it. Even gotex cant save you from particles much larger than the lil covids

Member #
    Huh.... thats strange. Seems like i have been quoting the study from the Mayo clinic that showed most masks do nothing and even N95 masks "might" work since last July or August.

The face mask that could end the Covid-19 pandemic - CNN
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/healt...ion/index.html

Member #
    Images
    I don't know how that is possible. My morals and beliefs come from the Bible and I don't plan to yield them to anyone else's, ever. I respect the views and beliefs of others, but our Nation's foundation is on many Biblical principles and the more we stray away from those, the worse it gets. It will get worse before it gets better.

Some prophetic words there.

I know lots of people who don't share my beliefs and I have always been courteous. I can get along with most of them, but they certainly aren't the ones I call when I want to hang-out with someone. I don't want their beliefs influencing political policy just the same as they probably don't want mine. So how do we reach across the isle?
    Aligning yourself with what is in the Bible, or another religious book like that, still requires you to read it, understand it and be able to articulate it as something you believe. If my comment above wasn't clear on that, then let me clear it up by saying, you are still reading, interpreting and learning by what you said, not relying on just what the pastor at church told you to think. That is what matters, that is how you form your own opinion, even if it does line up with what the pastor told you at the end of the day. Too many people out there are just looking for someone to tell them what to think, about anything, and that, to echo John Adams sentiment, provides for a population that has nothing that they themselves believe in or stand for on their own.

I see. You are saying there are too many sheeple? Not enough people willing to do the research themselves?

I'm not sure how that is going to bridge the gap if I am understanding you.

Member #
    Images
    I see. You are saying there are too many sheeple? Not enough people willing to do the research themselves?

I'm not sure how that is going to bridge the gap if I am understanding you.
    Yes....

And I have no clue either, but I know that until more do, this is going to be the norm.

Member #
    Images
    Now Dr. Fauci says we should all wear two masks, one over the top of the other.