Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Images
    Dr. Fauci now says the death rate is more on the order of a "very bad flu". .28 of a percent versus .1 of a percent.

Now that's interesting considering my conversation with Tammy yesterday:

So I saw a headline claiming the death rate is likely worse than reported because tests still aren't getting done enough...And I say the death rate isn't as bad from the COVID as the hysterical news is claiming because they're likely claiming every non-tested death to be from COVID without all of them being tested. My just as accurate opposite side of their coin reasoning being: if the flu has already killed 40,000 people in the US this season yet the COVID has only killed 1,300 (as of this morning), then any non-tested confirmation is 40 times more likely to be a flu death vs a COVID death. 40X odds is a nearly guaranteed, no way in hell can you lose, odds.

eta: They said they wanted to over react...well they certainly got that part right in spades.
    Last edited by ASCTLC; March 27th, 2020 at 11:50 AM.

Member #
    Images
    Here is the NEJM editorial. It was originally published in late Feb.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387
    This is my boom stick.

Member #
    Images
    ^^^ that link must have had some positive news because it no worky anymore.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Dr. Fauci now says the death rate is more on the order of a "very bad flu". .28 of a percent versus .1 of a percent.

No way! Tell me its not true!

From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    ^^^ that link must have had some positive news because it no worky anymore.
    Thats odd. It works fine for me. Just clicked it to check. Anyway you can get it yourself here:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Covid-19+%E2%8...+the+Uncharted

^^^not meant to be snark...I just like using LMGTFY.

Member #
    Images
    That's fooked up...won't open for me that way either.

eta: that's ok, I appreciate your effort to help. Was it contrary to all the hysterical "we're all gonna die by summer" news (as I suspect)?

eta#2: finally found a site that would load up. yep, contrary to the recent dire of doom and gloom.
    Last edited by ASCTLC; March 27th, 2020 at 02:01 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Shit just got real for my family. My mom lives in Manhattan. Confirmed case in her building...with one elevator for all the residents. She's 72, lives alone, and has had a minor, but stubborn respiratory issue for the past year. My sister lives kinda' close, but can't travel to the city.
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    Shit just got real for my family. My mom lives in Manhattan. Confirmed case in her building...with one elevator for all the residents. She's 72, lives alone, and has had a minor, but stubborn respiratory issue for the past year. My sister lives kinda' close, but can't travel to the city.
    Darn. Thats got to be worrisome

Member #
    I hope she stays safe!

Member #
    Bummer hope things work out.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Very sorry to hear that Jon .... I hope she is able to avoid exposure

Member #
    Images
    Alls I can say is I am friends with two nurses. They work in separate hospitals, don't know each other and are both Masters degree holders and both highly specialized. They both have told me this is no joke and that almost everyone they work with and they know in the medical and health industry are taking this very seriously. I consider that some solid "ground truth" so I am gonna keep doing what I am doing and only going out for groceries as needed and if its nice a bike ride just to get some fresh air. Hope everyone stays safe.

More from Rob Natelson on the Polis order: https://pagetwo.completecolorado.com...titutionality/
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Sorry to hear Jon

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crashXJ View Post
    Alls I can say is I am friends with two nurses. They work in separate hospitals, don't know each other and are both Masters degree holders and both highly specialized. They both have told me this is no joke and that almost everyone they work with and they know in the medical and health industry are taking this very seriously. I consider that some solid "ground truth" so I am gonna keep doing what I am doing and only going out for groceries as needed and if its nice a bike ride just to get some fresh air. Hope everyone stays safe.
    Same here

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    More from Rob Natelson on the Polis order: https://pagetwo.completecolorado.com...titutionality/
    Thanks for this

Its good to know that there are people with credentials that are paying attention!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    His name is Schutz, Jared Schutz
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by crashXJ View Post
    I don't think anyone is taking it as a joke... well, actually i do know one person who doesn't even believe there is a virus and the whole thing is a hoax perpetrated by the government but he also doesn't believe that the Newtown shooting happened and and thinks our government was behind 911 but that is another story.

Anyway, what I do believe is that it was blown WAY out of proportion from the beginning by fear-mongers who mainly consist of certain government officials and certainly by the media with self-serving motives.

I work at what the government deems to be an essential business so i am not "staying the f%#$ at home" as the song suggested. I am also going kayak fishing pretty much every other day after work and will be doing the same most likely tomorrow and Sunday but I'm not to likely to get or give anybody some coronas while doing that.

I am trying to do common sense things like washing my hands after every money transaction etc but I figure that I am eventually going to be exposed to it if I haven't already and after that, I am going to either catch it or I won't, and after that, I will either die or I won't.

I simply disagree with how the whole thing has been handled and do agree with the statement that the cure can't be made to be worse than the problem. With the amount of our money and everyone's kids money that the government has been willing to throw at it, I don't see why they shouldn't have put that money into just protecting the most vulnerable to it and the rest of the work force could at least have kept the country going.

Yes, i know that it is killing some outside of what they consider the most vulnerable but so does the flu...each and every year. I don't want to see anybody die from it but that's life. How many are going to end up homeless or worse yet, commit suicide from depression after losing everything they had? Again, the cure can not be made worse than the problem.

Another thing that has me quite franky ticked the hell off is the stimulus package that was signed today. They are doing sooo much for the people. B freakin S.

This is for both sides of the isle. For the love of God, one would think that if they decided to spend 2 trillion dollars to "help the people" that this would be one thing that they could just write and pass with every cent of it going to help the people as well as the businesses effected but no. We have to tie all of our pet projects to it like making the airplane industry reduce emissions and sending 20 or 30 million dollars to some liberal arts thing along with who even knows how many other pet projects.

I for one will not vote for any senator or congressman who tied their pet projects to this and i hope none of you will as well.

Ok, rant over......for now.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; March 27th, 2020 at 08:43 PM.

Member #
    Images
    I did not want to see that "stimulus" bill pass...

These people are digging our graves as fast as they can!

Member #
    Apparently CNN only understands per capita when it fits their agenda which is just one more example of how and why the we are in the position we are in today. Its political whether you want to believe it is or not. Its either turn this into a negative for this party or that party or we can make money by having this story out whether its right or wrong.

You might have garnered this already but the whole never waste a crisis attitude of both politicians and news agencies just piss me off.

Yes, i know all stations are biased in part but this is the BS that is spread to people and there is zero accountability.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-cr...-testing-claim

Member #
    Images
    There is absolutely no reason to watch any news program because of exactly this... You do not get good information from any news organization. Period..... They all have their on "spin" and have had for many many years..

Member #
    Images
    Dr Peter Attia has some great insights on his podcast about why we should be taking this seriously. It comes down to some simple math. In NYC, there aren't enough icu beds to handle the projected needs even with very optimistic estimates. Even if they can repourpose other beds into makeshift icu's with ventilators, they won't have enough.

However, as we've seen in China and Italy, not all regions get hit the same. There are varying death rates throughout China and Italy, in cities that would otherwise be comparable. The difference may be how quickly states react, and how strictly the rules are followed. The exponential nature of the spread means if you start sooner, your results are significantly better.

Louisiana is going to be another hot spot because they didn't cancel Mardi Gras.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Man With The Plan; March 28th, 2020 at 12:00 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Hope she stays safe from this.

I worry for my aged parents. I have brothers and sisters, ignorant and stupid to a high degree who visit and tell them "we're not sick." when it's already well known one can be infected and have no symptoms or idea that they are. And my sister works in an old folk home!!

I'm tellin ya, I've always maintained that I have to be the milkman's baby or found on the door step!!

I was on a long line at 7:45 am today at King Soopers that opens at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane. He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away. As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you old fawkers don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I was on a long line at 7:45 am today at King Soopers that opens at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane. He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away. As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you old fawkers don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there.

Ha!

What's this coronavirus? First I've heard of it.

More legal thinking, this time from Harvard: https://blog.harvardlawreview.org/co...ght-to-travel/

I confess to having forgotten about the Yellow Fever epidemic of the 1890's, mainly because it was long ago and I was much younger then.

I do think, however, that we need to have a detailed discussion at some point about how we want to handle pandemics - including tracking people using cell phone metadata.

Member #

Member #

The school just sent out a message stating that they are praying for our kids and families during this time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images
    Trump has just added 30 more days to shelter in place

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Most of the country doesnt even have a shelter in place policy currently. How would he add 30 days to it?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Most of the country doesnt even have a shelter in place policy currently. How would he add 30 days to it?
    He added 30 days to his "social distancing" suggestion/guideline
    Last edited by Aaron; March 29th, 2020 at 05:11 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    He added 30 days to his "social distancing" suggestion/guideline
    Ok. That makes more sense.