Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    So, CO is now differentiating between those who died of covid, and those who simply died with a positive test. No surprise, the number of covid deaths went down, a lot, from 1100-something to 800-something.

Who could have guessed? Lots of folks *need* this to be as bad as possible. Or worse.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    ''Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.'' - Plato

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaldedDog View Post
    So, CO is now differentiating between those who died of covid, and those who simply died with a positive test. No surprise, the number of covid deaths went down, a lot, from 1100-something to 800-something.

Who could have guessed? Lots of folks *need* this to be as bad as possible. Or worse.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Oh, they want it to be worse. No doubt about it.

I do like the several dems are even telling Pelosi to pound sand on her new pet project loaded stimulus package.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    This is a long watch or listen.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/Avc6_ftzk3w/

Member #
    From Fox News - As US coronavirus death toll mounts, so does the belief by some that it is exaggerated
    As US coronavirus death toll mounts, so does the belief by some that it is exaggerated

https://www.foxnews.com/us/as-u-s-co...is-exaggerated

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    From Fox News - As US coronavirus death toll mounts, so does the belief by some that it is exaggerated
    As US coronavirus death toll mounts, so does the belief by some that it is exaggerated

https://www.foxnews.com/us/as-u-s-co...is-exaggerated
    The analogy as given to me by a medical professional was along these lines. "When we count cause of death with an AIDS/HIV patient we don't put down flu even though it was flu that did them in. No one dies from AIDS they die because of AIDS. Same with C19 if they are an at risk patient."
    This is my boom stick.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by crashXJ View Post
    The analogy as given to me by a medical professional was along these lines. "When we count cause of death with an AIDS/HIV patient we don't put down flu even though it was flu that did them in. No one dies from AIDS they die because of AIDS. Same with C19 if they are an at risk patient."
    Well then i would call BS on your "medical professional" because that goes against what the CDC recommended as far as guidelines go.

Member #
    I dont have anything against you crash. We are just never going to agree on anything pertaining to this subject. You seem to believe all of the leftist media spew and i just look at it using common sense, or at least what is common sense to me.

Member #
    Images
    This article pretty much supports what she told me. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...icates-984407/

But yeah man ain't no one bent over here.

Member #
    Images
    Like this guy. I know its a single incident but I also know there are many others.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/color...navirus-report
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    Like this guy. I know its a single incident but I also know there are many others.
    I heard of a similar one in my hometown after talking to my mom over the weekend. That is not how the scientific method is supposed to work. Then again many coroners aren't even doctors across the US as its an elected position.

Then I read this today: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...?ocid=msedgntp

I said it before and I will say it again. For being such a smart animal we sure are f'n stupid.

Member #
    I wonder why there haven't been any influenza a or b deaths reported over the last couple months. That's strange it seems.

Member #
    Images
    I don't see a or b specifically here but seems like the CDC continues to track the flu and the mortality rates.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Key Updates for Week 19, ending May 9, 2020
    Laboratory confirmed flu activity as reported by clinical laboratories remains low. Influenza-like illness activity continues to decrease and is below the national baseline. The percent of deaths due to pneumonia or influenza (P&I) is decreasing but remains elevated, primarily due to COVID-19, not influenza. Reported pediatric flu deaths for the season are high at 174.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by crashXJ View Post
    I don't see a or b specifically here but seems like the CDC continues to track the flu and the mortality rates.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm
    I admit right off the bat that I am pessimistic about anything from the "news" or any .gov agency but i would just guess that the main reason flu deaths are down is because they are mostly being counted as kung flu deaths. I reserve the right to be wrong but i don't think that i am.

Member #
    Images
    Polis stated the other day that "states are required to report all deaths with covid to be reported to the CDC as covid deaths but that our health department is clarifying the difference between dying with and dying of because the people of CO are demanding this distinction.".

Not reported he said, this was heard by my wife's and my ears during the radio announcement when he made it. Claims that it's some 'conspiracy theory' or false accusation that the numbers are inflated are not true. I already copy/pasted the info from the CDC website and now have it directly from Polis that the states are required to report anything and everything with a covid touch as a covid death to the CDC. That's twice, stating the same thing but in different ways, from reliable direct sources.

So it looks to be up to the states to detail the distinction for it's citizens. I don't give a flip if he was pressured to do it or not, I give Polis his well deserved recognition for having a pair when, and before, others who should know better.

Washington state is expected to follow suit but I've heard no others expected to step up...yet. Oh, I expect some states to 'hide behind the CDC requirement' and keep their true numbers inflated for maximum leverage to snatch as much Fed relief money as possible.

Member #
    Images
    This is reaching this level of ridiculousness.

If you haven't seen it yet, the parody video is below; "I wear my face mask in my car".

https://youtu.be/G30M80YF81U

Member #
    latest hot news everywhere is screaming sharp spike in covid-19 positive cases after loosening of restrictions .... hmmm, the incubation period has been reported to be 14 days, yet here we are just 72 hours later and now this .... keep following the bouncing ball, the new normal is taking over the US.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
    ...the new normal is taking over the world.
    fify

Member #
    Images
    latest hot news everywhere is screaming sharp spike in covid-19 positive cases after loosening of restrictions .... hmmm, the incubation period has been reported to be 14 days, yet here we are just 72 hours later and now this .... keep following the bouncing ball, the new normal is taking over the US.
    Incubation is 4-14 days but still doesn't make sense.

Member #
    Images
    April 27th, Colorado went to "Safer at Home". I wish I took pictures of the parks around here in Evergreen. Seems that a whole hell of a lot of people read "safer at home" as "Go to the mountains and crowd the parks! It's over!" Overnight the shores of the lake went from empty to fishermen every few feet. Families hiking around the lake, laying out on the grass and having picnics. Parking lots at trail heads got full, and you can't hike a trail without people being around you all the time. First thing I said to my wife when we saw that... "There's gonna be another spike". I'm glad I was wrong. The number of cases hasn't spiked, but it's leveling off at about 300 new cases per day.

Not that I care. It's another flu. I'm following the rules, because I work at home anyway. I'll wear a mask at the store so my neighbors don't blame me for getting them sick. Hell, I drew a smile on my mask with a sharpie, so I even look like I enjoy it. There's a bunch of retired folks up here in the range that dies more often than other age ranges.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    And just out from the dumbasses at CDC, now they have decided that you cant really catch it easily from contaminated serfaces afterall. Who would have thought?....

From Fox News - CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces
    CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-n...nated-surfaces

Last edited by creepycrawler; May 21st, 2020 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    And just out from the dumbasses at CDC, now they have decided that you cant really catch it easily from contaminated serfaces afterall. Who would have thought?....

From Fox News - CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces
    CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-n...nated-surfaces

I'm not sure you can catch that easily anyways. We had an employee get tested positive. No one else has gotten it. And not just any employee. A delivery driver. So he had contact with all of our HVAC install crews. Of course as soon as he got symptoms I didn't let him come to work. And cleaned everything. Of I mean by using common sense. Washing your hands and such.
    Last edited by cheepin; May 22nd, 2020 at 08:54 PM.
    CJ/buggy,FI406,465,205,D60,14boltFF on beadlocked 39.50 swampers.See build.
    http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=134201
    '70Jeepster, 225,T-14,D20,10bolt,12bolt on 34/9.50/15 Swampers
    www.tubebuggies.com

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...=pocket-newtab

This is not merely a technical error. States have set quantitative guidelines for reopening their economies based on these flawed data points.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Ashish Jha, the K. T. Li Professor of Global Health at Harvard and the director of the Harvard Global Health Institute, told us when we described what the CDC was doing. “How could the CDC make that mistake? This is a mess.”

Member #
    The whole thing is a joke.

Would the citizens of Gilpin County kindly refrain from coming to Denver to shop or use our hospitals. We don't need your kind here. You're always spreadin' diseases and crashin' your cars and stuff. We have our own problems and we don't need you makin' things worse.
    Have a good day!
    https://themtnear.com/2020/05/gilpin...losure-update/

Ditto for Clear Creek County.
    https://www.co.clear-creek.co.us/Doc...d-road-closure
    Last edited by SamFromCO; May 24th, 2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: added more eliteist counties
    I started with nothing, and I've got most of it left.

Member #
    So, what was it? A week and a half or two weeks ago that the all knowing CDC came out and said that well...it really is hard or impossible to catch the kung flu from hard surfaces. Cool! That is great news!

Then, NYs Gov Queermo finally came out and had to admit that well, none of the estimated deaths that he had been loving hearing his own voice on TV talking about for a month and a half that he had "been quoting" were anywhere near accurate and he was going to quit speculating on numbers. I will actually give that jackass props for admitting it even though he blamed it on other people.

What happened next? Well, stories started coming out about grumblings within the dem party that the economy was going to bounce back like never before if the kung flu didn't hold it down through election time and it would swing more voters back to Trump.

What does the CDC come out with today? Hey yall, you can catch the kung flu from hard surfaces after all!

Things that make you say, hmmm .

And meanwhile we are being switched to a virtual .gov with virtual petitions. So let me get this straight, The CO legislature doesn't even have to show up to decide and vote on whether the rest of us can go to a restautant or whatever? And we all know how dependable on-line petitions are. Thanks a lot Dems. When the tables turn, if ever they do, you will be the ones crying the loudest. Remember that "phone and pen" thing you loved so much a few years ago.
    https://www.coloradopolitics.com/new...3a9450ded.html
    https://www.thecentersquare.com/colo...0a4d371b8.html

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...4-ccccce2c6d80

Think you had COVID-19? Chances are good...you didn't

As more Coloradans receive antibody testing, the state is getting a better idea of how many people were sickened by the novel coronavirus. It's not a lot.
    Credit: KUSA
    Author: Chris Vanderveen
    Published: 9:09 PM MDT May 28, 2020
    Updated: 9:09 PM MDT May 28, 2020

DENVER — Dr. David Buether admitted the antibody testing program at National Jewish Health has been, in his words, “bursting a lot of bubbles” as of late.

“Everybody wants to tell themselves a story that the symptom they had – the cough, shortness of breath they had in March of April – that maybe they had a case of COVID-19,” he said.

One of the region’s most robust antibody testing programs has failed to find anything close to a virus that has run its course in the area.

“It really has only been a small percentage – single-digit percentage – of how many people have already had this in Colorado,” he said.

Tuesday, leaders with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) estimated less than 3% of Coloradans have been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19.

Recently, 9NEWS photojournalist Anna Hewson received an antibody test at National Jewish. Hewson had gotten so sick in late March that she went to an emergency room for treatment.

Because she wasn’t admitted, doctors did not test her at the time for COVID-19. It was common for tests in late March to be reserved only for inpatients.

9NEWS did not ask for, nor did it receive, a free test from the hospital. Hewson signed up online and was not given any special privileges in an effort to avoid the idea that she might be taking a test away from someone else.

Antibody tests, unlike the more common tests involving swabs that look solely for active virus, involve a search for antibodies produced by the body after a viral infection.

The antibodies represent the body’s way of fighting back and afford anyone who has them a certain amount of immunity from the disease that led to the antibodies' production in the first place.

It’s not exactly known how much immunity antibodies from COVID-19 gives to someone, but Beuther said it’s clear there is at least a limited amount.

We don’t know if it lasts a year, or two, or whether it might last for decades,” he said.

Regardless, one day after Hewson was tested, she received word that the test revealed no sign of antibodies to COVID-19.

Another bubble burst.

Based on the results so far, she’s hardly the only one to feel that way.

Member #
    Images
    I have a suspicion that we will learn that the antibodies tests being used are flawed

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    I have a suspicion that we will learn that the antibodies tests being used are flawed
    The first antibodies test they came out with was supposedly giving too many false positives so they came out with at least a second type of test so who knows the accuracy of it.

My question is, what test did they use to determine that tests were giving too many false positives, LOL.

All of these freakin' experts are a joke as even Gov Cuomo finally admitted the other day.