Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Member #
    Images
    I agree there is a big difference between "85% of people who wear masks get COVID" and "85% of people who got COVID wore masks." The table states the later.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Member #
    I guess i missed seeing where people were interpreting it that "85% of people who wear masks get COVID".

The point is that the mask farce is just that, a farce. When an N95 mask PUT ON correctly and WORN correctly and TAKEN OFF correctly in the perfect environment is only 95% effective which is where the name N95 comes from, its obvious that all the feed bags and scarves and things people wear to feel good aren't doing crap.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    I agree there is a big difference between "85% of people who wear masks get COVID" and "85% of people who got COVID wore masks." The table states the later.
    Too bad they won't apply that approach to the deaths. They have already blown the numbers by stating "anyone who dies with covid is the same as one who dies of covid".

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I guess i missed seeing where people were interpreting it that "85% of people who wear masks get COVID".

The point is that the mask farce is just that, a farce. When an N95 mask PUT ON correctly and WORN correctly and TAKEN OFF correctly in the perfect environment is only 95% effective which is where the name N95 comes from, its obvious that all the feed bags and scarves and things people wear to feel good aren't doing crap.
    You mean the one I stuff in my pocket and wash every two or three months isn't effective? Who knew?

I've taken to calling mine my "costume". You know, something one wears for show.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    ''Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.'' - Plato

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaldedDog View Post
    You mean the one I stuff in my pocket and wash every two or three months isn't effective? Who knew?

I've taken to calling mine my "costume". You know, something one wears for show.

Mark

Ed Zachery.

Member #
    Images
    i was not served at the brewery here in fairplay tonight because i dont own a mask. they have outdoor seating that you dont need to walk in doors to get to. 40 mph winds and a 4 foot walk to the table and the kid wanted to prove a point.

same kid served me without a mask three weeks ago.

i left

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    i was not served at the brewery here in fairplay tonight because i dont own a mask. they have outdoor seating that you dont need to walk in doors to get to. 40 mph winds and a 4 foot walk to the table and the kid wanted to prove a point.

same kid served me without a mask three weeks ago.

i left
    Vern, I'm sure you have your mind made up and it's definitely your prerogative, but our world has some different rules now, no matter how senseless many of them are.

Like Mark, I have to put on my "costume" at times to get things accomplished. If I'm hungry and going into a place to eat, I don't think it makes any sense at all to have to wear a mask from the front door to the table. However, I put one on for those few seconds to make the walk versus walking away hungry.

Beyond that, I have to occasionally go into a grocery store. I have to go into Home Depot to do my job. I occasionally have to go into someone's home who may be "immune compromised" and require masks to feel safe.

I keep one in my pocket and one in my vehicle in case I forget the other one. I don't wear them very often, but I do when I need to accomplish something where masks are required.

I unexpectedly had to fly to Wisconsin to drive my mom (and vehicle / animals & stuff) back to Colorado on Friday/Saturday. Masks were not optional at times through that process to get Mom home.

It's just a thought so you can continue to evaluate the obstacles not owning a mask might create, even if you wear it a few minutes in the span of a week. That's typically the ratio of time I wear mine.

“Let's go out to eat, 2020 style...

1. Arrive at restaurant, fish three month old single-use surgical mask out of car's filthy cupholder (still slightly sticky from this morning's 84oz diet Pepsi).
    2. Strap up with three month old single-use surgical mask. MAGICAL ANTI-GERM BARRIER ENGAGE!!!
    3. Proceed into restaurant, opening door with same handle grabbed by 200 people so far today.
    4. Hostess has immediate seating for your woke party of three. Walk past entire restaurant of unmasked people. It's ok, they're sitting.
    5. Sit down. SEATED ANTI-GERM FORCEFIELD ENGAGE!!!
    6. Safely within your anti-germ forcefield, remove mask. Browse menu while making relaxed inhales of the same recirculated AC air previously inside the lungs of the 200 people that also grabbed the door handle.
    7. Waitress drops off drinks bare handed.
    8. Grab drink with your bare hand. Sip leisurely, secure in knowing you're within your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.
    9. Too many drinks. Need to pee. Don the magical anti-germ barrier mask as you leave your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.
    10. Walk past 40 unmasked restaurant patrons. Open bathroom with same door knob grabbed by 100 other people so far today.
    11. Return to table past same 40 unmasked restaurant patrons.
    12. Remove mask. Once again safe in your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness. Waitress takes your sweaty drink glass with her bare hand, refills, hands back to you. You accept with your bare hand. Grab some bread and eat it. Same hand. Yum Yum.
    13. Meal complete. Mask on. Walk past 40 unmasked patrons. Make full body contact with at least 4 people waiting at the hostess stand as you squeeze your way back to the door - no matter, they're all also wearing their magical anti-germ barriers.
    14. Grab exit handle, which you are now the 220th person of the day to touch. Eating out successful.
    15. Breathe a sigh of relief knowing that even after leaving the protection of your home and venturing out into the scary world of the public, you are essentially sterile - thanks to your state approved methods of magical germ mitigation.”
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    “Let's go out to eat, 2020 style...

1. Arrive at restaurant, fish three month old single-use surgical mask out of car's filthy cupholder (still slightly sticky from this morning's 84oz diet Pepsi).
    2. Strap up with three month old single-use surgical mask. MAGICAL ANTI-GERM BARRIER ENGAGE!!!
    3. Proceed into restaurant, opening door with same handle grabbed by 200 people so far today.
    4. Hostess has immediate seating for your woke party of three. Walk past entire restaurant of unmasked people. It's ok, they're sitting.
    5. Sit down. SEATED ANTI-GERM FORCEFIELD ENGAGE!!!
    6. Safely within your anti-germ forcefield, remove mask. Browse menu while making relaxed inhales of the same recirculated AC air previously inside the lungs of the 200 people that also grabbed the door handle.
    7. Waitress drops off drinks bare handed.
    8. Grab drink with your bare hand. Sip leisurely, secure in knowing you're within your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.
    9. Too many drinks. Need to pee. Don the magical anti-germ barrier mask as you leave your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.
    10. Walk past 40 unmasked restaurant patrons. Open bathroom with same door knob grabbed by 100 other people so far today.
    11. Return to table past same 40 unmasked restaurant patrons.
    12. Remove mask. Once again safe in your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness. Waitress takes your sweaty drink glass with her bare hand, refills, hands back to you. You accept with your bare hand. Grab some bread and eat it. Same hand. Yum Yum.
    13. Meal complete. Mask on. Walk past 40 unmasked patrons. Make full body contact with at least 4 people waiting at the hostess stand as you squeeze your way back to the door - no matter, they're all also wearing their magical anti-germ barriers.
    14. Grab exit handle, which you are now the 220th person of the day to touch. Eating out successful.
    15. Breathe a sigh of relief knowing that even after leaving the protection of your home and venturing out into the scary world of the public, you are essentially sterile - thanks to your state approved methods of magical germ mitigation.”
    Lulz. My god, im glad it hasnt gone there yet here but i guess it will when bidon wins and shuts the country down again which he said he will do.

Member #
    Oh wait, i guess we dont have to worry about that because he is running for the senate or for congress or something.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Lulz. My god, im glad it hasnt gone there yet here but i guess it will when bidon wins and shuts the country down again which he said he will do.
    His quote is exactly like it is here, and even in Moab. The only detail in his narrative that's different from reality is that menus are generally PDF, accessible by pointing your phone at a QR code.

Mark

Last edited by ScaldedDog; October 18th, 2020 at 07:25 PM.

Member #
    His quote is exactly like it is here, and even in Moab. The only detail in his narrative that's different from reality is that menus are generally PDF, accessible by pointing your phone at a QR code.

Mark

Wow.

Member #
    "costume" ... "MASKquerade" ... we're swirling down the toilet bowl.

Dictator Polis, trying to follow the lead of his examples of leadership in CA, OR, WA ... logic has no place here. COVID numbers are up - ignore the fact that it's 99.6% surviveable - more stringent mask wearing is required. Wait a minute - if we're all wearing masks, how is "more stringent mask wearing" going to do anything?

CDC report of last week noted a very high compliance with mask wearing by those people who tested positive.

Anyone ever watch the documentary "Agenda"?
    https://www.agendadocumentary.com/
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio