Question How to Figure Out a Jeep Price?

Hey all, it's been a while! I'm selling my Jeep and I'm not sure how to figure out my asking price. It has been pretty heavily modified but I wouldn't consider it a buggy. It's not something a typical driver would want, I don't think, but it's great for someone wanting to get on the trails. I don't even know how to start figuring it out. Any tips? Thanks!
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4" lift, 37s
    Queen Lunatic #6
    TrailDamage.com Founder

Well, let's start with the list of stuff/mods along with year/model of the original Jeep.
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

You'll be lucky to get 50% of purchase price on the mods, not including labor. Then depending on condition of the stock stuff, KBB or NADA would be good go-by's. Also, searching ebay and the likes for similar jeeps might help you as well.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc View Post
    You'll be lucky to get 50% of purchase price on the mods, not including labor. Then depending on condition of the stock stuff, KBB or NADA would be good go-by's. Also, searching ebay and the likes for similar jeeps might help you as well.
    This! You’ll be luck to get more the KBB on a moded car
    rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

Member #
    Images
    The only way you'll get more is to find a buyer that wants exactly what you have, that usually takes along time.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

It would be nice if I actually checked in on this thread after starting it, wouldn't it? Sorry about that. I'm selling the Jeep that is all over TrailDamage.com (https://traildamage.com/members/172/). It's a 2010 Rubicon 2-Door with 43k miles because I really only used it for offroading. Here are the mods:

4" TeraFlex Lift
    37" Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 Tires
    Pro Comp Series 5001 17x9 Wheels
    Rancho RS9000XL Adjustable Shocks
    5.13 Gears
    Redneck Ram Hydraulic Assist Steering System
    Tom Woods Front Drive Shaft
    ShrockWorks Stubby Front Bumper
    PIAA Fog Lights
    ShrockWorks Rear Bumper
    ShrockWorks Rock Sliders
    Rock Hard 4x4 Ultimate Sports Cage
    EVO Manufacturing Aluminum Rear Rockskin Corners
    Poison Spyder Steel Crusher Flares
    Chromoly Axle Shafts, Front and Rear
    Chromoly Tie Rod
    High Steer Drag Link
    Synergy Heavy Duty Ball Joints
    Axle Sleeves, Gussets and Truss
    Warn XD9000i Winch
    Spydura 100' x 3/8" Synthetic Winch Rope
    Kilby AirBoss On Board Air
    Skid Row Engine/Transmission Skid Plate
    Skid Row Front Lower Control Arm Skid Plates
    Rugged Ridge Muffler Skid Plate
    Kilby Evaporative Canister Relocator
    Riddler Differential Covers
    Truck-Lite LED Headlamps
    Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure
    Hoodlift with Gas Springs
    Bestop Trektop Pro Hybrid Soft Top
    MOPAR Half Steel Doors with Zippered Windows
    MOPAR Full Steel Doors with Glass Windows
    MOPAR Heated Seats
    MBRP Spare Tire Enforcement Brackets
    HighRock 4x4 Rocker Trim
    Superchips Flashpaq
    OEM In-Dash Navigation
    MyGig Hard Drive and Subwoofer
    Leather Seats with Supplemental Air Bags
    ARB 50-Quart Fridge Freezer
    ARB Fridge Slide
    ARB Transit Bag
    Uniden CB
    Firestick II CB Antenna

The issues it has are cosmetic. The Rubicon letters on the hood are all peeling off so they need to be replaced. There are scratches and dings on skid plates underneath and the rocker guards. Paint has Rocky Mountain pinstriping. But no body damage. It'll do 75mph on the highway without any complaints (it will get a bit floaty any faster than that). It's all set up to tow (probably no more than 1k pounds to be safe) and it's all set up to be towed (it has a breaking system and emergency break cut off, and it has extra hooks on the front bumper for tow chains). It looks good behind a motor home!

The Audi dealership will randomly give me 20k for it and they really didn't want any of the extras (no additional doors or anything, and they wanted the fridge out of it). So I think that's a starting place. The Jeeps on eBay that have had any work done are all pretty, shiny street queens so I'm not sure how this Jeep compares. Would anyone want one that has seen a lot of trails?

I'm selling it because I'm moving into my motor home and I can only have one car. This Jeep isn't really a daily driver, at least not for me. I'm looking around but it's tough finding the same kind of Jeep. Where should I sell it? Thanks, all!
    Last edited by OffroadGirl; August 2nd, 2019 at 07:35 PM.

Member #
    Images
    There are many crawling classified pages on Facebook as well as the net. There are a couple of new sites that will buy your car outright but I doubt they consider the aftermarket parts.

I had pretty good luck posting my CJ-based crawler on Craigslist with a price and then adding that I'd accept trades...I had $25k in mine and ended up with a very clean 2004 TJR since I was looking to get rid of the whole "tow it to the trail with a diesel pickup, store trailer, then find truck and trailer after trail ride life" Very happy with how things came out plus ended up with $10k on top of the deal.
    Oh Sh*t, did anyone else see that?

Member #
    Images
    Monica - List it on KSL Classifieds too! It's better than craigslist and has less creepers. And if you don't have to sell it, I have 10 acres at Sand Hollow you can store it on and come wheel whenever.
    TRAIL HUGGER - Enuf said.