Thread: Moving

Moving

I just wanted to let everybody know that Colorado will soon have 2 less residents. Erin and I will be moving in less than 2 weeks. We are buying a resort in northern Wisconsin. The resort consists of a house, a bar/restaurant and 9.5 cabins on a chain of 3 lakes. so if anybody is looking to take a vacation to the northwoods of WI let us know. The place is called Island View Lodge near Mercer Wi. we will be revamping the website and social media pages once we take over. We will be moving out of CO on April 25 and close on the resort on the 29th. Wish us luck as neither of us has worked in a bar or restaurant.

Congrats, but how do you have half a cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '91 YJ with some stuff
    proud ><> vet 12rd Loon
    PM me for information on quality handmade CCW holsters

Member #
    Images
    I will need to come up and do some fishing for sure. Is Erin keeping her current job?
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Member #
    Images
    Cool! Except for mosquitoes and winter.

I'm heading to the U.P. in July for my kid's summer camp, some mt biking, and visit my family. Haven't been through Mercer since the 90's. Getting away from all the traffic will be nice! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

Good luck. I hope it's everything you dream and more. It takes BIG balls to make such a move. It'll be hard, don't quit. You'll never look at the world the same.

there are 10 cabins on the place but one needs to be renovated. the current owners have just used it for extra storage. we will renovate it over time and then rent it out as well.
    and Mike no Erin is quitting her job as well. we talked about her staying on at least part time for a little extra security but we decided its not worth the headache anymore.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Congrats!!! Happy to hear you all are taking the chance. Like others have said, it will be tough. But in my experiences, the harder something is, the more rewarding it can be.

Any time for us to buy you a beer before you leave?

Best of luck and skill to you and Erin!

Member #
    Images
    Congrats!
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Big move in every translation!
    Agree that it will be hard work for a while, but I hope you enjoy it! A good manager(s) for both the restaurant and cabin parts will be worth their weight in gold! That way, you can get some time away. Don't let it consume your whole life tho.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc View Post
    Big move in every translation!
    Agree that it will be hard work for a while, but I hope you enjoy it! A good manager(s) for both the restaurant and cabin parts will be worth their weight in gold! That way, you can get some time away. Don't let it consume your whole life tho.
    The current owners run it all by themselves and Alex and Erin plan to do the same. It is only open spring to fall though as the cabins are not winter worthy.

Thanks Mike. yep we plan to do it all ourselves. We will be busy during the summer but will have plenty of time to relax during spring and fall. Winter time snowmobile business should be pretty good during the day. Aaron we are pretty busy but i can probably slip away for a little while one day this weekend for a beer. Or we will be around 23-24th loading the truck if you want to swing by.