Thread: Rear Disc woes

Rear Disc woes

I have a 1995 Bronco with a 1979 F250 D60, 1980ish Chevy k20 rotors, and 1978 Caddy parking brake calipers. The issue is that when I changed from the not parking brake calipers they were that same as the fronts, I have been unable to get them to adjust or bleed correctly. Right now they are VERY soft, the previous set was good but I really wanted a parking brake. Can someone point me to a shop that is modification friendly and very good with brakes.
    Edit
    I am on the North end of town in Erie so I would like to stay on this end if possible.
    Matt
    Always TOPLESS
    1995 full size Bronco
    Finally geared 4.56 and locked in the rear

Member #
    Images
    The bleeding scew for the caddy calipers has to be at the very top. Some disc brake caliper mounts dont put that bleeder right at the top. You might have to come up with an alternate way to get the bleeder up enough to get all the air out

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    The bleeding scew for the caddy calipers has to be at the very top. Some disc brake caliper mounts dont put that bleeder right at the top. You might have to come up with an alternate way to get the bleeder up enough to get all the air out
    break, fix, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    I had taken them off and bled them unattached. It looked like I got all the air out. Turned shook tapped with a hammer. Even went to a vacuum bleed.
    I have an appointment a a shop that has done disc conversions before. we will see what happens.