Member #

Seat Recommendations for a TJ?

I'm about done with my stock TJ seats (2003 Rubicon). They're in fine shape, but they just are not comfy on long wheeling days. The last time I was in Moab they really started irritating me. What do ya'll recommend? I'm leaning towards some flavor of Corbeau - but they have a lot of models. I'd like it to accomodate a 4 or 5 point harness and be comfortable for a 6'3", 230 pound dude - as well as fit well in a TJ. I have no issues buying something nice and new. What say you and why?

Thanks!!

Is there an off-road show nearby sometime soon where you might be able to actually try out their wares? Or a supplier who has a few? That is a lot of dough to risk if you haven't had any...er...seat time...
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    My preference has always been Mastercrafts. I have an older set in a TJ at the shop right now if you'd like to sit in some. Also have a brand new set that we could probably pull outta the box and let you try as well. I am a bit away from ya as I am in Broomfield, but if you find your way up here let me know and I would be happy to let you try some out.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    My preference has always been Mastercrafts. I have an older set in a TJ at the shop right now if you'd like to sit in some. Also have a brand new set that we could probably pull outta the box and let you try as well. I am a bit away from ya as I am in Broomfield, but if you find your way up here let me know and I would be happy to let you try some out.
    Appreciate that. I may take you up on that when I can get up there. I've been told Mastercraft a couple times, so I'd say that's a contender. They look quite expensive and have tons of options, but what's the price on comfort - especially when it's keeping your wife happy? Which also means I should get them heated!!

What model(s) of Mastercraft are you recommending?
    Last edited by DaneH; March 20th, 2019 at 02:11 PM.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Seats are very much a personal preference thing. Usually I like to recommend a couple brands that offer good quality products. Then let each person decide on the model based on their specific needs. Both Corbeau and Mastercraft offer quality products. With you being a "bigger" guy, I would recommend getting a wide model. I don't remember off the top of my head with models I have in the shop, but guessing base models (baja ss??). Can check and get back

Member #
    If you are local, High Country Proformance has seats set up.
    You can sit in them and see what feels right.
    2 OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. THE THIRD KEEPS YELLING PULL THE TRIGGER.

EVERY TIME YOU KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT SO YOU DONT OFFEND SOMEONE YOU LOSE A LITTLE PEACE OF YOURE 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS !!!!!

I LOVE my Mastercraft Baja RS. They recline so you are not stuck with one upright position and are hella comfy. I am a big guy ~250 and the ass is snug, no sliding around on the trial. My wife has hips and she says hers is a little to tight but she like the not moving around so much on the trial. One other thing to thing agout is getting in and out of a lifted rig when the seat edges are higher then the sitting part.
    Matt
    Always TOPLESS
    1995 full size Bronco
    Finally geared 4.56 and locked in the rear

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by THE STRANGER View Post
    If you are local, High Country Proformance has seats set up.
    You can sit in them and see what feels right.
    That's good to know. They're fairly close to me.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wileec View Post
    I LOVE my Mastercraft Baja RS. They recline so you are not stuck with one upright position and are hella comfy. I am a big guy ~250 and the ass is snug, no sliding around on the trial. My wife has hips and she says hers is a little to tight but she like the not moving around so much on the trial. One other thing to thing agout is getting in and out of a lifted rig when the seat edges are higher then the sitting part.
    I do want ones that recline, and I keep seeing these as a recommendation. I wouldn't mind heated ones for the wife either.

One more vote for Mastercraft. I can spend all day in mine and not end up with a sore butt. I bought them because they were a bit wider but then again, so am I.
    I started with nothing, and I've got most of it left.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SamFromCO View Post
    One more vote for Mastercraft. I can spend all day in mine and not end up with a sore butt. I bought them because they were a bit wider but then again, so am I.
    Getting a LOT of support for Mastercraft. Serious $$$, but I'm leaning that way.