Anyone involved in the snow rescues??

There were two years in the early 2000's that Denver got dumped on and I LOVED going out and bashing thru the snow and helping people along the way. Anyone here get to go have some fun? Any pics?
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Not enough snow regardless of all the hype. Oh the good old days when we had real storms. I was just talking about that yesterday. Seems like the last real storm was about 2006. We had around 36" were I lived in Aurora. Tthat was some fun.
    Murray's Toys: 76 FJ40, 00 Toyota MR2, 07 KTM 450EXC, 05 Suzuki SV1000S, 12 Yeti SB66c, too many skis to list...

I got your Jeep thing....now it burns when I pee

I wound up with drifts well over 10' high in my yard. The last recorded straight wind from my weather station was 81 mph. It's Saturday and the plows still have not gotten to my road that has 5' and 6' high drifts across it. I was able to get the tractor out yesterday and get my vehicles out so I can get to the road but it still does no good.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Less than a mile from my house someone died from exposure. Still no idea why they would have gone out of their house but there was no power out here. Visibility was under 2' and they found the guy in a pasture and a woman that had hypothermia.

This storm may not have been all that big in many places but it is one of the worst I have seen living out here.

Ya, apparently I stand corrected for places anywhere east of town. I talked to a guy from work who lives in Elizabeth, he talked of 4 to 8 ft drifts that you couldn't get through, and stranded people on the road there.

The bad storms I remember were earlier than 2006. We were living at Lowry at the time, so I am thinking 2003-ish. Seems there was another a year later!

Wind can wreak havoc when combined with snow! Glad you have the means to dig out and stay safe!

Member #
    Images
    In Colorado Springs was not too bad. Start moving east and it was ridiculous. I have a section of fence that is 4 feet tall and 70 yards long and it is buried. We had over 5ft tall drifts out here.
    Contact me for all your firearms needs. Guns, ammo, accessories, NFA......

Member #
    Pulled a 1 ton dodge ram 4x4 out with my little toy truck
    91 Toyota ex cab 4x4 silver with 5.5in lift, 33's, rear locker, HAM radio, GPS, CB radio, 9000lb winch.
    Sales at AutoNation Dodge Ram Arapahoe
    I do everything the voices in my wifes head tell me to do. WWW.303OVERLAND.COM

I watched the video! Nice work! I didn't think it'd come out that easy, especially considering the weight of the dually.

Member #
    Whats funny is if you look close the rear wheels were not turning! Toyota power lol

I did notice that. Seemed his brakes were locked up.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    Less than a mile from my house someone died from exposure. Still no idea why they would have gone out of their house but there was no power out here. Visibility was under 2' and they found the guy in a pasture and a woman that had hypothermia.
    Pretty sad story if you haven't heard what happened yet..

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Ma...507170281.html

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleD View Post
    Pretty sad story if you haven't heard what happened yet..

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Ma...507170281.html
    Wow. That's terrible.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Harry was a really good man. I can see the spot they found him from my garage.

The drifts are still 5' high where my sons truck is parked.

The dogs can still walk out of the backyard.

I thought (my first mistake) this drift was only about a foot deep, I was very wrong.

I had to do this to get it out.

Where it was

Wow, that is crazy!! Thanks for sharing! I realize it was dangerous and sad in some instances, but it look like a lot of fun now!

I recall as a kid living near Del Norte, that we got a pretty good storm one winter. Our house was on an acre that was mostly fenced with a fence that blocked wind. Along our west fence, which was about 200ft, a drift had formed on either side of it. The drift was hard enough that I made a tunnel nearly the entire 200ft inside the one drift, even taking a spray bottle out at night to ice down the inside so you could dive in a slide a long ways. With the other drift, the crust was about 1 foot thick so we made one heck of a snow castle!

Member #
    Images

In about 1957 in Amarillo I drove a 1946 Chevy cab over that had been made into a wrecker. Two Aussie Army guys said they had a new Mercury stuck in a drift 'bout 20 miles west of town on highway 66. I loaded up some shovels, blankets and supplies and we headed west. We hit a state road block at the helium plant were the highway 66 under pass was leveled with snow So I wanted to use the old narrow Highway 66 and the dudes said hell no again.
    But they let a huge electric service Dodge power wagon break a huge drift on the old road and go so I showed my supplies and the two strong army grunt guys. So we got to go off into the wild white yonder. I had double chains on duelly (dully ha) the drive axle and barely got over the first dozen drifts. But one was, as all, busted through but again one drift the cab over was five feet above the flat pavement on pure ice and snow.
    I made it back towing the Merc in about 4 hours and at the road block was the TV crew. They took great shots of me in the window with The J.E. Battenfield Rambler Dealership sign on the door. They aired this on the ch 7 for a couple of days. Jay gave me a fat pay raise for helping the Aussies and the advertizing!
    We also had a home made 1946 nash coupe cab- 46 Ford truck- Packard V-8 wrecker but the cab over had better visiblity.

Them were the days.. Don S..
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

This was taken yesterday morning. That truck is still buried in the drift. Just looked cool with the tail lights from my truck on the snow, the fog with the shop light in the background.