Member #
    Images

replacement engine shop

looking for a shop to do either a rebuild or replacement for a 4.7 v8 in my wifes 99 wj. almost 300k and finally went bye bye. she loves this one, and doesnt want another, even tho its much cheaper to buy them these days. anyone have dealing with local shops they would recommend? i know im looking at at least 5k, just want a good install since i have zero free time anymore. the rest of the parts are great condition since i usually keep it new when problems arise so a long block would be ok. i have no experience with rebuilds but would want another 100k mileage out of it again at least. its too early and i ramble. thanks for any input folks!
    06 rubicon unlimited, Rokmen all around

Carl Sagan: "If it can be destroyed by the truth, then it deserves to be destroyed by the truth"

Member #
    Images
    Ive learned to away from atk

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Ive learned to away from atk
    What is atk?

BTW, all I know is my wife wants this vehicle, for some reason. I keep her happy, 5k is a small amount considering she could want a new Land Rover again

Member #
    I'm guessing he means these guys.

https://www.high-performance-engines.com/
    95 ZJ, Lift, dents, and noise.

Member #
    Images
    Yes, those guys.

Honestly, in my experience running my shop the engine remanufacturing is about the same across the board for what your looking for. My recommendation is make sure you get one that has labor warranty coverage. We have not had great luck with Jasper, however they have honored their warranty no questions asked and paid both parts and labor for our customers.

We also did one from "factory motor parts" which had a defective rear main seal and leaked from day one. They did pay out on it but were more difficult then Jasper.

Honestly if it were mine and I knew I was gonna keep it I'd buy a factory long block from Jeep. They have a great warranty and can be installed at any shop and still have warranty work done at a dealership in a different state if needed.

Oh and don't bother with local machine shops. No warranty coverage and lack luster performance that will lead you to a 5 month long small claims law suit.....ask me how I know.

David

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    1976 Bronco Undergoing complete frame off "on hold".

2001 WJ, 4.7, Np231 swap, Claytons long arms, Aussie locker, ARB bumper

Member #
    Did you ever find a shop?

Member #
    Images
    sorry i just got a notice about this. i ended up going with DMG auto. 6531 Washington St O, Denver, CO 80229
    ended up just doing a complete rebuild

so far im pretty happy with them.
    i also cleared my inbox.

Member #
    Thanks, would you be willing to share the price? You can PM me if you don't want to post it here. Was yours a HO or the standard 4.7?
    Last edited by K2; October 3rd, 2019 at 11:40 AM.

Member #
    Images
    regular 4.7. full rebuild , turned crank but rods n pistons n heads were new, the rest was machined. just over 4k.
    sorry for late reply, gmail has started filing these under spam for some reason. hopefully ive fixed this.

Member #
    No worries, I appreciate the info, thanks.

Member #
    Images
    Its getting difficult to find good engine shops!