Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 110 of 110
  1. #81
    Put some more miles on the truck and haven't had another issue. I guess it was the EGR throttle plate after all (fingers crossed).

    Truck is a blast to drive (aside from parking, which isn't helped by the busted mirror) and I can't wait to see how it does with a rig behind it.

    Next Todo is to figure out where it's still leaking oil from.
    break, fix, repeat

  2. #82
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    134
    That's great news! Congrats man!

  3. #83
    That IS good news!

    Just keep smiling!
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That's great news! Congrats man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    That IS good news!

    Just keep smiling!
    hahaha I'm sure I've been driving around with a dumbass grin on my face


    Still kind of dumb that it was the throttle plate (no jinx) but I don't regret looking through the EGR, Turbo, and Fuel system to make sure those were all in order.

  5. #85
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    hahaha I'm sure I've been driving around with a dumbass grin on my face


    Still kind of dumb that it was the throttle plate (no jinx) but I don't regret looking through the EGR, Turbo, and Fuel system to make sure those were all in order.
    Sounds like you were due for a turbo anyways

  6. #86
    While the main culprit may have been the throttle plate, you found multiple other things that needed fixing.

    The REAL bonus was that you got them all at once....imagine having to go back, and go back, and go back....you would have been ready to burn it to the ground!

    Remember, because I didn't go ahead and do my STC fitting while I had the turbo off, I get to go back and take the turbo off again when I do fix it.

    You are WAY ahead of the game now.

  7. #87
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Winner winner chicken dinner!!

  8. #88
    👍🏼

  9. #89
    cheftyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Member #
    8454
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    While the main culprit may have been the throttle plate, you found multiple other things that needed fixing.

    The REAL bonus was that you got them all at once....imagine having to go back, and go back, and go back....you would have been ready to burn it to the ground!

    Remember, because I didn't go ahead and do my STC fitting while I had the turbo off, I get to go back and take the turbo off again when I do fix it.

    You are WAY ahead of the game now.
    This!
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

  10. #90
    truck is still running great. I need to replace the glow plugs harnesses because they are leaking oil but they are only about $90 shipped from White Bear Lake Ford.

    After busting the degas nipple off of the radiator and unsuccessfully trying to keep it from leaking with JB Weld/Water weld/RTV I ordered an aluminum radiator off of eBay.

  11. #91
    I know it's been a struggle at times, but I still think you got a good deal.

  12. #92

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    I know it's been a struggle at times, but I still think you got a good deal.
    great deal is relative, but I am pretty content with what I have in the truck compared to what I could have paid for a """mint""" one. It's all relative. I've wanted a truck like this for a long time and anticipate keeping it for a long time as well


    I just ordered glow plug harnesses and a set of new mirrors as well.

  14. #94
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    134
    Have you tried towing with this yet?

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Have you tried towing with this yet?
    Nope, I wanted to shake out as many of the bugs as I could before I put a trailer behind it. I should be pretty close to being at that point, though. Last thing I really want to do is the front swaybar bushings.


    The truck has a brake controller that looks like a Tekonsha Voyager (label has peeled off) but I don't know if it's wired up correctly or functional.


    I've been driving it to work and running errands in it without having another issue yet

  16. #96
    Struggle and 6.0 PSD are nearly synonymous.

    On your brake controller, I believe I had the same one. If it was done right, there should have been a harness that plugged into the factory wiring. Should have been a plug and play operation. IIRC there should be two blue dots on the screen when no trailer is plugged in. Or if you modulate the gain, it should flash some numbers.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc View Post
    Struggle and 6.0 PSD are nearly synonymous.

    On your brake controller, I believe I had the same one. If it was done right, there should have been a harness that plugged into the factory wiring. Should have been a plug and play operation. IIRC there should be two blue dots on the screen when no trailer is plugged in. Or if you modulate the gain, it should flash some numbers.
    Yeah, 6.0s don't have the best reputation...but damn do they sound good and make good power... When they're running right ()

    I'll have to dig around and see how it's hooked up. I was playing with it and it didn't seem to do anything.

  18. #98
    Mine had two: the factory in-dash (in-op) and another below the dash - apparently just for the gooseneck.

  19. #99
    Got some more stuff done, aluminum radiator is in, rear diff fluid changed, and got 1/2 new mirrors on.




    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  20. #100
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    134
    Woohoo! Progress!

  21. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Woohoo! Progress!
    He would have done even more had he not been interrupted for two hours....

  22. #102
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    He would have done even more had he not been interrupted for two hours....
    I am sure he was very happy to see you.

  23. #103

  24. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I am sure he was very happy to see you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    He would have done even more had he not been interrupted for two hours....
    Always a welcome visitor

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  25. #105
    Got the other mirror on this evening and took the truck out to try and work the bubbles out of the cooling system. Oh and I ordered 2 keyless entry fobs on eBay for like $8 since I only had one so I programmed one for my spare key too.

    The glow plugs harnesses and tool came in the mail yesterday but I ran out of steam to keep working on things thus evening.


    Have I mentioned I love this damn thing? lmao

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  26. #106
    Now I can see what I'm backing into

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  27. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    now i can see what i'm backing over

    fify.

  28. #108
    K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    1092
    Plans for the old (passenger side) mirrors?
    95 ZJ, Lift, dents, and noise.

  29. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Plans for the old (passenger side) mirrors?
    If you have any interest I'd be willing to let it go pretty cheap. They are heated and powered

  30. #110
    K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    1092
    I'll ask my buddy tonight, his is smashed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •