Member #
    Images

A CO4x4 member has passed - chester70

I just wanted to let you all know that Shaun Manchester (chester70) passed away yesterday. He was working on his jeep at home alone when it fell on him. His wife, Lissa, came home later and found him.

Shaun was such a kind, caring, giving, generous, loving person... there will be a huge hole left in this world. Gone way too soon. Between his work with rescue dogs, and the way he helped everyone he could, the world is a less bright place with him gone. Shaun, thank you for your friendship all these years, you will always hold a special place in my heart. My thoughts, love, and prayers go out to his wife Lissa, and to all Shaun's family and friends. Rest in peace, my friend.

I will post updates about services etc. as I get them.

https://www.facebook.com/rezdawgresc...29786343789449

Lissa, Shaun's wife, is asking if she can maybe get together with some of you next year to go wheeling and spread his ashes.
    Her FB: https://www.facebook.com/lissa.fratz

Viewing Nov 1 from 6pm-7pm.
    Service Nov 2 @ 3pm.
    Pueblo west funeral home
    Address: 381 S Joe Martinez Blvd, Pueblo West, CO 81007
    Last edited by OFRD_GRL; October 24th, 2018 at 04:19 PM.
    ~Una
    "°dn ǝpżs ʎużɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    Thanks Una.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Viewing Nov 1 from 6pm-7pm.
    Service Nov 2 @ 3pm.

Pueblo west funeral home
    Address: 381 S Joe Martinez Blvd, Pueblo West, CO 81007

Member #
    I texted the bad news to CherryokeeXJ aka Kim this morning because I was pretty sure she knew Shawn but doesn't frequent the board much anymore and she needed to know. Kim is having a hard time getting signed onto colo4x4 so she just texted me requesting that I post this for her.

I was grateful it rained today. I read about Shaun first thing this morning, and he hasn't left my mind since. I wasn't close to him, but we did a trail cleanup together one year, and he traded an XJ for a Wrangler we had at the time. His demeanor was humble and his smile was honest. We spent hours on this forum talking for years. I will always consider that man my friend.

So yeah....the grey skies and the drizzle of rain were appropriate. It made sense because a bright spot in this dark damn world has gone out. I can't express the level of my condolences to his wife. I can't even fathom the level of pain that must be saturating her right now.

Shaun, rest in peace brother. Know that your life meant so much to so many people, and what you gave to world with your time genuinely made it a better place. Your loss has reminded me of the fragility of life; how critical it is that your greatest investment in this world be love, and to do it with integrity and humility. Thank you for crossing my path in this life. It was genuinely an honor. 🍺

Member #
    I may add for those of you who don't read the fringe that there are similar thoughts from many of us there as the tragedy was known there for a while before this thread was made.

I will go ahead and add my thoughts here as well. I only met Shawn in person one time when he came to Hillside 4x4 to look at the projects we had going on as well as just to meet me so we could put faces to names.

Although I didn't know Shawn that well on a one to one basis, I will have to say that the comments that others have made about him sum up my thoughts on him as well. We not only have communicated here on this board for years but have kept in touch via text as well and i also consider him a lost friend.

He was always willing to help anyone on the board who needed help and the time and effort he put into helping out rescue dogs IMO tells the whole story of his character.

Shawn, you will be....you are missed my friend.

Shaun,

I'm so sorry you've left us so soon. I'm very sorry I never got the chance to meet you in person. You were always kind to me both in public forums and via private message or text. I wish your family peace and comfort during this trying time. They will be in my prayers in the coming days and weeks.
    Josh
    I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

Member #
    Images

A CO4x4 member has passed - chester70

I hadnít had time to talk to Shaun in a long time, and I was shocked to hear of his passing. He was a great guy as others have said already, and this world is a less awesome place now that heís gone.
    RIP, my friend.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    A moment of silence.
    RIP friend.
    2 OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. THE THIRD KEEPS YELLING PULL THE TRIGGER.

EVERY TIME YOU KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT SO YOU DONT OFFEND SOMEONE YOU LOSE A LITTLE PEACE OF YOURE 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS !!!!!

Member #
    Images
    I didn't know him but I consider all wheelers to be friends. Such a tragic event. My condolences to the family.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

God needed a special angel and Shaun was that soul.

I'm saddened to hear about his passing but we should rejoice in his life. His is one that deserves to be celebrated, remembered, and imitated.

Member #
    Images
    I was lucky enough to meet Shaun and put a face to a name. He trailered an XJ all the way from Manitou to Meeker so we could look at it for my son. It was just not the right vehicle, without batting an eye he said no big deal. Who does that? My wife is the animal control officer here in Meeker, it is a tough job, so many people think pets are disposable. Shaun volunteered and fostered dogs that really needed it. They are very few bad dogs, there are a ton of people who should not have pets. Fostering keeps a lot of perfectly good pets from being put down.

Shaun was a stand up individual. Condolences and prayers to his friends and family.

Godspeed Shaun
    ďThe simple minded know many things that the wise ignoreĒ

Other than seeing some posts on here, I never met Shaun. But after reading this thread on Friday, the family was in my prayers all weekend. I cannot imagine losing a spouse in this manner. Continued prayers for peace and comfort thru these difficult times.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    Images
    For those who would like to know a little more about Shaun.

Member #
    Images
    Yea, it takes a double take on that date he got married too

Member #
    Images
    Thanks, Andy, I still canít believe it.

Member #
    Images
    Iím so sorry to hear this and I regret that Iím so late to respond and offer my condolences. I donít believe I had the privilege to meet Shaun but I certainly recognize his username, and clearly from the experiences that others have shared he was a truly wonderful person. He deserved to live a long, happy life. His wife, family and friends are all in my thoughts.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    My deepest condolences. RIP Chester70. We will miss you on the forum and on the trail.