Voting: Judicial reviews

It's that time again when we are asked to vote to retain judges. I will say that there has been an effort to make sure the judicial reviews are more readily available that last election, but I wish there was more useful information on the pages. It currently amounts to a bio and the results of the feedback from attorneys and judges.

Unfortunately we live in a time of activists courts where the power to make policy is often differed to the judicial. I take the retention of judges seriously and wonder if someone has a good resource that presents in layman's terms how judges, especially those on the CO supreme and appellate courts, voted on past cases.

I am especially interested in how they ruled on past firearms legislation as it went through it's legal challenges.

Any suggestions?
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    My wife and I are always digging for that information too. Like you, we take that stuff very seriously and try to vote with knowledge. I'm hoping someone has the answer you seek because we would love to make use of it to!

Absent any other data, which is most of the time, I vote to retain those appointed by conservatives, and against the rest, while keeping in mind who will appoint the replacements. This year, unfortunately, the replacements are likely to be left even of the current crop, so I'll pass on all but those I want retained.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    ''Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.'' - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by ScaldedDog View Post
    Absent any other data, which is most of the time, I vote to retain those appointed by conservatives, and against the rest, while keeping in mind who will appoint the replacements. This year, unfortunately, the replacements are likely to be left even of the current crop, so I'll pass on all but those I want retained.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    My wife and I did the same for the same reasons.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Images
    Where do you find that information?

You know, we spend a good 4-6 times more time voting that it takes me to do our taxes!

Member #
    Images
    Found Ballot Pedia. That combined with the info we got in the mail to cross reference helps a ton!

https://ballotpedia.org is where we go.

what happened to Da Judge aka Al????
    Metalhed
    Rock on Dude

Member #
    Images
    I look for a few things in the committee's review - like including things in the decision that didn't need to be decided. To me, that sounds like an activist judge. I take a close look at any judge that shows bias according to the reviews. I do a search on all of them for news articles. In years past, there's been some that hit the news for things that aren't very judge-like, so I voted against 'em. For the most part I vote to retain, they have to somehow blow it for me top vote to get rid of them.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhed View Post
    what happened to Da Judge aka Al????

He must have run out of jokes... he always had them for us and another 4x4 site we were on...

Sure miss him.. Don S..
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

He's still got jokes. He posts them on FB all the time.

In the past I have used the who nominated them method but wanted to do better this year

Spent a lot of time googling news articles, very time consuming and frustrating

In the end I was able to find little about them, especially the local judges, and reverted largely back to the who nominated them method with a little more knowledge about how they had decisioned cases in the past