Member #
    Images

Project dirty taco

I thought it was time to up grade the DD suby to something a little more fun plus it will allow me to load the camper in the big truck in the spring and take it off in late fall when camping/ wheeling season is done and I still can go to Loweís to get things for the house. The idea behind this is to do a small lift, 33ís or 32ís, bumpers, sliders, and winch. This will let us play on some trails that I wouldnít take the buggy to and have a DD that has lots of different possibilities!

Just pick this 03 taco up yesterday!

rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

Member #
    Images
    Supercharger!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

Looks like a clean slate
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images
    Nice find
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    Supercharger!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    You never know what Iíll come across! But I heard that they are a kick in the pants with them on this motor!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Looks like a clean slate
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Nice find
    Thanks guys itís took some time to find one

My fauther in law has that same setup, he just turned 325k miles on his as a dd
    91 Toyota ex cab 4x4 silver with 5.5in lift, 33's, rear locker, HAM radio, GPS, CB radio, 9000lb winch.
    Sales at Stevinson Toyota West
    I do everything the voices in my wifes head tell me to do.

Also i would stick to 32ís if you dont plan on gears. Im running 33ís with stock 4.56 and mine likes to favor 3rd gear. I think with 32ís id be on the other side of 4th gear.

Member #
    Images
    Thanks man this one has 160k on it and it feels like a great runner!

I have no problem regearing it if need but it would be nice not too lol

Member #
    Images
    A guy at work got new tires and wheels so I rolled them up to my truck to get an idea on the size Iím looking at.... this is a 265/75r16ís. I also removed the mud flaps for the truck and went through the truck with a fine tooth comb made a list of things the truck needs

Last edited by tjjared413; September 12th, 2018 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tjjared413 View Post
    Thanks man this one has 160k on it and it feels like a great runner!

I have no problem regearing it if need but it would be nice not too lol
    If it's a manual you can probably get away without a regear. I'm running 295/70R17s on stock gears and actually didn't even see a drop in mileage (after accounting for speedo/odo difference) but most of my miles are at 45-50mph to/from work

Member #
    If it's a manual you can probably get away without a regear. I'm running 295/70R17s on stock gears and actually didn't even see a drop in mileage (after accounting for speedo/odo difference) but most of my miles are at 45-50mph to/from work
    I've got a manual with 265/75-16s and my mileage is about 21-22mpg depending on the moons rotation, using stock gears.
    2007 Tundra TRD, 2001 Taco ExtendedCab TRD, 2014 Rav4

I've had your Jeep thing...Now it burns when I pee.

Member #
    Images
    It is! Just trying to nail down tire size thatís going to work for me and the DD/ wheeling needs why trying to remember that I donít need to go crazy with this one I already have a buggy and I need to drive this one every day 😂 .

Quote Originally Posted by kemosabee View Post
    I've got a manual with 265/75-16s and my mileage is about 21-22mpg depending on the moons rotation, using stock gears.
    Thatís great! Mine needs a full tune up but Iíll see what the first tank of fuel brings!
    Last edited by tjjared413; September 14th, 2018 at 10:29 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Iím getting ready to start doing all the maintenance on this thing plus fixing a few other odds and ends. I have also decided on the shocks and level kit, Iíll be going with bilstins shocks all the way around the fronts will be adjustable. I was also able to nail down the wheels and tires just not the size... wheels will be Walker Evans and tires will be BFGs KO2.

Started shopping for bumpers and sliders I really like addicted off roads but I may just build some to save some coin

Member #
    Images
    Getting closer to getting parts on order just slowly going through all the little things like tonight I fixed a front axle seal that started dumping oil and pressure washed the under side..... this thing lived on my wifeís uncles farm for the last few years so that cool

Getting closer to getting parts on order just slowly going through all the little things like tonight I fixed a front axle seal that started dumping oil and pressure washed the under side..... this thing lived on my wifeís uncles farm for the last few years so that cool
    I just did both my front axle seals this weekend too... I did the passenger one earlier in this summer and had it fail on me, they are a lot harder to get the depth right on

Walker Evans are gonna look sweet!

Member #
    Images
    I just did both my front axle seals this weekend too... I did the passenger one earlier in this summer and had it fail on me, they are a lot harder to get the depth right on
    Yeah for sure but it wasnít to bad...

Walker Evans are gonna look sweet!
    I think so to!!! But the wife has other ideas on wheels now.... Iím kinda letting her have some input on this build sence she is claiming this is her truck now 😂

Yeah for sure but it wasnít to bad...

I think so to!!! But the wife has other ideas on wheels now.... Iím kinda letting her have some input on this build sence she is claiming this is her truck now 😂

first they say they're not hungry before eating all of your french fries, then they take the truck

Member #
    Images
    first they say they're not hungry before eating all of your french fries, then they take the truck
    😂

Member #
    Images
    Placed a rock auto order today for all new brakes, belts some other odds and ends.... I already have all the coolant and most of the oil for the trans and the diffs along with new spark plugs.

Wish I was ordering cooler things like wheels and lift but thatís next order after I get this damn Subaru fixed and sold