Member #
    Images

recommend a wj engine shop

looks like the 4.7l wj i recently purchased blew a head gasket or two. blowing white smoke out exhaust now, not a ton but still there, and losing antifreeze. anyone have a recommendation for a shop on the west side of denver? kinda need someone quick, as i have a family trip planned for end of september and still have to install my IRO 6.5 lift before then too.
    06 rubicon unlimited, Rokmen all around

Carl Sagan: "If it can be destroyed by the truth, then it deserves to be destroyed by the truth"

I'd bet the heads are warped too, pretty common on those if they've gotten hot.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    www.staythetrail.org

Member #
    Crate engine.
    2 OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. THE THIRD KEEPS YELLING PULL THE TRIGGER.

EVERY TIME YOU KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT SO YOU DONT OFFEND SOMEONE YOU LOSE A LITTLE PEACE OF YOURE 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS !!!!!

Member #
    Images
    Guy on Colorado Jeep parts trader group on FB parting out an '04 w/9k on the engine (also a 4.7).

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I'd bet the heads are warped too, pretty common on those if they've gotten hot.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    yep, i fear that also. will see when it gets taken off. ive heard they can be machined and used again with no problem, but this is not my area of expertise so will wait and see when i can get a mechanic

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by THE STRANGER View Post
    Crate engine.
    not sure i can afford a crate and install, and i simply dont have the time to do this myself. i hate not doing my own work, but am gonna have to bite the bullet and break out the AMEX

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CSP View Post
    Guy on Colorado Jeep parts trader group on FB parting out an '04 w/9k on the engine (also a 4.7).
    is FB facebook? im not a member/client/participant if thats what it is. maybe i should be, depending on what he would want for the engine. still have to fins someone to swap them for me too

Quote Originally Posted by ttim View Post
    is FB facebook? im not a member/client/participant if thats what it is. maybe i should be, depending on what he would want for the engine. still have to fins someone to swap them for me too
    Yes, FB has some better deals than Craigslist nowadays since it's easier for people to post ads given that they already have a login/app for it

Member #
    Images
    I got my 4.0 motor for my WJ from Timbukthree in Englewood. They also do 4.7 motors. They offer with and without install.

I had a good experience with them.

Tell them guy with 4.0 in in January sent you.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn WJ View Post
    I got my 4.0 motor for my WJ from Timbukthree in Englewood. They also do 4.7 motors. They offer with and without install.

I think I am going to get my 4.7ho from them. They have one on CL for $1,870. Cheapest one I have found, shops quoted me $2600 for an engine rebuild and some that was just the labor. The old ad said install was about $1800 as well.

ttim I would trade you swap help if you were closer, I need to get mine done, I just need to pull the trigger.
    95 ZJ, Lift, dents, and noise.

Quote Originally Posted by mtn WJ View Post

I've had good luck with Timbukthree too, but they moved to Westcliffe.
    `04 Rubicon
    `93 Club Cab W250 Cummins
    '12 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost

Member #
    Images
    Oh, yes I thought they were going to move, I believe they are building a shop on their property. From what I understood they planned to shuttle engines back and forth to Denver area.