Gambling for St Jude's

Come this Sept 22nd/23rd I will be embarking on an automotive adventure, the Gambler 500 across the state of UT. The idea is you use a vehicle costing less than $500 to navigate to a series of 16 checkpoints across 500 miles in 2 days. https://www.utahgambler500.com/

So as I was lying in bed last night not able to fall asleep I had a brilliant idea, what if this manchild adventure I am planning to undertake could in some way benefit society? In the spirit of Jake and Elwood Blues, I am on a mission from God to save the kids.

I am proposing a pledge drive, for every checkpoint along the way that I make it I am asking people to pledge an amount to donate to St Jude's hospital for kids. There are 16 checkpoints along the whole course so if you pledged $5 a checkpoint you would donate $80 assuming I complete the course. It doesn't have to be $5, anything would be great, I am setting a fundraising goal of $10,000. If you don't know about St Jude's it is a childrens research hospital that takes on the toughest cases at no cost to the families, honestly an amazing charity; https://www.stjude.org/

I am not asking anyone to send me money and I am not going to come around to your house after the rally to collect checks, just asking you to donate directly to St Jude's based on the pledge you make and how many checkpoints we successfully complete.

Here is our little gem of a gambler, yes it is recycled from someone who ran the gambler 500 in OR earlier this year, yes it is every bit as craptastic as it looks, yes I have my doubts that it will make the first checkpoint let alone all 16. I guess in a way you will be gambling too, gambling how much you will end up donating to St Jude's.

Day 1 $350

Last edited by noahfecks; August 10th, 2018 at 09:39 PM.
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    I'm in. On of the channels I subscribe to on YouTube builds 1 or 2 cars for the OR Gambler every year and it looks like a blast of manchild fun
    I don't see the vehicle, though.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

I'm in for $10 a checkpoint. Good luck, looks like a blast!

Member #
    Images
    I am in for sure. But please show us the vehicle. The crappier it is the more I will pledge per checkpoint. That way if you only get to one or two there will be at least some substance to my donation.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

Awesome idea! I am in for $3/checkpoint. Can I send you some vinyl decals?

Pics only work if you login to RME and open them in new tabs :O
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images

Gambling for St Jude's

In for $5 per. Donít have an RME account, can you post them up another way?
    Last edited by cheftyler; August 11th, 2018 at 01:03 AM.

can someone please let me know if the pictures are working now?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    can someone please let me know if the pictures are working now?
    They are and that is indeed a complete turd. I will throw in fiddy regardless of checkpoints passed because i am seeing it not making it out of your driveway.

Sounds like a fun time though.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Can I send you some vinyl decals?
    Sure what do you have in mind?

Can you make customs? Would love to have some that say "Gambling for St Jude's" and "On A Mission From God To Save The Kids"

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    They are and that is indeed a complete turd. I will throw in fiddy regardless of checkpoints passed because i am seeing it not making it out of your driveway.

Sounds like a fun time though.
    Other than the rust and a broken front strut, it seems fairly mechanically sound. I have been warned against getting more than 4 feet of air when jumping it.

2WD, Reverse, turn the wheel to full lock, dump the clutch - The rear pivot wheel never moves, it spins in place making perfect circles

It has a train whistle and a PA system for directing traffic.

Member #
    Other than the rust and a broken front strut, it seems fairly mechanically sound. I have been warned against getting more than 4 feet of air when jumping it.

2WD, Reverse, turn the wheel to full lock, dump the clutch - The rear pivot wheel never moves, it spins in place making perfect circles

Sounds fairly fawesome.

Member #
    Images

Sure what do you have in mind?

Can you make customs? Would love to have some that say "Gambling for St Jude's" and "On A Mission From God To Save The Kids"
    Yes, I can do custom! Those all sound better than "I slow down in school zones"

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    This is awesome! I need to find some spare cash and support ya'll.

Member #
    Awesome cause and way to support them. That is one of the few charities we support regularly. I personally know a young man that benefited from them in a big way.
    I suffered trail rejection from a carb infection and after futher inspection fuel injection was my election for proper correction and now I want some gear selection, any question?