Member #
    Images

Holy Cross - Sat Aug 11

Looks like my regualr crew bailed on me for this but I'm still planning to go. I've been trying to take my daughter here for a couple years now and she's really looking forward to it and I don't want to cancel. Push come to shove, I'll run the trail by meself but I really don't like doing that. I'm plenty capable to get through everything unassisted, but there's always the potential of Murphy crashing the party. I'd love to do Cleavand Rock too, but there's no way I'm doing that solo.

I'm heading up right after picking my daughter up from school on Friday the 10th. I'm in a Silver Duramax dulley with a banged up silver & black geap. Hit me up if you're interested. This is me...

Member #
    Images
    Man I would love to make that if my shit tranny luck truns around
    rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

Member #
    Images
    Funny...I'm in the same trany fiasco. I'm picking my up tomorrow morning and putting her in tomorrow. Reverse wasn't engaging fast enough so I had the band replaced. I would have torn her apart meself, but I was out of time & I needed parts anyway. I crushed my thrust washer as a result of the reverse issue and then there was a debocle about keeping or removing the intermediate band for engine braking. Fun, fun, fun!

Member #
    Images
    Dang!!!

Member #
    Images
    Transmission works, so I'm good to go! My new -10 lines for the remote oil filter are leaking though This is the second set too and I made sure not to overtighten them! I don't know what's up with these fittings. Maybe I should try Russell instead of Earl. I have Earl's on everything else though

Member #
    Images
    Iíve had good luck with summits brand

If everything falls into place I will be up there. What time do you think you will be at the trailhead?

Member #
    Images
    Nice! I should be there about 6:30 tomorrow night and hit the trailhead Saturday mid-morning sometime. Since I'm flying solo thus far and it's my daughter's first time out, I don't see the need to wake her up early. I know it's Saturday, but it's just meself so I'll probably hit the trailhead around 0900-ish. What are you driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    If everything falls into place I will be up there. What time do you think you will be at the trailhead?
    Last edited by TheJeepGuy; August 9th, 2018 at 10:35 PM.

09:00 works well for me as I will be coming up in the morning. Catch you then!

Last edited by Sam I Am; August 10th, 2018 at 05:43 AM.

Member #
    Images
    Sounds great! Hopefully I get there sometime tonight. I-70 is closed due to a crash and US-6 is jacked! See you in the morning

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJeepGuy View Post
    Sounds great! Hopefully I get there sometime tonight. I-70 is closed due to a crash and US-6 is jacked! See you in the morning
    Wish I could be there but with storm king mountain catching on fire delayed me working on mine! Have fun!
    Last edited by tjjared413; August 10th, 2018 at 07:53 PM.

Member #
    Images
    How was it?