Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2018 Thread

Member #
    Images
    That was a shitty call. Reffing sucked on both sides. Sutton needs to retire. One day from getting Thomas. Fawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

Member #
    Images
    Pretty cool left handed throw with Von dragging him down. Thought you had it on the last drive.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    That was a shitty call. Reffing sucked on both sides. Sutton needs to retire. One day from getting Thomas. Fawk

He is an ass but a good DB is a good DB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images

I got to watch all the Texas Tech games and Mahomes was exciting to watch.
    I was disheartened when he was picked up by the sea-hogs.
    The dude is 5 and 0 as a starter. Play calling for KC in the 1st half was not using Mahomes as he should be.
    I was proud to be donk fan. I thought they played very well.

Don't we still have replacement officials on the field from years ago.. Don S..
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Don S View Post

I got to watch all the Texas Tech games and Mahomes was exciting to watch.
    I was disheartened when he was picked up by the sea-hogs.
    The dude is 5 and 0 as a starter. Play calling for KC in the 1st half was not using Mahomes as he should be.
    I was proud to be donk fan. I thought they played very well.

Don't we still have replacement officials on the field from years ago.. Don S..
    They were better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Worst part about the crap refs are people can throw the blame their way instead of the horrible play calling and general coaching of this team. Vance and Musgrave need to go. In that same manner, so does the mormon who keeps hiring these idiots. Elway needs to stop playing GM and let a real one take over. And Keenum needs to settle the hell down and stop overthrowing every receiver when he is flustered/hurried. He might have been a better choice than Cousins due to the $$$ involved. But he is not a decent starting QB, and yet Kubiak and Elway can't get enough of him.
    While Musgrave made a few bonehead calls last night I feel like he is the bright spot in our coaching staff. Joe Woods is terrible along with VJ. I am with you that it's time for Joe Ellis to sort some things out at the GM position. I hear Jack DelRio is available as a coach

I have said from the beginning that Keenum is no better than Semian at twice the price. The o-line still doesn't give any QB much of a chance to be successful in the passing game but they are improving in the run game.
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    Besides the missed delay of game call, why did they go man to man?

Member #
    Come on first draft pick!!!
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

That was pathetic

I am updating my season record forecast to 4-12

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    That was pathetic

I am updating my season record forecast to 4-12
    4 may be optimistic.

Member #
    Guess is was a day for blowouts ... my rv water system, my yard sprinklers, the broncos, the rockies ...

Member #
    The Broncos vs Rams should be another blowout getting us one step closer to the number one draft pick.

The Chefs vs NE should be a good game. Go Chefs!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    The Broncos vs Rams should be another blowout getting us one step closer to the number one draft pick.

The Broncos game will also hopefully put us one step closer to firing coaches.

Member #

Huh..... The donkeys somehow managed to not get blown out but the KC/NE game is starting out looking like it might be.

All of this is different than I imagined. Hopefully KC can get it together.

They played just well enough for VJ to keep his job for another week

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Huh..... The donkeys somehow managed to not get blown out but the KC/NE game is starting out looking like it might be.

All of this is different than I imagined. Hopefully KC can get it together.
    They played just well enough for VJ to keep his job for another week
    What game were you all watching??? The Broncos were never in it. They scored and got most of their yards while playing from behind during trash time. Unfortunately, the Bronxos looked horrible on both sides of the ball again. And play calling was definitely to blame. And Keenum couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if he wanted to. He would get nervous and overthrow it

Member #
    Images
    https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...s/73-604326050

"The Broncos have not had back-to-back losing seasons since 1971-72.

Their once vaunted defense is now atrocious. Historically bad. The Broncos are the first team since the 1978 Buffalo Bills to give up at least 270 rushing yards in back-to-back games.

Here’s the evil topper: The Broncos just became the first team in NFL history to allow a 200-yard individual rusher in back-to-back games. FIRST TIME EVER."

Member #
    What game were you all watching???
    I wasn't watching it period because I don't pay for TV. Regardless of how bad they played, a 3 point loss isn't a blowout in my book.

Member #
    Images
    I wasn't watching it period because I don't pay for TV. Regardless of how bad they played, a 3 point loss isn't a blowout in my book.
    If you didn't watch, you have no idea what you are talking about then. All points closing the gap came at trash time. Broncos were never in it. They played horrible. They gave up over 200 rushing yards again. 2nd game in a row. Keenum is the only QB to throw an interception in every game. He couldn't complete a pass when needed, and liked to run backwards before taking each sack instead of throwing it away. He is a crap qb coached by crap coaches. Only bright side was Chubb. Every good play was followed by a horrible one. Welcome the 2nd losing year in a row. All thanks to the horrible GM who can't draft a qb or hire a decent coaching staff
    Last edited by Aaron; October 15th, 2018 at 10:59 AM.

Member #
    If you didn't watch, you have no idea what you are talking about then. All points closing the gap came at trash time. Broncos were never in it. They played horrible. They gave up over 200 rushing yards again. 2nd game in a row. Keenum is the only QB to throw an interception in every game. He couldn't complete a pass when needed, and liked to run backwards before taking each sack instead of throwing it away. He is a crap qb coached by crap coaches. Only bright side was Chubb. Every good play was followed by a horrible one. Welcome the 2nd losing year in a row. All thanks to the horrible GM who can't draft a qb or hire a decent coaching staff
    Where did i give any indication they the broncos played good. All i said was that they didn't get blown out. I don't care when or how the points came, a three point loss isn't a blow out.

Member #
    Images
    Where did i give any indication they the broncos played good. All i said was that they didn't get blown out. I don't care when or how the points came, a three point loss isn't a blow out.
    When it's 20-3, the opposing team plays deep prevent. Broncos where never in the game. But you wouldn't know that if you didn't even watch the game.

Member #
    When it's 20-3, the opposing team plays deep prevent. Broncos where never in the game. But you wouldn't know that if you didn't even watch the game.
    Ok.

Member #
    Images
    I would disagree, the defense played good enough to keep them in the game. Before yesterdays game the Rams averages 35 points per game. Yes they gave up a shit ton of yards but only 23 points. They held them to field goals several times in the red zone. I do agree though that the offense is horrible.

There were a lot of good games yesterday, many came to the last few plays of the game and even a couple of over time games. Many amazing plays too. I pretty much watch RedZone all day and it was very entertaining.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    the defense played good enough to keep them in the game.
    when a historically horrible defense is called good enough

Member #
    Images
    Nothing matters except points. Looks a Keenum's passing yards the last two games, pretty good really. Except they didn't score points.

Member #
    Images
    Nothing matters except points. Looks a Keenum's passing yards the last two games, pretty good really. Except they didn't score points.
    You mean when the opposing teams are well ahead and playing prevent, Keenum is able to pad his numbers with short, check down throws. This does not make him a decent QB as his number show. Garbage stats during trash time.

Denver's D has given up more yards on the ground in the past two weeks to a single back in each game, than any other team has in the history of the NFL. And lost both games while doing so.

The front office, coaches, and players have all stated that changes are coming, but they must be talking about in the next couple of years because they haven't changed anything yet this year.

The stadium was embarrassing empty on Sunday. And the boo's came early and often. Sadly, the happiest and most excited that place became was when Chad Kelly came in to take a knee before half. (Granted these are the same fans who chanted and cheered for the likes of Tebow...) The Broncos have some talent despite some glaring holes. If they had a better coaching staff with better play calling, they could compete at a much higher level than they currently are.

[/QUOTE]What game were you all watching???[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the point of my post

[/QUOTE]You mean when the opposing teams are well ahead and playing prevent, Keenum is able to pad his numbers with short, check down throws..[/QUOTE]

Why do they refuse to take these easy short gains when the game is still in reach? They are there all game and force the opposing D to play more honest but we want to throw 15 yard passes every time. Not sure if it's the playcalling or bad reads by a horrible QB, either way it comes down to coaching.

I am responsible for 2 empty seats at yesterdays game, sadly I only allowed myself 4.5 hours of drive time to make a 2 hour drive, how the hell do you all live like that? Finally turned around at the top of the tunnels at 2:10pm

Chubb failed to stay home and play the end responsibility more times than he had sacks, he may be good at rushing the passer but he has not been taught the rest of the game.

Member #
    Images

I think you missed the point of my post

Why do they refuse to take these easy short gains when the game is still in reach? They are there all game and force the opposing D to play more honest but we want to throw 15 yard passes every time. Not sure if it's the playcalling or bad reads by a horrible QB, either way it comes down to coaching.

I am responsible for 2 empty seats at yesterdays game, sadly I only allowed myself 4.5 hours of drive time to make a 2 hour drive, how the hell do you all live like that? Finally turned around at the top of the tunnels at 2:10pm

Chubb failed to stay home and play the end responsibility more times than he had sacks, he may be good at rushing the passer but he has not been taught the rest of the game.
    I did miss the point. My fault.

The play calling and Keenum's decision making are both to blame. Musgrave needs to setup and use the run more. He moves to quickly to a spread offense, and that leads to Case having happy feet like Siemian did, and then he over throws the ball. More times then not, Case misses the open receiver or receivers, and tries to force something, or he runs backwards before getting sacked.

Chubb failed miserably except for his 3 sacks, and I still consider him a bright spot in the game. That's how badly they played. Von finally got another sack, but I feel like he missed some golden opportunities for tackles in the run game. And our linebackers missed 90% of the plays. They were either out of position most of the game or Joe Woods needs to call some better stuff

I have hear it strongly suggested that a loss on Thursday in AZ = a change in coaching staff

Member #
    Images
    Next time come down 6-8 hours early and tailgate with us. The large jobsite propane heater was running in the tent and the ambulance heater was going the entire time. We had plenty of green and red chili along with all the fixins. Have a fully stocked bar. And both TV's were showing a game.

Member #
    Images
    I have hear you need to proofread.

Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    I have hear you need to proofread.
    No!

Member #
    Images
    What an ending to last nights game.

Member #
    What an ending to last nights game.
    Was it a blow out?

Member #
    Was it a blow out?

Yes it was... 3 points.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Yes it was... 3 points.
    I knew they left him too much time. A nice long drive and a walk off FG would have been nice, although that pass to Hill was killer. It was good to see them fight back in the second half from what was appearing to be a blowout. Maybe they can get out of this first round this year. Mahomes has a canon there is no denying. I truly think next year with some defensive improvements they will have a better chance but you never know.

Member #
    WTH has gotten into the Broncos? This is no way to pursue the 1st draft pick.

Member #
    Wow, they just showed the stands and its looked half orange. Cant believe there are so many bronco fans there.

Also, for the first time this year, i am happy to have the broncos D on my fantasy football team.

Member #
    WTH is going on here?

Dunno - 28-3 after one quarter....where did these guys come from?
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door