Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2018 Thread

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images

NFL 2018 Thread

With the Broncos rookies starting camp today and the rest of the team coming back later in the week, I am starting to get excited for the new season. So what are everyone's thoughts on the upcoming season?

Will Brady go to yet another Super Bowl? Will the Eagles be able to repeat? Will the Broncos be able to improve on the 5-11 season they had last year? Who's going to be the best teams in the conferences?

Member #
    Images
    I think the Broncos will improve over last season, but no idear how much.
    I hope to HELL that the Raiders don't contend because I don't know that I can stand being this close to Raider Nation while they're good.
    I think the Chiefs will finish 10-6 again, and I think the Chargers will be 10-6 as well.

I hope the Pats do horribly, but that's an annual thing.
    Eagles will be in the hunt, but will lose in the NFC Championship to the Rams.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Images
    I will be at training camp on Saturday. Got my press pass so I can bring a DSLR in.

I am optimistic, hopefully Keenum we will get results we need. I think getting a QB like Manning and such is a total unicorn so having one that can play at least what he has shown in the past and build up O and D etc is a better move than chasing a unicorn QB.

We will see.

Oh and Brady can suck it.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

I think it all hinges on the O-line, Elway didn't do much to upgrade so it will come down to development and working as a team. I am not optimistic.

Defense is a wild card, if some of the new additions can play at a high level they will be top 10. I feel good about the secondary, linebackers and middle of the line are question marks for me?

QB is a big question mark for me, if Keenum gets the same play from the o-line that Semian got I expect the same result, or a backup due to injury.

Coaching still sux so none of the above may matter. Joseph is no head coach and play calling on both sides of the ball was horrible last year, I have no confidence that this will change.

While technically 7-9 or 8-8 would be an improvement, I predict it will still be a pretty disappointing season. If I am being a realist, from where they were last year this would be a big step in the right direction.

I hope Brady is exposed for yet another scandal that this time the feckless Goodel can't wipe under the rug and he is banned from the game and stricken from the record books like Pete Rose was, destined to walk the rest of his life in disgrace.

I expect that I will watch more college football because NFL players will continue to be played by the narrative that was started by a crappy never was QB who cant face the fact that he doesn't have the skill set to play, based on a complete fabrication that a waste of skin gangbanger was just trying to get home from the store. Fawk they have ruined the game
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Where is the vote for: The NFL had a chance to stand up to multimillionaire babies playing a game and acting as if they're "oppressed" yet failed to do anything about it?

Tired of 'em. I get to spend my Sundays for me, not them.
    ☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌ 
    / \ Copy and paste him
    Jim - www.yuccaman.com - '04 LJ Unlimited

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yucca-Man View Post
    Where is the vote for: The NFL had a chance to stand up to multimillionaire babies playing a game and acting as if they're "oppressed" yet failed to do anything about it?

Cool story! So why are you even in this thread? Just to start crap? Awesomesauce.

Member #
    Images
    Woah, big off season! Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, LeVeon Bell, Earl Thomas are all holding out. Julio Jones just signed today. Josh Gordon not going to camp and his NFL future is in question again. And Dez Bryant might sign with the Browns!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Yucca-Man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Cool story! So why are you even in this thread? Just to start crap? Awesomesauce.
    While he probably didn't have to post that, in reality, it is an opinion on the up coming season and one that may actually affect the NFL as far as TV ratings etc go so i think its a valid post as long as this thread is simply about the 2018 NFL.

While i feel pretty much the same way about the players that protested last season, at least the networks did finally quit showing them for the most part and I realize there are attention grabbers in all walks of life so its not enough for me to stop watching but i do know plenty of people who it did turn off enough that they stopped watching.

We will see i guess...
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    As far as my feelings on the Broncos go, cautiously optimistic i guess is where i would be on that.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    While he probably didn't have to post that, in reality, it is an opinion on the up coming season and one that may actually affect the NFL as far as TV ratings etc go so i think its a valid post as long as this thread is simply about the 2018 NFL.
    I'd agree with you if it was a well thought out and meaningful post. But it wasn't. In a way, he was acting just like the athletes he was trying to call out. Fighting ignorance and self entitlement with more of the same has never worked and is what has created this divide in the first place.

Member #
    Images
    Every time it seems the anthem protest is a non issue, someone including politicians brings it back to the surface. The dumb thing is when I was a 20yr season ticket holder many of the people you did not see standing for the anthem were those in the owners and team boxes. It was also the time when fans scrambled to get food etc because of shorter lines. As for me I always stood at attention for the National Anthem. It didnt bother me when others didnt, still does not, its their right either way. Should have been just left at that and neither opinion would have had traction for or against it. But peoples skin is thin, even in hypocrisy.

Back to football. Anyone else going to training camp? I do feel going gives you a decent view of who is going to make it and who may get cut. I am seriously thinking of going to the probowl this year as I like the new format where you get to interact with many different events and the least of which is the game. Sorta like the spring training in baseball in Arizona each year.

Member #
    Images
    Good times on Saturday at the opening of Training Camp.

I agree with the press on Keenum. He did seem to come to Denver to play and looks pretty decent. Several long passes and his shovel pass fake thing is pretty cool to watch. The entire offense has been charged and I like the effort the Oline is putting in so far.

Chubb is a big hit with the fans already. I didnt really see a lot of action from him, but I was on the offense side of the field Miller was all over the field and looks like 2015 Miller.

Friggen King can punt like I have not seen in a long time. Hang time is incredible. Lets hope he keeps his wit about him. Funny part is one of my all time favorite Broncos Shannon Sharpe would have been fined and etc every game for the stuff he did and say, compared to Kings antics. I used to love Sharpe's comments to the opposing teams and their fans. Someone call the national guard as the Patriots are getting killed (something like that) LOL

Member #
    Images
    He called the President.

Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Wow, just wow

I think the Broncos actually got worse, after what I saw tonight they will be lucky to go 6-10

This is a poorly coached team, low football IQ. If things don't improve dramatically by the time the regular season gets here Joseph needs to get his walking papers. It may also be time for Joe Ellis to re-evaluate the GM position.

Kelly looked like the best QB on the roster, that's not good.

How the hell is Isiah McKenzie still on the roster??????????????????

Boles didn't get called for a hold, I guess that's a positive, although Keenum seemed acutely aware that a rusher was coming from the left side.

:vomit:

Member #
    Images
    I regret to inform Broncos fans that Saint Elway will never be removed from the team until he decides to retire or he dies...no matter how bad the team does.

They looked good until they didn't.
    Number 2 looked good though. Hope he sticks around

Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Wow, just wow

I think the Broncos actually got worse, after what I saw tonight they will be lucky to go 6-10

This is a poorly coached team, low football IQ. If things don't improve dramatically by the time the regular season gets here Joseph needs to get his walking papers. It may also be time for Joe Ellis to re-evaluate the GM position.

Kelly looked like the best QB on the roster, that's not good.

How the hell is Isiah McKenzie still on the roster??????????????????

Boles didn't get called for a hold, I guess that's a positive, although Keenum seemed acutely aware that a rusher was coming from the left side.

:vomit:
    [SIZE=4]I don't even own a Jeep, oh wait I do and it is sick! [/SIZE]:P
    [URL]http://www.factcheck.org/[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.staythetrail.org"]
    [/URL]

Member #

4and10.
    2 OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. THE THIRD KEEPS YELLING PULL THE TRIGGER.

EVERY TIME YOU KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT SO YOU DONT OFFEND SOMEONE YOU LOSE A LITTLE PEACE OF YOURE 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS !!!!!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by THE STRANGER View Post

4and10.
    Are you stirring the pot of bad math or complete nonsense??? 4 wins and 10 losses equal 14 games. There are 16 regular season games. But thanks for playing.

Realistically, I see them improving over last year, but only slightly. Think they will go 7-9. Sucks, but that's what you get with Elway as a GM, VJ as a head coach, and Mustgrave as an OC.

And yes, the CU boy looked good. Hoping he makes the squad.

Member #
    Are you stirring the pot of bad math or complete nonsense??? 4 wins and 10 losses equal 14 games. There are 16 regular season games. But thanks for playing.

Realistically, I see them improving over last year, but only slightly. Think they will go 7-9. Sucks, but that's what you get with Elway as a GM, VJ as a head coach, and Mustgrave as an OC.

And yes, the CU boy looked good. Hoping he makes the squad.
    I'm going 9 and 7 but am a Broncos optimist.

I'll say 11-5, just cuz that would make me happy...
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    I'll say 11-5, just cuz that would make me happy...
    I haven't even looked at our schedule but it "should" be easy? I actually cant even believe its coming close to football time. This year has flown.

Anyway, i am changing my vote to match yours again, because i am a Broncos optimist.

I think we have all of the pieces needed, excellent defense and some offensive weapons. They just need to bond as a team.

Member #
    Images
    Haven't paid much attention the past two weeks. Anyone care to catch me up to speed?

Member #
    Images
    It's all pre-season, doesn't matter, and doesn't really tell much.

Haven't paid much attention the past two weeks. Anyone care to catch me up to speed?
    Keenum looks like a starting QB;

This may be one of the best rookie classes ever;

Swag Kelly is now the #2 QB and has, by all accounts, earned it;

Paxton Lynch is on his way out the door - maybe this week (Elway and Kubiak did not look pleased during his play in the 4th Quarter last night).

I'm still predicting 11-5.

Member #
    Images
    Keenum looks like a starting QB;

This may be one of the best rookie classes ever;

Swag Kelly is now the #2 QB and has, by all accounts, earned it;

Paxton Lynch is on his way out the door - maybe this week (Elway and Kubiak did not look pleased during his play in the 4th Quarter last night).

I'm still predicting 11-5.
    A real answer Thanks!

Much improved performance! At least there is some reason for optimism

The offense did find a rhythm and showed the ability to move the ball, both Keenum and Kelly made decent decisions. Still concerned that the offense started slow, this team is built to play with a lead.

D-fence looked good, Chubb needs some work against the run and the screen pass, line looks solid, we can finally get rid of Marshall, secondary looks good but lacks depth

Special teams looks like we might not put the 'O inside the 10 to start every drive and the 'D in field goal range every time out. McKenzie still has fumbleitis because he doesn't know how to carry the ball, cut that guy ASAP!

Coaching will still be the downfall of this team, my super optimistic outlook for the season has them at 8-8

Member #
    Much improved performance! At least there is some reason for optimism

The offense did find a rhythm and showed the ability to move the ball, both Keenum and Kelly made decent decisions. Still concerned that the offense started slow, this team is built to play with a lead.

D-fence looked good, Chubb needs some work against the run and the screen pass, line looks solid, we can finally get rid of Marshall, secondary looks good but lacks depth

Special teams looks like we might not put the 'O inside the 10 to start every drive and the 'D in field goal range every time out. McKenzie still has fumbleitis because he doesn't know how to carry the ball, cut that guy ASAP!

Coaching will still be the downfall of this team, my super optimistic outlook for the season has them at 8-8
    I like the notes of optimism but yeah, coaching has been a major downfall for the team for the last several years IMO.

It is still summertime so i have more fun stuff to do than concern myself with feetsball right now. It doesn't even seem like it should be starting up yet to me so i haven't paid much/any attention to it but i will get into it before long. Even having not watched a pre-season game or made any attention to it yet, I am forecasting at least a winning season. If i can't even do that then i might as well just give up.

Ok, so they looked decent tonight in the dress rehersal, keeping in mind it was the Redskins

Still don't have much faith in the O-line, perhaps with good play calling designed to keep opposing pass rushers honest they will be alright

Secondary looked really good against a veteran QB, hope they stay healthy because they don't have much depth

Some rookies look ready to contribute, upgrading my outlook to 9-7

Member #
    Images
    Ok, so they looked decent tonight in the dress rehersal, keeping in mind it was the Redskins

Still don't have much faith in the O-line, perhaps with good play calling designed to keep opposing pass rushers honest they will be alright

Secondary looked really good against a veteran QB, hope they stay healthy because they don't have much depth

Some rookies look ready to contribute, upgrading my outlook to 9-7
    Hmmm, I missed the game once again. Thinking I may need to make time and watch it after reading this. How'd the CU boy (Lindsay #2) do? Am hoping he makes the team.

Hmmm, I missed the game once again. Thinking I may need to make time and watch it after reading this. How'd the CU boy (Lindsay #2) do? Am hoping he makes the team.
    Lindsay is gonna be a star. The guy can do it all - catch passes, run through blocks, and be the gunner on special teams. No way does he not make the roster.

Member #
    Images
    Lindsay is gonna be a star. The guy can do it all - catch passes, run through blocks, and be the gunner on special teams. No way does he not make the roster.
    That's good to hear. He was a star in Boulder and was very under rated. Still is. I think the Broncos stole a undrafted FA gem with him.

Member #
    Images
    Yesterday Aaron Donald became the highest paid defensive player. Today, Raiders trade Mack to Bears for two first round draft picks next year. So is that the last of the hold outs?

Member #
    Images
    Broncos finally cut Lynch!!! Woohoo!

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...h/73-590271436

Member #
    Images
    Cravens placed on IR, so Broncos re-sign McKenzie

Cravens placed on IR, so Broncos re-sign McKenzie
    Booooooooo!!!

Member #
    Look at the donkeys go. Go donkeys go.

Member #
    Images
    Good Game, need to work on turn overs, but not a bad showing on all three sides of the ball. Miller was in form today for sure. Rookie and local boy Lindsey looked good too.

I was happy to see Keenum keep his composure after the pics. Wish the pics never happened but hey Manning threw 5 in his first Bronco game. So lets see if they can make some corrections.

Jury is still out for the coach in my opinion. I am hoping for a +500 season. Well see.

Crappy play from the QB position, for three times the price

Everything else looked good

You usually don't expect to win a game when you give them three turnovers.

Unless you sack their QB six times....in which case you might win by three.

Lots of work yet to be done to reach 11-5.